Customs Duty - Information and Queries

Amazon.com: International Shipping

@allhyundaicars,
The above link says so. It means, if you purchase from amazon global saver,they calculate the import duties for you and collect in initial stage. If customs do not charge duties for your product, amazon will credit the amount back once they get the update.

So, if you do not purchase product with amazon global saver, they may not collect the duties initially which you have to pay once it arrives (few were lucky to get passed thru customs without paying much). Some were unlucky and they had to pay 20-100% duties at times :)

Hope you got a better idea . Or did i confuse you further? [glasses]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Amazon.com: International Shipping

@allhyundaicars,
The above link says so. It means, if you purchase from amazon global saver,they calculate the import duties for you and collect in initial stage. If customs do not charge duties for your product, amazon will credit the amount back once they get the update.

So, if you do not purchase product with amazon global saver, they may not collect the duties initially which you have to pay once it arrives (few were lucky to get passed thru customs without paying much). Some were unlucky and they had to pay 20-100% duties at times :)

Hope you got a better idea . Or did i confuse you further? [gla]
thanks for the link. i was happy to read the link and i selected a different seller and it said
Screenshot - 25-08-2013 , 14_08_03.jpg

it says "super saving shipping" and it is available only for us citizens so that's why it's saying can't ship to india.

how to us global saver shipping [confused] when it specifically says items to india can be ordered without duties [sad]

Amazon.com Help: Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

edit : ok so items sold by amazon.com are qualified for global super saver [anger] and they are selling watches at 110$ and actual cost is 800$. this is insane. pathetic brands.

Screenshot - 25-08-2013 , 14_30_36.jpg

also 2530 is 28.5% of 8850 [:D] so import duty is 28.5% only.

Last edited:

Top Bottom