Budget Rs.8.2 Lakhs - Buying Honda City This Month

Thread Starter #16
If not the honda city whic is the second best option guys??
plz check this thread....18th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Thats what a honda city owner feels!!http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5734-my-honda-city-saga.html
Is the rattling solved in the new honda city 2012 can some body take a test drive and tell me my dad experienced the rattling in city and he may not buy if its not solved in 2012 model .

and btw guyz my dads company is going to give 8.2 lakh so i intend to spend the 8.2 lakh and put about 50k on accesories............i am not intersted in hatch backs as it would not improve my dads status symbol :stupid:

Re: 8.2 lac budget should i go for top end or base of better car?

My order of choice would be : Optra Magnum -> City -> Vento -> linea.

Regarding choosing b/w top-end or base ot better, I guess you prepare a comparo sheet of specs and features of your fav. list and then decide what you are getting at what price point. If you feel you are tilting towards a single option then go for it even if you are to shell few bills from your own pocket.

Try using Compare Cars | New Car Comparisons in India - CarWale

freakdude.

Thread Starter #18
Sam Dinkar i am not worried about petrol as my dads company pays for the petrol as well[clap]

freakdude thanx for your opinion and carwale has been an old companion happy to know i am not the only one using it :lol!:

Re: 8.2 lac budget should i go for top end or base of better car?

If not the honda city whic is the second best option guys??
plz check this thread....18th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Thats what a honda city owner feels!!http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5734-my-honda-city-saga.html
Is the rattling solved in the new honda city 2012 can some body take a test drive and tell me my dad experienced the rattling in city and he may not buy if its not solved in 2012 model .

Well if no honda, then go for the vento. Volkswagen too holds a nice snob value.

Re: Budget Rs.8.2 Lakhs - Should I Go for Top-End or Base Variant of a Car?

Linea active 8.00lac onroad
City corporate 8.13lac onroad
Sx4 vxi 8.20 lac onroad
Sunny xl 8.06 lac on road
Skoda rapid ambition 8.20 lac on road
Manza safire elan 7.92 lac onroad
Out of above list city is best.

Also please check new Fiesta (has 75k discount)

Also in 8.2 you can get a fully loaded Punto 90 HP [;)]

btw why do what to considers only pertol guzzelers?

Thread Starter #21

Out of above list city is best.

Also please check new Fiesta (has 75k discount)

Also in 8.2 you can get a fully loaded Punto 90 HP [;)]

btw why do what to considers only pertol guzzelers?
As i mentioned in the above post my dads company is going to pay for the fuel so fuel economy is not a big ques here.[thumbsup]

WHhy will i even buy a punto with a 8.2 lac budget??
And if i ever buy a hatch back it would be HONDA JAZZ!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol!:
Cool down buddy....Everyone here is trying to suggest you something which will fit your need perfectly. [thumbsup]

Coming to your basic requirement 'Status Symbol' !! All of the cars considered here (City, Vento, Rapid, Linea) are great looking cars with that class in your budget. You can go eyes closed for City which has the best of looks and everyone on the road seems to be drooling over it.

However, I find Linea a great great looking sedan !! Vento and Rapid again have clinched their place in beauties in that budget. Vento is pure bliss, however members are not so much inclined towards Rapid because of its scary after sales service cases.

In that list, City is the jack of all trades !! Looks, comfort, A.S.S. , niggle free run and the standard safety features as found in the higher variants of other cars.

I would have placed Vento adjacent to City above, but the dealer network is not so good, along with the lack of safety features.

Boss, its all about what and how your heart feels after looking at the car and sitting in it. Since your dad's employer will be paying for the fuel n some amount for maintenance(I suppose), you need not worry about the rest of the things. As I had already suggested you, start taking a test drive. I am sure you will be able to shortlist the one quite easily. [clap]

Thread Starter #28

:lol!:
Cool down buddy....Everyone here is trying to suggest you something which will fit your need perfectly.

Coming to your basic requirement 'Status Symbol' !! All of the cars considered here (City, Vento, Rapid, Linea) are great looking cars with that class in your budget. You can go eyes closed for City which has the best of looks and everyone on the road seems to be drooling over it.

However, I find Linea a great great looking sedan !! Vento and Rapid again have clinched their place in beauties in that budget. Vento is pure bliss, however members are not so much inclined towards Rapid because of its scary after sales service cases.

In that list, City is the jack of all trades !! Looks, comfort, A.S.S. , niggle free run and the standard safety features as found in the higher variants of other cars.

I would have placed Vento adjacent to City above, but the dealer network is not so good, along with the lack of safety features.

Boss, its all about what and how your heart feels after looking at the car and sitting in it. Since your dad's employer will be paying for the fuel n some amount for maintenance(I suppose), you need not worry about the rest of the things. As I had already suggested you, start taking a test drive. I am sure you will be able to shortlist the one quite easily. [clap]
thank god atleast you understood me.
i cant go for test drives as yet.
need to apply for a driving licesce [frustration]
So now its either vento or city
Guess i will have to wait till some body buys city corprate on TAI
Yes,and i lost my cool as ppl were suggesting me punto and personally i hate it.

thank god atleast you understood me.
i cant go for test drives as yet.
need to apply for a driving licesce [frustration]
So now its either vento or city.
You can go to the showroom and just let the salesperson point out the the differences in the Corporate edition as compared to the one above it. Let your dad test drive it or the driver if you have one. You can rest assured of the engine and ride quality, just check on the features.

Guess i will have to wait till some body buys city corprate on TAI
Those changes would only be cosmetic, my guess - interiors would be plain black, no ICE and no silver finishes etc etc. You would not have to wait for someone to tell you, cuz it is going to be the same.

Yes,and i lost my cool as ppl were suggesting me punto and personally i hate it.
Punto is a totally different thing and I understand that choice differs with people and I know in your case it has to be a sedan.
But if at all, it is because of Fiat then I would quote here a signature of one of our members(being a FIAT fan/owner I loved it):
'The only people who have a problem with FIAT are the ones who have never owned one !!'

Top Bottom