Converting Power Windows To Manual

Thread Starter #1
I own a second hand Chevrolet beat 2015 which I got at ₹2.50 lakh. Our car has power window system. I am fed up with frequent power window malfunction. It keeps on stop working again and again. In the span of 7 months, power window stopped working for the 3rd time. I have to take my car to the service center again.

I want to convert my power windows to manual window system. Manual window system is a less headache for me. I am not sure if manual window system is perfect or not. Do manual window also stop working like power windows? If manual window also stop working, how expensive is it's repair?

It seems like we should have never purchased a car.

I want to convert my power windows to manual window system. Manual window system is a less headache for me. I am not sure if manual window system is perfect or not. Do manual window also stop working like power windows? If manual window also stop working, how expensive is it's repair?
You need to visit a competent electrician (automotive) who knows his work and can troubleshoot well rather than do R&D on the customer's car before you invest in this conversion.

Converting from power windows to manual would cost you a bit for making changes to the rolling mechanism, adding handles, change the door pads to accommodate the handles. Change the winder from electric to manual.

Hi,
assuming your car had the factory option of electric windows, you should be able to get a complete door with a manual window winder in the correct colour from a car breaker. Faster, cheaper and easier.
If the model is not made with electric windows just find a "real" mechanic/electrician to sort out your defective winder.
Regards Neil

Thread Starter #4
You need to visit a competent electrician (automotive) who knows his work and can troubleshoot well rather than do R&D on the customer's car before you invest in this conversion.

Converting from power windows to manual would cost you a bit for making changes to the rolling mechanism, adding handles, change the door pads to accommodate the handles. Change the winder from electric to manual.
Will my car catch fire if I change it to manual?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Manual winder is a direct swap from the base model. Remove the power window regulator unit and replace with manual regulator, costs around 600 per side. Punch a hole in the pad, add the lever. Done.

As suggested above, consider getting the current setup rectified by a proper electrician before trying it out. Manual is cheap, powered is convenient.

Top Bottom