Exclusive: New BS-4 Maruti Suzuki Alto, Now with K-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above all, the A-Star lacks the character and charisma that the Alto K has. The A-Star appeals more to the mind than to the heart.

It is very peppy and is more potent than many cars. It can beat many cars in 0-100kmph sprint. (It does that in 13.33 seconds.) [clap] viz;Ritz petrol, A-star,Swift and Ritz diesel, Getz 1.3 petrol, Santro1.1, Chevy Beat1.2, i20 1.2 petrol, Palio 1.3 diesel, i10 1.1 petrol, Estilo, Chevy Spark, Figo Diesel and petrol, Tata vista 1.3 diesel and 1.2 petrol, Punto 1.4, 1.2 petrol, 1.3 Diesel, VW Polo, the .8 litre alto and the nano. Well these all are hatches. It can also smoke the hell out of some premium sedans. I mean you get a hell of a pocket rocket in the new K 10 and that itself makes a large grin on my face. [evil]
I love this car and would love to keep one in my porch. The price is also fair enough for me with the features in store.
I already shelled out 350,000 on my current Alto and that car is just too slow for me.

Last edited:
A true pocket rocket. I am so in love with it that I find it as attractive as a Polo!! :stupid:
BTW, hasn't anyone observed? The head lamps are somewhat similar to the Ikon's.
ford_new_ikon_diesel.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the test car today at a showroom. Front looks great but rear styling i didn't like it with those circular lamps.

And Arkin yes the headlamps are indeed resembling the Ikon a lot. Can any existing Alto owners tell what are the additional features in this new model apart from the peppy engine?

Autocar India tested it and found the claim false.
It does 0-100 in 15 secs.
Many tests and many testers may give different timings.This may be due to many reasons like wind,car not run in properly,driver's lag,etc. Whatsoever be the exact figures the company or the media quote( 15.46 seconds being Autocar's test time and 13.33 Maruti's time. ) It will not be the same all the time and I feel the test car was probably not run in in this case.[thinking]

Last edited:
I found the induction pipe very innovative. The pipe is now straight faced towards on coming air and is not bent and twisted like the earlier Alto or the current STD/LX versions. Also the tube length is shorter with bigger mouth. Can that be a reason to K10B's peppy nature ? Also the induction pipe is placed higher now.

155/65 R13 has been quite a popular upgrade of older Altos, with Kseries I think they should have provided 160 or 165 section tyres. Although ride quality at low speeds might get hampered, the new suspension should aid against that.

A true pocket rocket. I am so in love with it that I find it as attractive as a Polo!! :stupid:
BTW, hasn't anyone observed? The head lamps are somewhat similar to the Ikon's.
View attachment 8710
I feel it resembles the Subaru Impreza

So the waiting is getting over, one more day.
This would be one of most important launches for Maruti and Indians, who are so much obsessed with Maruti brand.

800 or current Alto will continue for sometime, till Nano takes over these two. Believe or not, Nano will take over these 800cc segments car in very near future. Maruti knows and they have to give more to keep this best selling market share.
Nano wont takeover anything in its current avatar. Its going to remain in its segment alone without any competition as well. Most owners I met are not as happy as they were before getting the car.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #162

350Z

Core Team
anybody has got any interior pics or any info regarding what is changed in the interior?
Features list (Exteriors & Interiors) is already posted on the previous page of this thread. Here are some pictures, courtesy of Autocar India.

Maruti-Alto-K10-a.jpg

Maruti-Alto-K10-b.jpg

Maruti-Alto-K10-d.jpg

Maruti-Alto-K10-e.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

@sriharsha :

The front seats now have integrated headrest (like i10/BS4 alto)
The instrument cluster is new with new speedo, tacho and digital LCD screen
The gear shifter knob is new
The steering is 3 spoke now
The front seats have a boxy cutting at the back to increase knee room
Fabric inserts on door trims are back like the old Vxi
The door opener latches are painted black.
Integrated head rest for pack seat
New parcel tray.

now this is what i call plain stupidity. the same old idiotic dashboard again??
well. a new gear knob and steering wheel. good move.
new dial designs(honda city!!). great.
but still. why that ugly looking old dash??

Thanks SB-Alto for pointing out the differences. This Alto like all Maruti's is VFM!

The picture of the Alto cornering is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom