Brand New Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in White. My Experience.

Thread Starter #46
I checked with the Service Adviser when I serviced my Verna and he said there is absolutely no problem in folding the mirrors manually.
Then we must make sure we fold both the mirrors manually otherwise complications arise in automatic mirror folding mechanism !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47
Took her for a little bit of off-roading yesterday on our farm . Handles OK , offcourse at low speeds though . On the same road my friends Honda city struggled :)

I must say something , this is our first White vehicle and allthough it looks good , she requires a lot of cleaning and wiping . I have to wipe off dust everytime before ridding , its not the same for my sky blue color Swift . Even the interiors are dust magnet , on the shiny central dash dust accumulates and is seen easily , needs wiping frequently .

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49
Guys , AC in Verna is not at all powerfull , can feel Mumbai heat . At highest fan speed the noise is unbearable !

Re: Brand new Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in white . My experience .

Some more pics coming soon .

I myself own a Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX and just want to know whether painting black on the roof top would look nice or not.
actually, is it paint or sticker ??[confused]
Thanks

Thread Starter #51
Re: Brand new Hyundai Verna Fluidic CRDi SX in white . My experience .

I myself own a Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX and just want to know whether painting black on the roof top would look nice or not.
actually, is it paint or sticker ??[confused]
Thanks
I think likes depend from person to person . For me , i like the lush white color right now . My cousin painted a red micra's top to black and it got mixed reactions from people .

Thread Starter #52
Completed a month and done 1500kms , time for the first servicing .Taking her tomorrow to the showroom . Now to mention some problems

As mentioned earlier steering is super light . I liked it that way but on some occasions at high speeds on bumpy roads one can easily feel disconnected from the steering . Twice it happened to me when i was above 120 and there was a sudden rough patch of road and at such times you tend to turn the steering a more which can be scary .

Whenever i turn the AC blower speed to high i get a slight burning sensation in the eye . At first i thaught it might be due to the new dash polish or the cheap AC perfume but after removing the perfume the sensation still remains .

For me Fuel economy has not improved . I drive mostly in the city . Around 20kms daily city drive and i am getting max 11-12.5kmpl . On some occasions when i took her on highways on a long drive the ODO did show milage above 17kmpl .

Sometimes on lower gears ( mostly the first gear ) if the speed is low the vehicle gives a slight jerk before accelerating . My dad says i dont press the cluth well enough but i swear this never happened to me while driving our Swift .

Luckily i have not faced the suspension issue or the thud sound , everything else is also still fine and i can gladly say that this the best vehicle we have owned so far .
I havent upgraded the ICE yet , surely next month in april i am planning to spend around 15-20k on ICE upgrade , will need your help and opinion then .

@rohan hey hi buddy , i also own a verna crdi sx and completed 4 months with her and done over 12000 kms the car is fun to drive , yes the steering is super light which might be problem in highways but we can leave with it because on Indian road any thing over 100km/h is quite risky ,i lover the power specially on 2nd 3rd gears the power is awesome and sufficient to overtake any car and i think you also experience same . the problems which i faced with cars is thud sound from front left side but problem solved at 2nd free service except this no major problem now coming to your points
1. Whenever i turn the AC blower speed to high i get a slight burning sensation in the eye . At first i thaught it might be due to the new dash polish or the cheap AC perfume but after removing the perfume the sensation still remains .(i never experince this in my car ).
2. For me Fuel economy has not improved . I drive mostly in the city . Around 20kms daily city drive and i am getting max 11-12.5kmpl . On some occasions when i took her on highways on a long drive the ODO did show milage above 17kmpl . mine average fuel eccomoy is 15.1 kmpl ,maximum i get is 19.2 and minimum i get is 12.2 (iam driving quite enthusiastically at the time )
3. Sometimes on lower gears ( mostly the first gear ) if the speed is low the vehicle gives a slight jerk before accelerating . My dad says i don't press the clutch well enough but i swear this never happened to me while driving our Swift .(this is same for me i initially experience this problem but now i devolve a style to just lower the intensity of jerk by just releasing the clutch and slightly press accelerator with it and i quickly shift from 1st to 2nd gear to avoid the jerk , this problem is same for all crdi owners you are not the only one suffering .
wish u lots of happy and safe miles ahead with her .

Thread Starter #54
Hey Shubham , thanks for your inputs . That FE which you have mentioned is displayed on the ODO or have you manually calculated ? I dont trust my ODO .

As far as the milage is concerned try a company owned pump. Like when I took out my car got the full tank down from a direct HP owned petrol pump, the one who is quite reputed in selling good quality fuel and I got an average of 15km/l. Then twice filled with various other pump and milage dropped to 13 km/l. Last time again went to first petrol pump and got a tankful again mid is showing 14.8km/l. I guess the car is very sensitive when it comes to the quality of the fuel.

P.S:- All the above figure is 100% city bumper to bumper traffic driving with AC on all the time but mostly with one or two occupants.

One more thing how you finding the handling or the car at high speed and back seat comfort of the car. Like you I also own a Swift and my mom keep complaining about the uncomfortable back seat and prefer my old Swift than Verna.

Thread Starter #57
One more thing how you finding the handling or the car at high speed and back seat comfort of the car. Like you I also own a Swift and my mom keep complaining about the uncomfortable back seat and prefer my old Swift than Verna.
Handling at high speeds needs a little practice because of the light steering , i have touched 140 so far on straight road without issues . I cant say anything regarding the back seat comfort since i have never been there ! I am either driving or on the front passenger seat . My mom likes the verna more because of more leg room and also getting in and out of the car is easy compared to swift which is cramped . Backseat in verna is suited for 2 since the middle hump on the seat can cause trouble on a long drive .
Also your verna is petrol or diesel ?

140 km/hr not bad never dared to take my car beyond 100 km/hr. Have you upgraded the tire if not what air pressure do u generally maintain ????

I own a 1.6 Sx Diesel Carbon Grey. Didn't have any suspension problem to be true but my mom keep complaining about rear seat comfort. Even my dad had a terrible back ache when he had to travel sitting in rear seat when car had to do some 50 km in awfully bumpy road.

Hey Shubham , thanks for your inputs . That FE which you have mentioned is displayed on the ODO or have you manually calculated ? I dont trust my ODO .
Buddy manually calculated , tankfull tanfull method 90%hilly area driveing .

Thread Starter #60
140 km/hr not bad never dared to take my car beyond 100 km/hr. Have you upgraded the tire if not what air pressure do u generally maintain ????
140Kmph was maintained for hardly 3 secs , i just touched 140 and then reduced around 100 . I havent upgraded the tire infact i have not even seen what air pressure they have , its the same since i got it last month from the showroom . I will check air pressure tomorrow .

Top Bottom