Button is 2009 Formula 1 Champion!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Jenson Button became the F1 World Drivers’ Champion on Sunday.

Button made the race of his life by overtaking from fourteenth to a fifth-place finish in the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

After winning the six of the first seven races, Jenson Button, lead driver for the Brawn GP team, had a string of bad finishes; while his teammate, Rubens Barrichello, scored well in every race. Fans and experts alike began to ask if Button’s early wins were due merely the Brawn’s technological edge; many pointed to his uneven performances throughout his ten-year career.

As he crossed the finish line, the British speed king broke into an impromptu chorus of “We Are the Champions,” pumping his arms in the air. As soon as he parked his car, he ran to his crew to thank them.

After qualifying terribly in Interlagos, Button’s hopes for clinching the championship in Brazil seemed slight, particularly since Barrichello put his Brawn on the pole. But Jenson Button was not waiting for luck or fate to assist him! Button jumped ahead from the start, battling past everyone in his way, earning the title through effort and skill.

The 29-year-old Button is the 10th British driver to claim motor racing's greatest prize, inheriting the crown from Lewis Hamilton.

Source

Drive Safe!
350Z

yes i know about this
i saw the race too
the race itself was filled with drama
but yes jenson earned his title and Congrats Jenson!

hmm.. Yes, But i never want jenson to win races :)

Will be happy if Barichello or Vettel would have won the title!

To be honest purely on racing level, Jenson was brilliant in the 1st half of the season, where he nailed it, but then Sebastian showed his talent & racing spirit, hence either would have been deserved Champion, hope next year both are equally brilliant with Lewis doing his bit too to make the spectacle even better!!!

Top Bottom