Help me..i20 Petrol or Figo Diesel (Bought Honda Jazz!)

Re: Help me..i20 Petrol or Figo Diesel

if u are interested, check out pre owned vehicles, that are run 1-2 years. you can get the bang for your money. u could look at fiesta/ verna / sx4 that have run for around 20000 kms.

in the first year 20% of the value of the vehicle is depreciated. u can lay ur hands on a segment higher. technically those cars would be as good as new

Thread Starter #17

Tintin, if you can elaborate the requirements then perhaps we can recommend you more options that are suitable. Please visit this thread and answer the simple questions. About the Petrol vs Diesel debate, I think it has been clarified well in this thread already. At the end of the day, the ultimate choice depends upon you and your requirements. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z
as per your suggestion..i am evaluating my requirements

• Your Budget: Tell us the maximum price that you are willing to spend for vehicle purchase. well i am ready to spend 5.5 OTR max

• Your Location: mumbai,

• Top 5 Priorities: Please mention the top 5 priorities which you need in your car / bike.
  • decent fuel economy
  • good service/ well priced cheap spare parts
  • niggle free ownership
  • decent interiors, i am upgrading from m 800...so might be easily impressed
  • have an infant at home, so would desire a safe ride with zero breakdowns

• Monthly Running: Generally Office and back with occassional shopping trips in the weekends, some trips to neighbouring places in coming months, notmore than 6000 km in a year.

• For Which Purpose:

• Max. Seating Capacity: me my wife n child....sometime when parents come visting, 10 days a year at max!

• Priority of Fuel Type: not very sentimental about that,just worried with the rising cost of petrol

• Body Type:hatch only..good mid segment one, a big hatch like a figo/ i 20
have test drivenFigo vista and i 20..
have like the diesel versions of vista andfigo, i 20 only petrolmagna fitsmy budget.....magna i 20 andfigo diesel zxi are within my budget,...ruuled out the Vista as dad already has one ...dont want 2 same cars!

what do i do?will my figo get spoilt if i only drive 500 km a month?whatr is the exact notionabout diesel requiring too much maintenance???
is the figo petrol pathetic???
[confused][confused]

Gentlemen
thanks for the quick suggestions!
one small clarification since the cars i was confused with were Figo diesel titanium and i 20 magna/sports, the price difference would have been about 45k only. as regards the other issues, yes even i feel so, my daily run to office is onbly about 7 km!! so i am in Office in about 25 mins only!cars not heated up enough!weekend outings to suburbs in mumbai etc is the time wherein i guess running will be more, everything should amount to 500 km monthly. i know petrol does make better driving pleasure and is quiter too. was almost behind buying an i 20 only. the only spacious other half-hatch was a dzire inspite of its funny stylin! no offence meant to any user. then i took a TD of a Figo diesel and found it VFM, though not as plush as i 20 but not bad too. the cause of worry was with such limited running the diesel engine shouldnt under perform! its like buying a Dell alienware laptop and surfing the net only!!![surprise]
i am slowly bending towards i 20 Magna, only wish there was ABS on it!!
else will have to dig deep in my pockets and buy an Asta!
else will have to leave my heart aside and buy a Dzire with my head
god......i m in deep deep confusion!!![anger]
As you said your office is near and you will be traveling around mumbai you will not need ABS much. I will suggest you still go for I20 because you like it, always buy a car which you like most.[:)]

I would say Ford Figo is good and a VFM. But, ABS is not required if your drive is going to be only in city. For highways, it comes in top of my priority.

Why not wait for a month and check out the well proven Swift's new edition? Sorry if i confusing you more.

Hello tintin_marines,

I had the say issues/questions in mind like yours.

I checked all hatchbacks.

Now fixed on Punto 1.3 Active.

what do i do?will my figo get spoilt if i only drive 500 km a month?whatr is the exact notionabout diesel requiring too much maintenance???
is the figo petrol pathetic???
Buddy we have said it already before , diesel engines wont get spoilt if only driven for 500kms a month. We only say for your running going in for a petrol makes more sense as the initial investment is lesser , maintenance is cheaper and complete peace of mind. Diesel engines don't require too much maintenance for the first four years atleast , but generally maintenance of diesel engine is costlier compared to petrol.

Totally agree with cooldhaya.
And tintin, my question is why i20 petrol?? there are many petrol cars with better engines, my brother(cousin) got a i20 petrol(review coming soon, when my brother comes to my place) a month back. He said that the pick up drastically falls if the car is fully loaded(4 passengers), comparing to manza diesel which already has a vague acceleration. though i20 diesel has a smart engine. If you want petrol, my strong recommendation, go for something other than i20.. If diesel , look no where i20 diesel

Jeno[cheers]

Thread Starter #23

[:)]hey guys..i am overwhelmed with so many replies n all of u taking out time to do so!

one small query....
whats with the excess cost of diesel maintenance?
what do we have to change?air filter?but after how many kilometers??any figo owner can please comment?
Also, cost of i 20 spares isnt very less as compared to Figo! i think spares r cheap only for tata and maruti...where Hyundai beats ford hands down is probably A.$.$
whats the approx maintenance requirement of a diesel car and at what intervals?[confused]

BTW... i m stilll not able to decide!! buy a top loaded figo titanium diesel at 45 k more than a i 20 Magna petrol!![frustration]

I have drove the Ford Figo Diesel for the past 1 year. The maintenance is not that high even though i have drove around 11000 kms till date. For the initial 2 free services the amount charged was Rs. 1400/- only.

But on speaking to the ford technician he told me the maintenance cost would be approximately Rs. 4000/- for every 10000 kms. (surely depends upon standard replacements only).

Considering your driving I think it is better if you go for i20 magna petrol (i suppose u have already separated it from other petrol cars ). If you are keen on driving and travelling a more then Ford Figo Diesel is definitely a better bet.

Most commonly parts changed during maintenance are like below.
Its screen captured Fiat’s advertisement hope this might be helpful to you.

Attachments

powerpacked! hats off to You! [clap]

I was looking for the same comparison.
Buddy we have said it already before , diesel engines wont get spoilt if only driven for 500kms a month. We only say for your running going in for a petrol makes more sense as the initial investment is lesser , maintenance is cheaper and complete peace of mind. Diesel engines don't require too much maintenance for the first four years atleast , but generally maintenance of diesel engine is costlier compared to petrol.
Dear cooldhaya!

Why you are saying so ?
but generally maintenance of diesel engine is costlier compared to petrol.
I am worried? 4 years ....after how many KM? I asked the Fiat guys same question and they said it is a rumor?

I done TD for i20 astra last week.

Feel Good. but on the bad road it is not really stable.

From motorbeam,
Honda Jazz New Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) -

Honda Jazz Base Price – Rs 7,45,000/- (old price), Rs 5,87,500/- (new price)
Honda Jazz Select Price – Rs 7,56,500/- (old price), Rs 5,99,000/- (new price)
Honda Jazz X Price – Rs 7,88,500/- (old price), Rs 6,31,000/- (new price).
Does the price look tempting?

Top Bottom