Fiat's Small Car for India in 2012

napster

Suspended
Both topolino and the IDEA look like a cross breed of chevy's spark and suzuki's wagon-r.
and why are the manufacturers behind a 600cc engine?
There was a news that even bajaj, chevy and some other car manufacturers were coming out into the market with a 600cc car.

Thread Starter #18
Fiat to come up with a twin cylinder 900cc engine!

fiat_900cc_engine.jpg There are hardly few days remaining for the year calendar to flip to 2010 and during this peak time, Fiat has revealed its plans to introduce a new 900cc twin cylinder engine which will be the smallest from its stable. The engine will feature Fiat’s MultiAir technology along with CNG compatibility. A turbocharged variant of the same engine will also be made available.

There were rumors that Fiat is developing a small car to compete with the Tata Nano, the Maruti 800 & Maruti Alto. This 900cc engine seems perfect to give the rumors a rest. According to sources however, the Fiat 500 hatchback and Fiat Panda will be amongst the first to experience the engine.

Fiat has also mentioned that the new 900cc engine would have the capacity to perform as good as a four cylinder engine and at the same time, can boast of a very low CO2 emission. The new engine will also provide better fuel efficiency. According to Fiat, the small engine will be able to produce a peak power of about 65 horsepower and the turbocharged variant will be able to produce about 80-105bhp.

Motoroids

900cc powerhouse. So they are really serious about their entry into the small car segment.

900cc powerhouse. So they are really serious about their entry into the small car segment.

yes akash, they surely are like all other automobile car manufacturer here in india knows the potential of 1000CC and below hatchback market and its volumes.But i doubt if Fiat really launch Topolino here.

I too dont think fiat would launch topolino in india looking at the slot mentioned by RSM.

Thread Starter #23
Fiat plans to launch a small car in India in 2012, designed specifically for the local market, a senior company official said on Wednesday.

Rajeev Kapoor, president and chief executive of Fiat India Automobiles, told reporters -
This small car is a very important step for the Indian market. Fiat has the technology to make small cars and we want to bring it to India.

350Z

Core Team
This looks like a Mini MPV and has a lot of plastic cladding on body.
More clear pictures can provide a better idea. Nevertheless, Fiat India is on a roll.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
As for the Topolino, well, I'm not sure. FIAT is aware that Suzuki has flooded the Indian market with stupid tallboys. Every second tallboy you spot on the road will be a Suzuki.

From what I have heard, FIAT is keen on re-incarnating the Uno. Well, if it comes with a 1.6, I'm in line!

Stupid or not, they sell.
But for Indian roads at least, the first tallboy was the Santro. And I am amazed to see that it is still doing a good 7000+ number even today.
I know of many people who swear by the Santro, and swear at the Wagon R. (And many in the reverse category too!!)
But I think the tallboy is a comfort concept that is here to stay.

but most interestingly that car in pic by Fiat does not looks like another tall boy, it has SUVish touch like Fusion which could be its USP (esp. for young buyers).

Top Bottom