Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Re: Done with repair

Still didn't get the car due to cash crunch[frustration],thanks to our Modi Ji for making us cashless[frustration].But,got the car ownership transferred to dad's name few days ago.Everytime uncle calls me,the person who took the car,says the car will come today or tomorrow.But,still days are going ahead and there is no signs of getting our car from repair.Hence,told my dad to pay that extra Rs.98,273 and get the car ASAP.

I usually hate waiting for something or someone and I hate people who keeps delaying.
Dude, who taken your car? Is your car still at dealership? You should pay parking fee in dealership for these all days!! What's going on

Thread Starter #32
Re: Done with repair

Dude, who taken your car? Is your car still at dealership? You should pay parking fee in dealership for these all days!! What's going on
Yes.The car is still at the dealership[cry].That uncle,who took the car and did accident,had to pay the money of Rs.98,273.But,due to demonitisation,he doesn't have money.So,I hope I would get my car by this week.I'm praying the god to get my car this week.Already,the work got completed but he delayed in getting the car due to lack of money with him,he couldn't get the car in time[frustration]

Thread Starter #33
Still didn't get the car

Still we didn't get the car[cry]Whenever I ask my dad,when are you getting the car.He says,son you don't worry.We will get the car soon,sooner if possible and I always get anxious about Innova.This new year is worst for me because we still didn't get our Innova[frustration]Its been 4 months since I miss him.God,get me the Innova ASAP.I can't wait to get the car on my hands.Day by day,I get excited that whenever my dad says,our Innova is coming but at the end of the day,the car will not come and never comes into our hands.Already ownership name got transferred to dad's name few days ago and still we didn't get the car due to lack of money for paying the so called Rs.98,273.The biggest mistake we had done is not getting the insurance renewed at time.Thats the reason we had to get the car repaired without insurance and first Rs.1,00,000 had been paid in advance before they started repairing the car and now,we have to pay Rs.98,273,which that uncle(who did accident to the poor soul and the previous owner of this car,which he replaced this car with Fortuner in July 2016)has been struggling to pay the money since the work has been completed since Nov 2016.All this happened due to stupid demonitization by our Modi Ji,who made us cashless by the time when we were about to pay another Rs.1,00,000 to the dealer for repair.

Dear god,I'am praying you because I have high hopes on you in getting my Innova.Please protect my poor soul from sun and rain and get my car ASAP because we are facing issues without second car.Now,Vento is the one and only car for us as of now till Innova comes to us.

Hope I'll get my poor soul i.e Innova from A.S.S this week.

Got back my Innova today after paying ₹98,273 to the dealer through RTGS.Now,he is ready to rule the roads once again and he is the lone warrior as we sold off our Vento today.
Innova is ruling the Kerala Highways. I was on a recent trip to Kerala, majority of Sabarimala vehicles are Innovas. Found all new Fortuners and Innovas. All new Innova rear view doesn't feel good (for me).

Got back my Innova today after paying ₹98,273 to the dealer through RTGS.Now,he is ready to rule the roads once again and he is the lone warrior as we sold off our Vento today.
Bro Thats Good to know that your Innova is back in the game!!! For me too, 1,98,000/- Estimation feels to be a bit on the higher side, Has toyota became costly? Can we get a snap of a Estimation list! And some After repair pics of your car.

Thread Starter #37
Innova is ruling the Kerala Highways. I was on a recent trip to Kerala, majority of Sabarimala vehicles are Innovas. Found all new Fortuners and Innovas. All new Innova rear view doesn't feel good (for me).
Ok,now I'm super happy with the arrival of Innova as I love it to the core due to its comfort and space and reliability.I always prefer Innova over our previous Vento due to comfort and space.Many cars may come and go,but Innova will be with us forever coz of its main three factors.But,my dad gonna book Rapid as a second car at home soon but I wanted Creta as I got bored with Germans.If my dad buys Rapid,Innova will become mine.

Now,he has completed 82000 Kms today.Did 500 Kms in a week after getting him from repair and super happy with it as it satisfies me with its comfort and space,especially looks in grey colour.But,it is too big for my dad to drive the car in city.Gonna keep him for another 4-5 years.

Thread Starter #38
Update-Innova has not been put into much use since the day we bought an i10 from cousin(temporary ride) for few days.My dad feels much better by driving the i10 than Innova due to compact dimensions and easy to use in city traffic.

Yesterday,my dad had taken out the Innova and went to our hometown again for the second time since we bought the car from repair.

Thread Starter #39
Updates and 2 back to back Highway trips

Did 2 back to back trips this week.One was on Sunday and one was on Tuesday,which we came back yesterday.

On Sunday,we went to Guntur,which is 270 Kms away from Hyderabad and 40 Kms away from Vijayawada for attending my cousin's wife's baby shower function.We were of 9 members including driver and we were seated comfortably without any issues.Didn't remember the exact FE we got but MID showed around 10.5-11 Kmpl as the car was driven mostly in the speeds of 100-120 Kmph.

