Brabus unwraps world's fastest SUV

Thread Starter #1

German tuner Brabus has come up with a superfast SUV which seems bound to draw ire from those keen to see climate change combated by reducing carbon dioxide emissions from vehicles.

The Brabus Bi-Turbo V12 version of Mercedes-Benz's chunky off-roader is a mean-looking monster with a staggering carbon dioxide output of 487 grammes per kilometre. Most modern small cars these days turn out between 100 and 120 g/km.

Customers for the Brabus are likely to be interested in different numbers, such as the spectacular performance figures. Top speed is given as 322.3 km/hr and despite its colossal weight, the twin-turbo bounds from zero to 100 km in a mere 4.2 seconds, putting it on par with the Porsche GT.

To achieve all this the Merc's V12 engine has been boosted from 5.5 to 6.3 litres to turn out a fearsome 740 brake horsepower.

Economictimes

Vehicles like this are I guess only for the numbers ... not a very practical option, is it?

but what about body roll & all? i accept that brabus must have stiffened the springs but you cant play with basic laws of physics! the C.G. of the SUV will be high!

This is jst a tuned vehicle, the g series from merc.
I would love one. awesome sleeper. given the looks, nobody can evem dream what its capable of. I'd like the look on the Porsche guys face when i blow past him in the quarter mile. The same guy who earlier scoffed at me at the lights for driving "Granpas car"!!![evil]
:lol!:

Well I am having 2 doubts [thinking],

1. How can a vehicle with such a far-non-aerodynamic design(as seen in the figure) can achieve zero to 100 km in just 4.2 seconds?? and

2. How can it handle a top speed of 322.3 km/hr with this design??

but what about body roll & all? i accept that brabus must have stiffened the springs but you cant play with basic laws of physics! the C.G. of the SUV will be high!

Well I am having 2 doubts [thinking],

1. How can a vehicle with such a far-non-aerodynamic design(as seen in the figure) can achieve zero to 100 km in just 4.2 seconds?? and

2. How can it handle a top speed of 322.3 km/hr with this design??

I have the same question. Cant say much about the aerodynamics, but taking into account the basic laws i wonder how they would have managed to reduce body roll.

I have the same question. Cant say much about the aerodynamics, but taking into account the basic laws i wonder how they would have managed to reduce body roll.
The figures quoted are just straight line figures. Throw it in a corner and the smile will dissapear from ur face. Even brabus cannot change laws of physics.
That collosall engine pulls off 740bhp. which makes these kind of figures, but after all, an suv is an suv. Dont expect it to be a porsche beater on the track.
No suv can beat a porsche, unless its another porsche!!

350Z

Core Team
Performance Figures of this tuned Merc-G are simply marvelous but looks are like of those old time Land Rovers. Mostly Brabus cars have stunning looks as well but this is an exception.
AutoHubIndia said:
As said by Enzo Ferrari - "Aerodynamics are for those who can not make good engines." :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
As said by Enzo Ferrari - "Aerodynamics are for those who can not make good engines." :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Loved this quote.
But puny humor aside, aerodynamics does play a huge role in a cars performance.

Maybe the engine is powerful enough to overcome the aerodynamic drag and still have power left to have a go at the track.

Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't BRABUS mod cars..err..Mercs??

Top Bottom