Booked Swift VDi; But Afterthoughts

Thread Starter #1
Hi ,
I have booked a swift vdi and my dealer assured me it would be deliverd before March. But now I came to know that new swift is around the corner so it would be a wise decision to buy a swift now ? [confused]

350Z

Core Team
Hello Aneesh, Swift sure is a good car and will offer you the peace of mind but yes, all new model is just around the corner (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-suzuki-now-unveils-new-generation-swift.html). If you have already done a thorough research of the car market and no car suits you better than swift, then stick with the decision. If it is not so, then maybe you would like to look around for other options again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Swift is one good car , in diesel , with its low spare price and always a modifiers friendly one.

Hope there is no major engine transplant - and my guess is it wont happen . maruti will continue with the same multi jet engine.

so even if new swift comes it will be just a cosmetic change.!

one guy in my knowledge did not buy swift diesel , the reason he said "swift diesel have fiat engine and fiat is very bad and problematic company"!!

Their is no big change in the core components
size (dimension) and cosmetic changes are done in the new variant
so you can bet on the old one or else negotiate with the dealer if possible they may cancel the old booking to book the new model Swift

example

I booked figo black [evil] then asked them to change the color to sea grey
then they registered my vehicle with Electronic city Bangalore [frustration]where i live in K R Puram Bangalore
again talk to them and made sure they canceled the registration and made registration at K R Puram

why am telling all this to you......Because it all depends on how you make the deal

i feel in your case both existing model Swift or new Swift both are gooooood

aneeshs, welcome to TAI.Regarding your swift booking, if you can wait few more time, then you can opt for new swift which is about to launch.To stick with new gen model is that it would continue to sell so in coming years, or wait till its launch and ask for some good deals for older models, which i know its not easy with maruti but still you can avail.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks 350Z ,Ilango and Jayadev for your timely reply

What worrying me now is if they stop the production of current swift two or three months from now , would the resale value drop significanty ?

one guy in my knowledge did not buy swift diesel , the reason he said "swift diesel have fiat engine and fiat is very bad and problematic company"!!
I want TAI to announce this as the joke of the year [lol]

No offence meant buddy but everyone in this field knows the reliability of fiat engines.

Last edited:
Hi Aneesh.

A couple of guys in Bangalore had Turbo problems in swift VDI.
So kindly ask a few owners.
About the car.
A couple of my friends had Turbo & Suspension problems.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks guys I am overwhelming with the replies [:D] .

To make things clear I didnt do much research before deciding on swift rather I spoke with some friends and I had a friend in Popular (Maruti dealer) they unanimously recommend swift, I took a testdrive and I like it.

What is now bothering me is if once they stop the production of current swift
would it adversely affect its resale value ?

@MSN1

The dealer told me I can switch to the new swift if that is available at the time of delivery .

Once again thanks guys

Hello Aneeshs welcome to TAI , first of all congratulations for your booking! Swift Vdi is one hell of a car to drive , after the turbo kicks it just goes zooooom!

Yes its a bit of a dilemma! I would personally wait and go for the new model as there are already tons of Swift's plying on the roads! Re-sale value may take a slight hit but not adverse!

If your dealer said you can switch to new Swift if that is available during delivery then that's great! Make sure you get that in writing from the dealer.

First of all; its your personal opinion. If you really liked the new Swift 2011, then I think you should wait for it. Otherwise you can go for the current Swift which is not bad either.
However I personally would say to wait for the Swift 2011, because you will updated with the new model and the car will also have a good resale value in future.

Top Bottom