Chennai to Coimbatore in My Figo 1.4

Thread Starter #1
For this Tamil New Year I have planned for a trip from Chennai to Coimbatore and from there to Palani hills and back to Chennai. Will share my experience here post the trip. Here is the route planned for now.
Chennai - Vellore - Dharmapuri - Salem - Coimbatore.

Thread Starter #6
thanks for the wishes folks.. I came back after 10 days on this trip and yes Figo was absolutely wonderful on this entire trip. An average mileage of 650 kms for a tankfull and a total distance of 1642 kms in this 10 days. Will post a detailed thread sometime this weekend.

I came back after 10 days on this trip and yes Figo was absolutely wonderful on this entire trip.
Will post a detailed thread sometime this weekend.
Awaiting snaps dude.
I used to take the same route intially, but now skipped it and travelling via Trichy [Chennai - Chengalpattu - Vilupuram - Perambalur - Trichy - Karur - Coimbatore] so that I can start in the evening, hight halt in trichy (uncle's home) and next day start early in the morning and reach CBE. Total time taken will be 6.5~7 hours (500km approx)

An average mileage of 650 kms for a tankfull
[sad] you are adding fuel to the fire mate (hope you could understand my feeling from Honda City top up)

Karthik,

I had a nice experience with my figo 1.4 titanium. From chennai to thuvarankuruchi. I made a record. pulled the vehcile at top speed. Good engine. experienced the use of abs. thanks to abs...Great go.Safe go.

Thread Starter #10
Stanford..
Good engine. experienced the use of abs. thanks to abs...Great go.Safe go.
agreed - after salem the bypass to coimbatore was too open and hence I was tempted to push figo to its limits - and was saved by ABS at one occasion where I noticed a guy in a two wheeler suddenly come into the middle of the road by driving across the median to cross the road.. for a second I thought that guy is dead today - but the moment I pressed the brakes I then realized the car can pullover to another side as the steering was still free for me so I had the chance to pull to the left lane and missed him by few feet.

The shock for me was this guy who came into the right lane by crossing the median.. did not drive to the left lane and instead he just stopped right there in the middle of right lane. I stopped and shouted at this guy and he just said.. sorry sir I didn't notice you coming - I said please do not do this infront of a car try it infront of a truck you will be more lucky..

But yes this guy was really saved by the ABS. Another lesson is my wife initially did not want to go for the high end model of Figo and said why waste money on something that won't be of any use but now she realized the importance. So another reason for me to buy a fully loaded model of a car next time :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Awaiting snaps dude.
I used to take the same route intially, but now skipped it and travelling via Trichy [Chennai - Chengalpattu - Vilupuram - Perambalur - Trichy - Karur - Coimbatore] so that I can start in the evening, hight halt in trichy (uncle's home) and next day start early in the morning and reach CBE. Total time taken will be 6.5~7 hours (500km approx)
Snaps - my kodak z612 a trusted companion for almost 8 years finally died on me and bad news I lost about 300 pictures which I stored in the SD card also - somehow the card is corrupted and I can't seem to read anything from this card. I have to take this card to a service center to see if I can retrieve some pics.

Thread Starter #12
[cry] I can understand your feelings Boss. I used to drive a Getz before and used to envy my friend who was driving a skoda Tdi and I remember this guy driving from Vizag to Bangalore and from there to Bhadrawathi on a tank full. [frustration] he said I simply [drive] .. and I said yeah I simply have to re-fuel

Top Bottom