Best Diesel Car Under Rs.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
hey guys well this is my first post here and i am really looking forward to a positive response. So i will just begin with all the requirements and hope that you guys will hook me up.

Budget- Rs. 5 lacs on road btw.
Location- New Delhi.
Priority- 80 kms approx everyday running. sometimes a trip say nearly 600 kms ( himachal).
Purpose- ummm going to college i guess and going out with friends etc.
seating capacity- Four max.
fuel type- DIESEL.
type of vehicle- dont like hatchbacks. its a turn off. but you cars like beat and stuff is good and of course sedans will do, but i really doubt there are any.

I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HOOK ME UP.

Re: Best car under 5 lacs.

You answered your own query. Sedan's within 5L and a diesel heart, no chance! Closes you can look for is Tata Manza or Indigo. Best bet in hatchbacks is Ford Figo, although more than the budget, but would fit everything nicely.

In this budget, you will either get a good hatchback or a budget sedan (with little stretching of your budget). My choice is a better hatch.

For this price, look at the beat & Ritz diesel.

5L for a diesel sedan is too little. You can either look for used sedans or the likes of Indigo CS or New Dzire, but then you might need to extend your budget by at least a lakh.

As others said diesel sedan inside this budget is going to be tough. If you plan to look at used cars , look out for Fiesta or Verna. You may also get entry level sedans like Dzire and Manza too.

If you are bent towards new car then you can look at Indica Vista , Beat or Ritz. Indica Vista is the more VFM out of the three.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Best Car Under Rs.5 Lakhs

Closest sedan which can be bought around this budget is Indigo eCS, Verito and Swift Dzire. Better stick with a hatch which would offer almost everything including more features except for a bigger boot space. Amongst hatchbacks, look out for Ford Figo and Maruti Ritz which should suffice for the requirements.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The best bet here is BEAT diesel LS model. It has nice pick-up, descent leg space, quite nimble in handling. My cousin sis just bought one and if I recall correctly it came close to 5 lac only on-road.

freakdude.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this price i would say try for the Beat or the Ritz. And the second option would be to look for a used one. And if you can stretch your budget a bit then check the indigo and the base model for Dzire.

You can get used Ford Figo diesel & Ritz Diesel for under 5 Lakhs with around 12000km on clock here in Bangalore as my friends have bought them,since your in Delhi you should get them at better prices!
Usually these cars will belong to people who would have lost there job or other financial reasons & cant pay the Emi so there wont be any problems with the car either.
Or you can look at an Suv with 40,000km on clock like the safari & scorpios ( since you dont prefer hatchbacks & would suit your needs & image at coll too [:)] )

Top Bottom