Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Had checked the car at A.S.C after the accident.Had got an estimation of nearly ₹1.8-2L for repairing the car.

-New front bumper
/QUOTE]

Unfortunate event happened. The front bumper is costly. Fortuner bumper costing between 25000 to 30000. It can be repaired. It is made of Fiber, and hence any bend can be just heat&straight.

Overall estimated amount is on higher side. Your vehicle at front and Fortuner at back, right? How the front bumper of your vehicle damaged?
The driver was asleep and he hit the car and bumper got broken.

Here is the pic of the car after accident.Sorry for the pic clarity as the uploading of pic is limited to 1MB only.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17
Update-Due to cheque bounce from our side,the stupid insurance guy is not even accepting the renewal.So,it may take time to get the car repaired.But,we are not bearing those expenses coz the expenses of accident will be beared by that uncle,who took our Innova and ex-owner of the car.

But,I still miss our Innova��.Since the day we bought Innova,I lost my interest on Vento due to low seating and it became old.I hope that our Innova will be back to perfect condition after the repairs.My dad's friend,after seeing this pic,said that chassis has got bend a bit and suggested my dad to sell it off.But,I denied it coz I like this car and I straightaway said him that I started hating Vento since we bought Innova and he agreed about it.I still wanted the Innova to be here with us for atleast 3-4 years.

Update-Due to cheque bounce from our side,the stupid insurance guy is not even accepting the renewal.So,it may take time to get the car repaired.But,we are not bearing those expenses coz the expenses of accident will be beared by that uncle,who took our Innova and ex-owner of the car.

But,I still miss our Innova��.Since the day we bought Innova,I lost my interest on Vento due to low seating and it became old.I hope that our Innova will be back to perfect condition after the repairs.My dad's friend,after seeing this pic,said that chassis has got bend a bit and suggested my dad to sell it off.But,I denied it coz I like this car and I straightaway said him that I started hating Vento since we bought Innova and he agreed about it.I still wanted the Innova to be here with us for atleast 3-4 years.
Really very sad to see this. If Chasis is bend, then kindly think a bit.
If it can be corrected by any workshop, you can retain it.

But how come Toyota bumper is this much cost. Try it in old spare market, surely you can get one.
Waiting for your workhorse back in race.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
Really very sad to see this. If Chasis is bend, then kindly think a bit.
If it can be corrected by any workshop, you can retain it.

But how come Toyota bumper is this much cost. Try it in old spare market, surely you can get one.
Waiting for your workhorse back in race.
Update:Estimation of repair would be nearly Rs.2L to 3.5L as per my dad.

Unfortunately,we didn't get the insurance renewed,which got expired on August 24,on time as we were busy with our brother's marriage,which happened in August.Hence,the delay for the repair.Will be getting the insurance renewed by this week and will get the car by this month end or Nov 1st week.

May congrats for your Innova. I am a big time fan of this car for its comfort and ride quality. Post some more pictures of the car. Wishing you millions of happy miles.

Thread Starter #21
Work has been started and almost nearing its completion

Finally,the work has been started a week ago and my car is almost complete with fitting new parts like radiator,condenser,new horns,intercooler pipes.By Monday or Tuesday,parts like bonnet,front headlights,fenders will get fitted onto the car and after that,Toyota guys will do test drive of the car for checking the car whether it is running with any problems or not.Most probably,by this weekend,we will get the car with new parts fitted in it and get Pooja done at temple.

And,Im gonna get accessories like front and rear bumper guards,music system from dealer itself.

Hi man, congratulations on your innova. I just got active on tai from 1 year!! Many things suddenly happened in my life. Currently i have moved to Germany to pursue my higher studies.Had to sell of my Z800 with heavy heart. Btw, it's very sad about accident & i wish you'll get car soon in immaculate condition. Keep car till 3L kms☺
Btw, your dad owns educational institute If yes which one?

Last edited:
Re: Work has been started and almost nearing its completion

Finally,the work has been started a week ago and my car is almost complete with fitting new parts like radiator,condenser,new horns,intercooler pipes.By Monday or Tuesday,parts like bonnet,front headlights,fenders will get fitted onto the car and after that,Toyota guys will do test drive of the car for checking the car whether it is running with any problems or not.Most probably,by this weekend,we will get the car with new parts fitted in it and get Pooja done at temple.

And,Im gonna get accessories like front and rear bumper guards,music system from dealer itself.
Been a silent follower of this thread.

Great News Man. Do update with new pics [:)]

Thread Starter #24
Hey Maneesh,

After a long time.Thanks for the compliment dude and sad to know that you had sold off your Z800 and all the best for your future.And,yes,you guessed it right.My dad owns few educational institutions and how did you get to know that my dad has few educational institutions?Anyways,I'm happy that you got to know about my dad's reputation.

Vishnu-Thanks dude and sure will post the pics as soon as he comes out from ASC.

Here is the pic of our Innova as of yesterday:

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Maneesh,

After a long time.Thanks for the compliment dude and sad to know that you had sold off your Z800 and all the best for your future.And,yes,you guessed it right.My dad owns few educational institutions and how did you get to know that my dad has few educational institutions?Anyways,I'm happy that you got to know about my dad's reputation.

Vishnu-Thanks dude and sure will post the pics as soon as he comes out from ASC.

I got to know about you only. You have mentioned in some thread that your dad in educational business so i guessed that's it!!
Btw, you didn't told which educational institutions your dad owns. If you are not able to share publicly then PM me!! Maybe junior colleges right??

Last edited:
Hey Maneesh,

Super, So finally the Car will back in roads.
Kindly get the old parts which you have replaced with new ones. It can get you some money in old spares market.

Thread Starter #27
Done with repair

Car is ready to rule the roads once again.Will be getting the car by this Wednesday as we are getting name transferred to dad's name from previous owner.Checked the car and all mechanicals are all right and all set to leave the ASC.

Total bill I got is-Rs.1,98,273.

Thread Starter #28
Re: Done with repair

Car is ready to rule the roads once again.Will be getting the car by this Wednesday as we are getting name transferred to dad's name from previous owner.Checked the car and all mechanicals are all right and all set to leave the ASC.

Total bill I got is-Rs.1,98,273.
Update:Still didn't get the car due to lack of auspicious day and closure of banks due to the recent ban of Rs.500 and 1000 notes.Hope,I'll get the car by tomorrow i.e Saturday or Monday.

Odo reading when I saw last was 81514 Kms.

Thread Starter #29
Re: Done with repair

Update:Still didn't get the car due to lack of auspicious day and closure of banks due to the recent ban of Rs.500 and 1000 notes.Hope,I'll get the car by tomorrow i.e Saturday or Monday.

Odo reading when I saw last was 81514 Kms.
Still didn't get the car due to cash crunch[frustration],thanks to our Modi Ji for making us cashless[frustration].But,got the car ownership transferred to dad's name few days ago.Everytime uncle calls me,the person who took the car,says the car will come today or tomorrow.But,still days are going ahead and there is no signs of getting our car from repair.Hence,told my dad to pay that extra Rs.98,273 and get the car ASAP.

I usually hate waiting for something or someone and I hate people who keeps delaying.

Top Bottom