Hello from Me & My Parted CONTESSA

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys , I am Sreejith from Bangalore this is my first post so please excuse any mistakes , please be candid enough to point out the mistakes , well to start with my love about cars it all started in 2008 until then I was just a 2 wheeler buff, was very fond of Safari from my school days still remember those days when I used to drool over a blue colored safari which was owned by one of my neighbors & had a lot of respect for contessa . Well this when I in my 2nd job met a person who was a racing enthusiast & came to learn more about cars , I was planning to upgrade from my 160 Apache RTR to a thunderbird & was saving all the money & saw a white colored contessa that’s when I fell in love with HM contessa , so there started my search for a HM contessa without even knowing how to drive &finally after a 6 month search bought one which was white in color & thought that I will be a happy owner but god had different plans for me & there began my rant with the new car .I learnt driving in this car all alone , paid the cash to the guy who sold this asked his driver to get the car near home & there is a big ground few kms away from home parked it there , every day when I go back home after my shift I get down near the car start the car , press the clutch notch to 1st gear & start moving the car drive for about 3 meters stop the car switch off the engine & walk home did this for about 3 days as I did not know how to reverse , then on my off day took a long u turn & drove for about 3 hours & parked the car & went home the next day the does not ,then got to know that the battery had died down as I left the parking light on the whole night, got the mechanic to get a battery & started the car the car had a very harsh engine noise just like a matador & thick black smoke mechanic says not to worry have the engine oil changed then I lock the car got to drop the mechanic & come back with my friends try to open the door , the door handle breaks & all of us are locked outside & there is just 1 keyhole to lock & unlock , then one of my friend who if Mr. Notorious [evil] ( known for the all the deeds he does) go buys a ruler & after giving a try of 1 hour finally opened the lock from the co passenger side & I start the vehicle & with my mind & hand shivering I drive the vehicle to my home all thru the main road had mixed reactions from friends & family & few say u have taken the wrong decision why did you buy this you could got a maruthi 800 , I did not pay heed to them as for me it was a heart over mind decision & just wanted to enjoy my drive .

A week later I take my friends for a ride in the night all went fine until we were nearing my home it was about some 50 + on the speedo on a narrow road @ 11 pm & I had to take a left when I hear a thud sound & I am trying to turn left but the steering wheel just turns but the car does not & finally we end up in a ditch luckily no one was hurt , the car had hit a stone & the steering ( what they call the T joint is broken ) so take help from friends & 2 onlookers push the car to the side called up my mechanic he asked me to come in the morning as all his guys were gone home .So I go home & tell mom that the car is punctured so did not get the car , wake up early in the morning go to the car wait until 8 call my mechanic , he comes there with his guys we start pushing the car & one guy turning the tire with his hands finally reach the garage call up a guy in Shivaji nagar Gujri & got the part replaced .Had many instances where the car was more in the garage than with me & all my weekend was @ the garage having the car repaired thanks to my stars I did not have a girlfriend then , if I had, I would have been divorced even before my marriage , finally in 2009 roads were being dug up near my home to asphalt, I thought of having the car repainted so there went my car to have a fresh coat of paint she was white when I bought I love grey , so had it painted grey changed the fiber bumpers to steel like the old ones , did not have a good ice setup as I did not use the car for more than 3 hours on my offs rather I was afraid of being embarrassed where my car does not start but the stereo plays .Then the car was fine again for few months until a day comes where there car starts & moves rather jerks like the way when there is no diesel took it to a mechanic who in turn asked me to get the pump reset & set the nozzle , so I go to a bosch center to have the pump & nozzle done & the guy in there messed it up & there was a very harsh noise again what I get after spend about 8 hours is the car does not move & am stalled on the middle of the road ,got help from some #$%#$#% to push the car to the side & they are away with my 50 bucks & later spent about 16k [frustration] to get the car running again finally my mind took over my heart & said I will be getting married in a year or so should start looking for a better vehicle wanted to keep this vehicle & go for another one but there was a parking constrain so placed an ad on the internet to let go of her but was really pissed off when there were people who asked me to get down to the price where they can buy just 4 tires & most of them who called was just looking for a cheap car & none with the love for the car but finally got a ok deal & had to part with the beauty .Will upload the pictures soon from the 1 day how she looked & how she changed .Please pardon me for the long post & if I have bored you guys as I told this is my first post on any forum & will learn with few more.[cheers]

@Sreejith:
Accept my warm welcome to the forum.
Well,a Contessa has its own place in the market and still there are some enthusiasts who love this muscle car looking classic beauty.
Your learning-to-drive story was really very interesting and i am really surprised to know that you yourself learnt driving that also in your own car.
Any pic of the CONTESSA??Please..:please:

Thread Starter #4
Thread Starter #6
Yes those are chrome & they were original COX rings , you get it in all sizes ..You get it in JC road or if wants used u can find them in Shivajinagar gujri .

Brave for a first timer, thats called following your dream, no matter what. People generally go towards the pomp and show of the new models available in the market and its quite later that they realize the real worth of these cars. I am one of them [pig]

Really nice work there man, you could have done a bit of more into it, but I wouldn't blame you and wouldn't go into the details either, in the initial days we just ignore the basics we could do.

It really hurts to see a Classic 95 Amby, which was sold by us, was restored and is now the crown of the colony. It looks way better than my cars which are 10-12 yrs younger to it. [frustration]

Last but not the least, Welcome aboard !! [clap]

Hi Sreejith ,

Welcome dude.

Contessa was a Indian Mustang. I'm a die hard fan of that Indian Mustang.

Your Car looks Neat & Sexy, but maintaing those cars are really difficult now a days.

Even me to used 118NE before 5years, That was my First Car..still I can remember each and every kilometer, I had travelled with her.

We maintained my car perfectly, then also my 118NE gave the problem continousely. finally we sold the car without our heart... [sad]

Top Bottom