Chevrolet Beat Olympic White.

My Beat

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I'm a litlle busy these days and so is Siddhant.
The car arrived at our place yesterday as the finance took a bit of time and also Dad wanted to take the delivery during Navratra.

Freebies we got from the dealer - Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Chevy Wall Clock, Chevy Table Calender, Teddy Bear, Key Chain and Tissue Paper Box [:)]

Got a basic ICE fitted. Pioneer WMA/MP3 player with AUX-In and 2 front speakers.

I will be posting my initial review shortly. Till then here are a few more pics.[:D]

Enjoy!!

350Z

Core Team
Looks beautiful, just take care to clean it regularly so that the white color always remains sparkling like now it is. :smile: Any future plans for alloys, tints and other accessories?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Tints are a yes. The tyres would also be changed shortly. Initially Beat use to come with Apollo Acceleres but now its coming with the JK Vectras.
One thing I'd like to mention is that even with those skinny tyres, I found the ride quality to be excellent. [:)]
No other upgrades planned as of now.

Congrats Sohit/Siddhant.

Beat from back looks little sparky, but front it looks excellent.

Whats the OE tyre size?
If you are planning for upgrade, its best to do right now. If you are ok with it, then enjoy your ride.

Hey congrats Sohit and Siddhant!! The car is looking cool in white!! Are you sure the kumkum stains will go off after wiping!![;)]

Hey in Beat the mudflaps are fitted in that position only huh?? I find it to be slightly slanting out of position!!

ICE why not for a Dvd / USB HU?? , its more of a norm nowadays!!

And tyres as RSM mentioned if you are going to change them then change them soon in their new condition as you will get good deals if the tyres are still new!!

Thread Starter #21
Looks beautiful, just take care to clean it regularly so that the white color always remains sparkling like now it is. Any future plans for alloys, tints and other accessories?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z, I know the car looks stunning,more so in flesh!I wasn't sure if white would look as stylish as say the green but boy this is a head turner!Don't worry it will remain as sparkling as it is!I would clean it myself,not the driver[:)].No alloys as of now,the wheels look good with these sort of covers that actually look like alloys.Tints would be fitted.Remote locking at 1st service.And two more speakers at the rear.
Congrats Sohit/Siddhant.

Beat from back looks little sparky, but front it looks excellent.

Whats the OE tyre size?
If you are planning for upgrade, its best to do right now. If you are ok with it, then enjoy your ride.
Thanks RSM, Yes the ride quality is excellent!I am mighty impressed with it!Tyre upgrade might happen,JK Vectras are ok ok tyres.Would switch to Michelin.Tyre size is 155/70 R14.
Hey congrats Sohit and Siddhant!! The car is looking cool in white!! Are you sure the kumkum stains will go off after wiping!!

Hey in Beat the mudflaps are fitted in that position only huh?? I find it to be slightly slanting out of position!!

ICE why not for a Dvd / USB HU?? , its more of a norm nowadays!!

And tyres as RSM mentioned if you are going to change them then change them soon in their new condition as you will get good deals if the tyres are still new!!
Thanks cooldhaya, I know the car looks good!And yes that would go!!
Mudflaps are perfectly fitted-got them for free BTW!
Happy with the HU.DVD was not required and neither was USB.Aux was a must to plug in the i-pod and cellphone so that is useful[:)]
No need for good deals on tyres!We have Michelin & Bridgestone franchises for Uttrakhand!So not a problem!

Ownership report coming soon with all the pros and cons.

Last edited:
Hey Sid,

Congrats on your new car!! Beat is a good car for inside city. I liked the looks but was not impressed with its pickup and back seat leg space/boot space.

Is the car going to run in Dehradun? Thought it was a hilly region. How does it fare in such conditions? If it is really a hill station, you probably won't need to switch on AC at all. [:)]

The music system actually comes with USB option, or was it only on the higher end variant (?). I remember seeing it on the music system whem I had been to the showroom sometime back.

The internals look fabulous with the dashing dash. When running, the car gives that american car feel like the engine sound when you accelarate, etc.

Hoping to see some more pics of the car. Please do take some snaps but when you are free.

Thread Starter #25
Hey Sid,

Congrats on your new car!! Beat is a good car for inside city. I liked the looks but was not impressed with its pickup and back seat leg space/boot space.

Is the car going to run in Dehradun? Thought it was a hilly region. How does it fare in such conditions? If it is really a hill station, you probably won't need to switch on AC at all. [:)]

The music system actually comes with USB option, or was it only on the higher end variant (?). I remember seeing it on the music system whem I had been to the showroom sometime back.

The internals look fabulous with the dashing dash. When running, the car gives that american car feel like the engine sound when you accelarate, etc.

Hoping to see some more pics of the car. Please do take some snaps but when you are free.
Thanks JammyD.
Doon is not exactly a hilly region.Its a valley.The car is put through some serious city traffic.The pickup is sluggish in the second gear.A little annoying.
Boot space wasn't our priority since the car won't go out of the city.

Music system is available only on the LT variant.This one is a Pioneer unit that I installed.

Sure, will put up some pics & a 3000 km update very soon!

AMG

Suspended
I personally feel the steering could have been better designed. To me, it looks dull. Had Chevy put a golden bow-tie logo on the steering wheel, that would have done the job.

And please post some teddy bear pics:stupid:

I personally feel the steering could have been better designed. To me, it looks dull. Had Chevy put a golden bow-tie logo on the steering wheel, that would have done the job.

And please post some teddy bear pics:stupid:
I agree with you. I love everything of the Beat except for its steering wheel. I think the LT model must be having the chevrolet logo on steering wheel.

Thread Starter #28
The steering wheel design in itself is perfect.It is just the right radius.Feels extremely nice to hold.
Yes I agree on the fact that it is too 'balck' because the bow tie on it is black in colour & not golden.The LT(o) has a golden colored bowtie on the steering wheel!
And yes I will upload the pic of the teddy too!It stays in my room & not in the car:stupid:

Top Bottom