Car Tyre Brands and Reviews

Which brand you think make the best car tyres in India?

• Total voters
Best Tyre Brand

Hello Guys,

Could not find any other thread regarding this, if I missed that feel free to delete this thread.

Choosing the correct tyre brand is pretty confusing for all of us so I have opened this thread to help us.

Here is the procedure to post:

Vehicle:
Tyre Brand:
Tyre Model(If known):
Tyre Size:
Kms done till now:
Current condition:
Bought in which condition:
Per tyre price when bought:
Overall satisfaction and other remarks:

Last edited:
Re: Best Tyre Brand

Hello Guys,

Could not find any other thread regarding this, if I missed that feel free to delete this thread.

Choosing the correct tyre brand is pretty confusing for all of us so I have opened this thread to help us.

Here is the procedure to post:

Vehicle:
Tyre Brand:
Tyre Model(If known):
Tyre Size:
Kms done till now:
Current condition:
Bought in which condition:
Per tyre price when bought:
Vehicle: Esteem VXI
Tyre Brand: Bridgestone
Tyre Model(If known): Will post after checking
Tyre Size: 155/80
Kms done till now: 30000
Current condition: Will work for another 6-7k km for in city and about 3-5k for highway driving.
Bought in which condition: Second Hand
Per tyre price when bought: 1400 per tyre for 5 tyres
Overall Satisfaction and other remarks: 8/10 Good for comfort riding, not so good for braking.

Re: Car Tyre Brands and Reviews.

I would keep away from chinese brands as our life depends on the tyres which we run the car on.
WHat is the opinion about Hanook Ventus S1 evo brand ?

I recently bought 4 tires from one (used for 12k), front two tires looks good but rear tires got wears on the edges (i will post some snaps here). Size is 205/55 R 16 for the polo. I dont find any big problem, but makes huge noise on bad roads, even on highways I can clearly hear the tire noise even when windows rolled up. I am curious to know is this profile or model is causing sound ? or because of the wear on rear tires ? or because of alignment issues? I worry more if it is the 3rd one :(

To answer the OP, There is not a single brand which makes best tyres in India For eg. If one brand makes tyre in a size of say 185/60R15, you may not have same size from other competitive brand so as to compare.

Tyres MRF APollo CEAT JK

I search on the web and find tons of reviews for Yokohamas, Michelins, bridgestones and Continentals.

But recently I have also been reading reviews excellent reviews on Indian brands such as Apollo accelere, Apollo Alnac and MRF Zlo. Jk has also come out with vectra ux1.

But sadly, details on these tyres remain sketchy at best. Also most forum members try to tread the safe path and recommend the known devils.

I am out searching for a tyre and have found that zlo's, acceleres, alnac and other tyres are easily available in the market against what is mentioned in the forums (vaporware).

Hence starting this thread to discuss how Indian tyres compare to each other mostly and then with international players.

Tyres mostly in question are

Apollo Alnac 4g
Apollo Accelere
JK Vectra UX1
Mrf ZLo

Using Yokohama ES100 for about 35000 kms. Good looks and grip but heavy tyre noise. Wound not recommend to any one.
Next set will be Michelin primacy LC.

I am using Apollo Acelere in my Alto from 2-3 months. Very happy with my choice. Braking, handling, comfort all very good, also very less road noise [:D]

Appolo accelere tires have only one issue. It may not last more than 30K Kms.

My Esteem's all stock MRF tires had replaced with acceleres in 2011 and now it is reaching 29 K km on Accelere and rear 2 tires are almost bald now and only got 1 puncture last weekend on rear tire. My stepeny tire is like brand new and confused either go for one new acclere or buy any 2 no any other brand(MRF/JK/Good year?) which could last little longer. accelere' s tread get reduced faster, so like to try another brand. Please suggest.

tire size- 155/80-13
max Km run in 1 year- 10K Km

Appolo accelere tires have only one issue. It may not last more than 30K Kms.

My Esteem's all stock MRF tires had replaced with acceleres in 2011 and now it is reaching 29 K km on Accelere and rear 2 tires are almost bald now and only got 1 puncture last weekend on rear tire. My stepeny tire is like brand new and confused either go for one new acclere or buy any 2 no any other brand(MRF/JK/Good year?) which could last little longer. accelere' s tread get reduced faster, so like to try another brand. Please suggest.

tire size- 155/80-13
max Km run in 1 year- 10K Km
Rear tyres are bald and stepeny tyre like brand new [surprise] i am sure you didn't do the tyre rotations which is very much necessary to avoid unequal and uneven tyre wears. Tyre rotation after every 5000kms is recommended for longer life of tyres. [:)]

I had done tire rotation once(Around 5K KM) on these tires using stepney and when the time reached for 2nd tire rotation one rear tire inner edges gone due to the rear alignment out. So after alignment and balancing, as per the direction from tire technician done rotation only between tires from left to tight only. Ie front right to front left and front left tire to front right.like the same in rear too.
Now both rear tire may go upto another 1k km or more and both front tires will go upto 5k km. stepney only run around 5K km and almost look like new.

Alignment and balancing should be done on regular basis if want your tyres to last long. And one more thing i think 30000 kms life for Apollo Acelere is ok considering its price. Almost all soft rubber branded tyres has less life as compared to hard rubbers. You have to choose between comfort and long life.

Vehicle: Maruti Ritz VXi
Tyre Brand: Michelin
Tyre Model(If known): Energy XM2
Tyre Size: 185/70 R14
Kms done till now: 5000+
Current condition: Pretty much new
Bought in which condition: Fresh tyres
Per tyre price when bought: 5000/-
Overall satisfaction and other remarks: 9/10, No problems so far. Braking and handling has improved. Tyre has gone through all kinds of terrain and going strong.

Top Bottom