Best Car & Bike Insurance Company in India?

What do you think, which is the Best vehicle insurance company in India?

• Bajaj-Allianz

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Tata-AIG

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • IFFCO-Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • ICICI-Lombard

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Reliance

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • HDFC-Agro

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Govt. Insurance comp. - United insurance etc.

Votes: 26 55.3%

• Total voters
Re: Best Car and Bike Insurance Company in India?

My previous car had Royal Sundaram and I had gone for the claim only once when my cars front windshield got broken and the experience was really good.
My present car has Bajaj Allianz and I have never gone for a claim, so I am unable to vote in the poll for this.

There is no column for others, so no chance of voting for Royal sundaram

New update;
The surveyor came and inspected. My friend framed the story as a total accidental case. But according to surveyor, since my friend had moved the car after the accident occurred, and the engine damage was not a direct consequence of the accident, he is not entitled for the claim. What to do?

New update;
The surveyor came and inspected. My friend framed the story as a total accidental case. But according to surveyor, since my friend had moved the car after the accident occurred, and the engine damage was not a direct consequence of the accident, he is not entitled for the claim. What to do?
Ask your friend to talk to the Manager of the insurance company for the claim. normally the surveyor's are freelancers they work for many companies at a time. if the dealer itself have done the toeing and if you can prove that the incident is real,then you have the right to get the claim.
how much Kms did he travel after the incident?

He had travelled 500 m after which the car stopped. The Manager also has declined the claim saying he should not had drove a single metre after the incident. Also now my friend wants to move the matter to consumer court. For the rest of damage which had occurred some months back and the claim was due, the company is ready to pay around 7500/- . But is adamant about the engine which will cost 26000/-

He had travelled 500 m after which the car stopped. The Manager also has declined the claim saying he should not had drove a single metre after the incident. Also now my friend wants to move the matter to consumer court. For the rest of damage which had occurred some months back and the claim was due, the company is ready to pay around 7500/- . But is adamant about the engine which will cost 26000/-
Only 500m, It will take atleast this time when the car is on move to reallise what had happened, so he has the right to get the claim.one cannot stop the car on the spot of accident and moreover the car have to be moved as the traffic will get jammed if the car is parked on the center of the road .so its not fair to turn down the claim for this reason.Ask him to talk to the manager with these points.

Almost every insurance company claims themselves that they are best in India. Its upto the customer to do the research and compare to meet his/her requirement.
There are number of companies providing different different plans based on requirement.

The important for you as a customer to compare the plans and insurance companies as per your requirements.
You can compare these plans from websites like Buy Insurance Online India, Compare Insurance Plans India - Online Insurance Comparison India : PolicyX, policy mantra, policy bazaar. Hope this helps you choose best.

I am up for renewal have 50% NCB no claims history in past 8-9 years with two different cars in that period same private insurance company . Which company can provide me the best deal now on Comprehensive or Comprehensibe + Zero Dep? Is it advisable to go with higher IDV or lower IDV to keep premium lower. Please let me know. Thanks.

^^ IDV should be kept at par with market rates. Except for theft market value of a car presides over IDV.

Try HDFC Ergo, L&T, Oriental or National Insurance.

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Hi All,

Have any of you taken insurance from HDFC ERGO? I am getting a good quote from them for my insurance renewal.
Depreciation is 10% on the existing value
Bumper to bumper coverage
upto 20,000 INR in case we lose the key
20% NCB

Overall looks good but I wanted to know if they are good when settling claims.

I got to know from someone that insuring vehicles from certain manufacturers will be cheaper premium when you go with certain Insurance companies & it differs from brand to brand. Not sure how true this is.

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Hello all,

My ECOSPORT is going to have its 1st birthday on sept 3rd, ofcourse before that, i need to renew his insurance

Thinking about taking HDFC ERGO insurance, here i need your help

Guys did any one of you have insurance with HDFC ERGO?
If yes then how is the claim procedure and claim works for bumper to bumper ?
Does it goes well with your dealer ?

Please share your experience and let me take the best insurance in terms of price and claim support

Am taking insurance thru online at easyinsuranceindia.com with in 4 hours they called me and mailed insurance quotes from 10 diffrent insurance companies which includes 4 quotes from government insurance (such as national, new india, oriental )

Not marketing their service seems to be good hence sharing with you all

Last edited:

hi guys
my car is up for insurance renewal, i had bajaj allianze previously and had to claim once...was not happy with the process.
now got quotes from other guys and SBI General Car insurance is the cheapest.. Anyone has any experience with them? Planning to go for Bumper to Bumper...Any suggestions or tips i need to ask the insurance guys before paying?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Anand

Update:
Going with the SBI General Car Insurance, opted for Bumper To Bumper and the insurance premium came to 24k, with the IDV of 8.1L for my Vento TDI (2012 model)
The lowest was SBI and the costliest was Bharat AXA and Royalsundram (31k)
Thanks a lot!

Royal Sundaram vs Tata AIG vs HDFC Ergo Car Insurance

Hi,
I have almost one year old grand i10 and it's insurance renewal is due next month.
I have got quotes from Royal Sundaram, TATA AIG and HDFC ergo.
Since this is my first car, I really have no prior experience with any of these companies, neither I claimed anything last year.
I will prefer- zero depreciation coverage, cashless facility in garage near my place and hassle free claim process.
With zero depreciation coverage I got following quotes -
HDFC ERGO - around 17 thousand
TATA AIG - around 13 thousand
Royal sundaram - 15 thousand
Royal sundaram and HDFC have cashless facility in the garage I prefer to go, while TATA AIG is offering least premium amount.
Any suggestions here please?
Also I would like to hear some reviews on Royal sundaram, as only one friend has insurance from this company and others haven't even heard of them. [frustration]

Top Bottom