Another one was happened on Tuesday night as we went to Basar,which is located 40 Kms from Nizamabad and 210 Kms from Hyderabad.Did an up and down of around 440 Kms and 8 members(me,mom,my mom's cousin family,which are of 4 people and a 2.5 year old kid) including driver.Most of the time we were cruising on ORR itself and car is stable even after going at the speeds at around 120-130 Kmph on ORR.BTW,I got a range of 512 Kms,which we filled Diesel of worth Rs.2000 and the present price of Diesel in Hyderabad itself Rs.64.36 and the DTE still shows around 70-75 Kms after travelling 440 Kms and the tyre pressure we set was 36 PSI on all 4 tyres. .So,I'm assuming that the FE would give around 14.5-15.5 Kmpl in Highways,which is good for an almost 6 year old Innova,which has run a shade above 83600 Kms till now and it is impossible for other Innova users to achieve this kind of FE.BTW,we did around 1200+ Kms in 3 days,in which,90% of the car's usage is on highways itself.

And,BTW,I got 11.55 Kmpl in city itself,which is very good in city conditions considering that Hyderabad has worst traffic conditions but not much as Bangalore.But,my dad felt that the Innova is not even giving 10 Kmpl and my driver said that it is giving around 10-11 Kmpl in city.

Last edited:
Re: Updates and 2 back to back Highway trips

So,I'm assuming that the FE would give around 14.5-15.5 Kmpl in Highways,which is good for an almost 6 year old Innova.
Well, the fuel efficiency is good. Once I got a chance to drive Innova from Cochin to Pathanamhtita (150kms) on bare foot. I got very good mileage readings. Light foot on accelerator will give excellent fuel efficiency. The tyre pressure is having some influence on the fuel efficiency. Just change the PSI to 1/2 less or more, it will show a different fuel efficiency.

Innova on 36PSI, is it on upper side? We keep 29PSI on Fortuner Tyres.

Thread Starter #41
Re: Updates and 2 back to back Highway trips

Well, the fuel efficiency is good. Once I got a chance to drive Innova from Cochin to Pathanamhtita (150kms) on bare foot. I got very good mileage readings. Light foot on accelerator will give excellent fuel efficiency. The tyre pressure is having some influence on the fuel efficiency. Just change the PSI to 1/2 less or more, it will show a different fuel efficiency.

Innova on 36PSI, is it on upper side? We keep 29PSI on Fortuner Tyres.
Thanks for the inputs sir.BTW,I got around 15.5 Kmpl,which I had expected it before itself.

Now,the odo is more than 83700 Kms as of today.

And,thinking to change the horns of our Innova to louder ones as stock ones feel meek whenever on highways.

Thread Starter #42
85000 Kms done

Now,Innova has completed 85000 Kms and planning to give him for servicing.Still the Innova gives me smile due to its sheer comfort and reliability and FE we are getting is 10-11 Kmpl in city and my dad is not getting convinced about FE and he still thinks that Innova gives the FE of below 10 Kmpl.

Now,its the only car at home as we sold off our Vento 1.5 months ago and my dad is finding difficult to drive the Innova in city traffic.So,we might go for an AT car like Creta Diesel or City CVT as second car and Innova will be driven by our driver most of the time.

Thread Starter #43
There is not much to update about Innova as he has run 86500 Kms.Didn't give him for 80K Kms servicing yet as there is no time to give it due to lack of alternative car.Till now,we did 11000 Kms in it and 5000 Kms after repair.After repair,there are no issues on engine and still running like a dream without any issues except some minor rattling from rear seat and dashboard.Will be fixing those when we will give the car for servicing.But,sad news was my dad was insisiting to sell it off but I said big no for selling the car as it is good and can run for lacs of Kms and the ownership got transferred to dad's name in December and we are the 2nd owner officially.

Now,planning to get some accessories after 80K service.Im contemplating on getting a new set of horns,magnetic shades(as summer got started early) and a new number plate and new leather seat covers and bumper guards and 2 new tyres.

There is not much to update about Innova as he has run 86500 Kms.Didn't give him for 80K Kms servicing yet as there is no time to give it due to lack of alternative car.Till now,we did 11000 Kms in it and 5000 Kms after repair.After repair,there are no issues on engine and still running like a dream without any issues except some minor rattling from rear seat and dashboard.Will be fixing those when we will give the car for servicing.But,sad news was my dad was insisiting to sell it off but I said big no for selling the car as it is good and can run for lacs of Kms and the ownership got transferred to dad's name in December and we are the 2nd owner officially.

Now,planning to get some accessories after 80K service.Im contemplating on getting a new set of horns,magnetic shades(as summer got started early) and a new number plate and new leather seat covers and bumper guards and 2 new tyres.
Kindly let me know the cost of leather covers. Are you planning for OE covers?

Top Bottom