Black Puppy Comes Home - Our New Black Maruti Alto K10

lxi.

Suspended
I didnt want illuminated sill guards as i wanted to keep it very subtle.

the alloys are 13 inch and the OD of the wheel is same as original but the it is wider by 10mm and thats the reason for it rubbing on the wheel arch.

I am still on the look out for proper fitting moulded mudflaps. I was told MGP has a bigger mudflap for alto i need to check it out.

slow and on a k10 no way
Eyedocsri, You can have a look at Jalex' Alto or Varun's M800, Both of them have big Sparco like mudflaps which are very big and enough for your K10.

Re: updating the ownership reviews at 5000 kms and 6 months.

2.returns about 13.5 kmpl in city and gave me a whopping 21 kmpl on the highway [:D] ( doing about 120 kmph on bangalore-hassan-mysore route)
13.5 with or without AC? I am getting at least 16 kmpl in the city. Is the mileage affected due to the alloys?

lxi.

Suspended
@Eyedoscri, Why so? My Alto (800cc) gives me 17-18kmpl in city and 20-21 kmpl in Highway driving.
Are you a rash driver? Eh?

@Serrao, Of course, These would be without AC. After all its an Alto, Dont expect it to perform so less!
No , I dont feel the mileage would after reduced after alloys. I think mileage improves after adding alloys!

@Serrao, Of course, These would be without AC. After all its an Alto, Dont expect it to perform so less!
No , I dont feel the mileage would after reduced after alloys. I think mileage improves after adding alloys!
Yes, mileage improves after adding alloys only if they are lighter than the stock ones. Here the wheels are 10mm wider too.

Thread Starter #96
The guy at RNS motors hooked up my car to a milage testing machine and told me the milage is 17.6 kmpl, but I never got that when I drive when checked on a tankful to tankful basis. Will update after this tankful since it is done with second service too.

Alloys are supposed to be lighter than steel rims and hence should offer better milage but since I have up sized the tyres too a drop of About 1-2kmpl may be expected due to increased rolling resistance.

lxi.

Suspended
I like your wheels after Jalex's Alto's wheels.

Here is a pic of mudflaps, I was talking about (These are on our member "JALEX"'s alto.)

These are bigger ones and will be of your help.

1_SAM_1413.jpg

Cheers.

Thread Starter #100
Re: Black Puppy Comes Home - Our New Black Maruti Alto K10-10,000kms/ 1 year update

my black puppy and i are back again with a 10,000 kms update.
It is nearly a year since we got our alto k10 and have logged 10399 fantastic kms on it.
here are few observations we made during this one year.

good:
1. No rattles squeaks whatsoever!
2. still gives me about 13 kmpl in the city and 20kmpl on the highway.
3. no breakdowns, flat tires nothing.
4. gone through 3 free service and paid just rs1600 for consumables for 3 rd service.. wow i love maruti for this [clap]
5. looks like a million dollars still

not so good:
1. when i drive my 2002 wagon-r and the k10 back to back i notice the k10 needs lot more downshifts in the city to stay in the powerband.
2.THE BLACK COLOUR IS A PAIN TO MAINTAIN needs a wash every third day and is dirty the moment you take it out of the car park [anger]
3. got a few bruises on the front and rear bumper and a visible dent on the front floor board by a stone seen in the first picture ( my better half driving now)
4. not enough time to drive coz ive got my month old harley davidson to take care of too ( reviews coming soon)

Attachments

Hey, the car looks like new and i cant believe it has run 10k kms.

when i drive my 2002 wagon-r and the k10 back to back i notice the k10 needs lot more downshifts in the city to stay in the powerband.
I did feel the pick-up slower and downshifts were common in 2nd generation Wagon-R and my Alto(800cc) back to back.

not enough time to drive coz ive got my month old harley davidson to take care of too ( reviews coming soon)
[surprise], a Harley owner on-board! Please post a review soon!

Sweet ride bro,you deserve an big applause for maintaining your car like this just loved those alloy's.

Can't wait for the H.D report

@Eyedocsri: Nicely maintained car. Finish of alloys goes well with black body colour. Very tasteful. Kudos.

Three days?? I thought a black car would require a wash everyday.

The K10B has a poor low end and no doubt you have to shift more in the city where one has to perforce drive at lower rpms. However, the K10B would just blow a 2002 Wagon R on the highway (not on Kerala Highways :biggrin:)

Did you say Harley Davidson [clap]??!! I am hoping it to be a Forty Eight. PleasePleasePleasePlease.

Last edited:

Top Bottom