Aftermarket Tacho Meter / RPM Meter

Very neat installation Varun. The fitting is looking like OE one. Just check the connections (as told by Ilango) for the vibration thing.

Dear Varun,

Its a good buy, And looks gr8.

The Current Connection is not correct i belive [confused]

I think the wire must be connected in parallel with the Ignition Coil output which goes to one of the Spark Plugs. The Tacho Meters will have the compatibility of 3/4/6/8 Cylinder configs. The selectors will be in the back side of the Tacho. for referece please visit youtube videos.

I hope this will solve your Problem.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #21
Hi friends..

Pls help me, suddenly today the rpm meter is not working,
I checked all the wires, they are perfect, is there any chances where the meter itself is blown off??

do u got success? am also thinking to install a tacho in my 800... i think a-star's tacho is cheaper than anyone... all were saying u get a tacho between 3-7k, which changed my mind. if its 1350 or 1500 then i will install it..

Thread Starter #26
do u got success? am also thinking to install a tacho in my 800... i think a-star's tacho is cheaper than anyone... all were saying u get a tacho between 3-7k, which changed my mind. if its 1350 or 1500 then i will install it..
Its 1087 rs MGP, you can go for that. Presently its working (not properly but some how it works) go for A-star's only as I wasted money for Ritz tacho meter and its not working with our car..[frustration]

From the video looks like your wiring is perfect. If anything were to be swapped, it would've blown the minute the engine is started. Make sure you add proper terminals and screw them wires tight. I think you might need a resistor between the blue wire and the ig.coil (electronics guys pitch in).

BTW, how much was the ritz tach? What were the differences between them? Could you post a picture?

Last edited:
Its 1087 rs MGP, you can go for that. Presently its working (not properly but some how it works) go for A-star's only as I wasted money for Ritz tacho meter and its not working with our car..[frustration]
thanks, 1087 including clamp & cables? i think ritz has 4 cyl engine, so it will'nt work with 800 may be work on swift or other 4cyl cars...

Thread Starter #29
thanks, 1087 including clamp & cables? i think ritz has 4 cyl engine, so it will'nt work with 800 may be work on swift or other 4cyl cars...

Yes, it includes the clamp and you need to cut the plug provided with the tacho and do wiring as per your needs and location..[;)]

deville_56

Honoured Member
I was planning to install Ritz tacho in Estilo. Glad to see someone already did something. Maruti customer care replied to inquire with the ASC guys. They are dumb enough to understand my question and kept insisting to get new Estilo VXi cluster.

Now the thing is, since Ritz one is ECU operated, it should be working fine with Estilo ECU, both being 4 cylinder. Correct me if wrong and suggestion/input regarding this please [:D]

Top Bottom