Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo - Booked Punto

Re: Heart vs Brain: Punto vs Figo -- Help me!!

Correct.. So between Figo EXI and Punto Active - Punto is cheaper with same features.
Rite now I cannot afford ABS or Airbags in any model, so I have to live without it.
Thanks RSM. I checked with Concorde motors, Do you know anything about their service?

Offers are mostly for Petrol siblings and diesel hatchs are not having any nice offers at this time.

As I am very new to driving. Just taking my driving classes, I will rely on valuable suggestions of TAI-ans.
Azad, have you given a thought of owning a pre-owned car ? [:)]

See safety features are not something which can be fitted later on or people do not need them (I wish, people should not be in a position to actually need them) but current situations are not good and they are not going to improve either. 10 years back these terms were align to most of the people or were not affordable / advisable due to less traffic on roads but now ?

Safety features are like having a medical insurance, nobody wants to avail but still tries to keep one at least.

I am sure you will make a wise decision.

Note: At no point in time I am suggesting to stretch your budget beyond reach.

Thread Starter #17

Is 6lakhs on road or ex showroom?
Some cars worth considering(to me)-
-Hyundai i20Edit:On road price of era i20 d in Bangalore is(carwale)-Rs 7,04,538[surprise]
-Maruti ritz
-Maruti Suzuki Swift[:D]
-Nissan Micra
If you can bear that 3cyl motor the polo/fabia too can be considered.
- i20 is costlier:agree:..
- ritz look cheap from inside and has got a dent behind. So, no no..
- Swift: Unknown angel. But rear seat may be an issue.
- Micra : Well I never thought about it. Not a great looker, still will check once.

Madhaji, first of all AZADi ki 65th salgira ki mubarak

Since your family has already okayed Punto which is a better driver car (with more comfortable seats IMHO), so the road is clear for you to own a Punto.

Good bargaining for Punto is available all around. You can also enquire about Diesel for Petrol offer.

If your local Fiat (TML actually) dealer is reputed, then you should go with Punto. It will broaden the smile of your face.

Thread Starter #19

AzAd - your posts suggest that you have silently made a decision towards Punto. If you have, then buy it, dont worry about others. It is a very good car, just not marketed well. In comparison to Figo it is better built and engine is more tried and tested.

Coming to VFM, I am not sure why Figo ZXI is over the budget, must be because of tax structure in Bangalore. In Delhi, it roughly costs around ~5.70 OTR

As 350Z also said, in case you like Swift then wait for the new make over car. It surely will be a VFM as well and considering after sales support from MSIL, you would not think about anything else.
Kind of, as heart always dominates you. But still I want to check all the available options.

Yes, In bangalore Figo EXi is around 6lac+. Damn, I like Delhi now..

I think you own Swift, can you please comment on rear seat comfort?? Will it be same with new model??

Thread Starter #20

Azad, have you given a thought of owning a pre-owned car ? [:)]

See safety features are not something which can be fitted later on or people do not need them (I wish, people should not be in a position to actually need them) but current situations are not good and they are not going to improve either. 10 years back these terms were align to most of the people or were not affordable / advisable due to less traffic on roads but now ?
Ya.. You are rite. Still Indian Automotive needs to be improved. Till now abs and airbags are not standard and only available as optional on top variants.

Thread Starter #22

Madhaji, first of all AZADi ki 65th salgira ki mubarak

Since your family has already okayed Punto which is a better driver car (with more comfortable seats IMHO), so the road is clear for you to own a Punto.

Good bargaining for Punto is available all around. You can also enquire about Diesel for Petrol offer.

If your local Fiat (TML actually) dealer is reputed, then you should go with Punto. It will broaden the smile of your face.
Thanks Nuvo.. Wish You a very happy independance day!!
Will bargain hard and also try to get as much freebies as possible.

I am not sure whether Concorde motors, near dairy circle, bangalore are better. Some one with past experience should share the info.

Thanks RSM. I checked with Concorde motors, Do you know anything about their service?
I bought from Concorde, dairy circle and taking all servicing from them. No issues so far.
The servicing experience is far better than my Alto servicing I get from Maruti. Concorde, dairy circle, got award from Fiat, to have best spare parts availability in South India.

I would suggest, bargain with all dealers, prerna, KHT, aadya and concorde. Buy from who is giving you best offer.
Servicing with KHT is also been recommended by some owners.

Ya.. You are rite. Still Indian Automotive needs to be improved. Till now abs and airbags are not standard and only available as optional on top variants.
Even though nobody asked but I am sharing my thought.
My opinion about need of ABS is 50-50.
I have tried to compare umpteen times but I felt cars without ABS had better chance of short braking distance.
i have tried it with Punto and my vista.
in vista tires used to scream and we may bang our forehead on dashboard but it would stop parallel to electric post.
same way i brake my punto it would stop near coconut tree almost 5 meter from electric post.
good thing is punto remains in its line of track possible to maneuver even at last seconds. but vista might have moved off track or would feel no response in steering.

technically chance of collision or its impact is reduced.

i rain and wet surface i am sure ABS should be great boon but again i have no idea how wet brake linings would affect the braking perfomance as in both cars braking on rainy and humid condition road gave wierdest result. though puntos braking always had an upper edge and fineness . But regarding ABS I am quite uncertain concerned to lower end cars and its efficiency.

Thread Starter #25

I would suggest, bargain with all dealers, prerna, KHT, aadya and concorde. Buy from who is giving you best offer.
Servicing with KHT is also been recommended by some owners.
Thanks for the input.. I will check with other dealers also..
And where is KHT? :stupid:

Thread Starter #26

Even though nobody asked but I am sharing my thought.
My opinion about need of ABS is 50-50.
I have tried to compare umpteen times but I felt cars without ABS had better chance of short braking distance.
good thing is punto remains in its line of track possible to maneuver even at last seconds. but vista might have moved off track or would feel no response in steering.
technically chance of collision or its impact is reduced.
i rain and wet surface i am sure ABS should be great boon but again i have no idea how wet brake linings would affect the braking perfomance as in both cars braking on rainy and humid condition road gave wierdest result. though puntos braking always had an upper edge and fineness . But regarding ABS I am quite uncertain concerned to lower end cars and its efficiency.
Thanks Jayadev.. I have almost zeroed in for Punto.. Do you have any suggestions for me as a Punto owner..

Someone please let me know the mileage of Punto diesel..

Before finalizing .
Check thoroughly, how the dealer is and how much good is facility at service stations in your near about .
Please do not feel shy to go and talk to service executives and ask thier general opinions hope you can identify wolf under sheep skin when go bit deeper,once a deal is done it would be these guys you will be dealing with rest of the time .

Withdraw yourself if anything do not satisfy you.

This holds true for all the car you buy but in case of fiat be extra careful.

Make sure to put certain conditions, like you need to do see and inspect vehicle before registration,PDI,freebies etc .after all you are putting hard earned money let their be no mistakes from your end.

Now this is the interesting statement from you Jayadev. Why did you say so ?
I have always seen mysterious character with fiat-" love it or loathe it" .

There engines are so good ,whole india is gung -ho about it, but look at their cars.
even though it is almost good but not perfect as it should be - I don't know why they cant make it.

So is the case with ownership experience ,some states pathetic issues with fiat(or may be they exaggerate) and some like me have almost nil issues.
So to be honest I never recommend anybody to buy fiat cars blindly rather I always put a clause somewhere it may or may not help a potential buyer .

Top Bottom