Aprilia Now in India - Excl. Pics of New Models on Pg.2

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended

Indian biking enthusiasts, rejoice. Aprilia has officially arrived.

The fierce new Aprilia RSV4 Superbike made its debut yesterday, at the Mumbai International Motor show 2011.

And to add the buzz, the Italian motorcyle giant had none other than Superbike World Champion and veteran bike racer Max Biaggi grace the occasion.
3 riding modes:

Track : This option gives you 180 HP at the slightest twist of the throttle!

Sport: This option can be used for 'Fun on the road', which is a smooth, electronically controlled delivery of power.

Road: This is for any road conditions and it's especially safe for Mumbai roads. Using this option will reduce the power to 140 HP.

To adapt the bike to Indian conditions, the silencer seems to have been changed and raised, giving it better ground clearance.

The body is made up of carbon fibre components, which make it extremely light for a two-wheeler of this size.

More exclusive features like ATC (Aprilia Traction Control), AWC (Aprilia Wheelie Control), ALC (Aprilia Launch Control) and AQS (Aprilia Quick Shift )

Source: rediff

Thread Starter #2

AMG

Suspended
Re: Aprilia launched at 13 - 18 lakh

I feel that they have got the pricing bang on.

An Italian exotic at the same price as an R1, blade, busa, gixxer etc etc.

Aprilia bookings open!!

According to an advertisement in a leading daily, Aprilia will soon commence bookings for the RSV4 Factory superbike in India. Priced at 20 lakh rupees, the bike will be sold in through Piaggio.

Aprilia RSV4 Factory features
• Compact, innovative design
• New – and unique – 65° V-four cylinder engine
• Multi-adjustable perimetral aluminium alloy frame
• Adjustable engine position relative within frame
• Asymmetric aluminium swingarm
• Öhlins Racing full adjustable fork and rear monoshock.

source-indianmotosblog

Attachments

Re: Aprilia Launched at Rs.13 - 18 Lakhs

As mentioned earlier, the first showroom in India for Aprilia is getting ready in Pune & will be opened in less than a month from now. I will try to cover the inauguration of the showroom & get some pics of this bike.

I dont know how i missed those exclusive scans of the Brochure. Thanks for posting Knightrider. I will be waiting for the inauguration pics.

350Z

Core Team

Great pictures of the brochure, Knightrider. We shall be waiting for the pictures from inaugural ceremony.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The broucher states that the bike is compliant to euro 3 norms, if it is so it means that it can't be registered in most of the metro and other major cities which have already moved to Euro/Bharat 4 emission norms. This is precisely where the targeted audiance hails from.

As much as I respect this and other "mean machine" range of models from various makers, I can't stop wondring what their actual sales figures would be.

For one, who would spend 20 lakhs in this kind of machines other than say John Abraham and/or Captain Dhoni.

Another thing: what would justify driving a 20 lakh motorcycle in a jam packed traffic when your top speed is 5 kmph.

Unless you set an alarm for after 3 AM to just drive this beast, there is no way anyone can go past 1st gear in every day life.

Thread Starter #13

AMG

Suspended

The broucher states that the bike is compliant to euro 3 norms, if it is so it means that it can't be registered in most of the metro and other major cities which have already moved to Euro/Bharat 4 emission norms. This is precisely where the targeted audiance hails from.

BANDHAV, dude

For bikes it is BS3
For Cars BS4

Two wheelers and cars have different emission norms and standards to comply with.

And this statement comes from a knowledgeable and respected guy like you, I am disappointed.

Everybody can't be an authority on all subjects under the sky. Unless spandy is a certifying authority in ARAI, you can't hold him guilty of disappointing you.
And this statement comes from a knowledgeable and respected guy like you, I am disappointed.

@been there: These are exotics machines, even their manufacturers are not looking for numbers. They operate in a niche market where there is demand for such products.

These are anyhow not meant for handling the peak hour indian traffic. Its not about using all the power, its about having all that power.

And yes people do set alamrs for enjoying these machines.

@AMG: Thanks for updating me, I was really not aware of this.

Last edited:

Top Bottom