Advice for a New Family Mover (Booked Hyundai i10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO there is no substitute for safe driving no safety technology in the world can replace sensible and safe driving .
But at times we are faced with situations which are beyond our control .

Here is good look at what abs can do
Anti-Lock Brakes

What is meant by Anti Lock Braking System - Use of ABS in Cars

My car dosent have abs or airbags and I hardly drive my car above 90 kmph no matter which road iam and how clear it is . IMHO anything over and above 120 is not safe on any Indian roads people do more then those speeds I know but I don't get any thrill in that maybe iam a bit old school guy .[:D]

if that is the case you dont need to look for the duster. any bad handling car would do . at 90kmph those are not bad to handle [;)]

Last edited:
if that is the case you dont need to look for the duster. any bad handling car would do . at 90kmph those are not bad to handle [;)]
I agree with you . I used to not care too much about that too but when I drove the fiesta the new one it was all a differnt game again max 120 I did that with sunny too but the difference is quite felt .if you get chance drive the new fiesta once. And I know iam off topic here [:D]

@Raja, I agree to your suggestions !![:)]

Just out of this topic, I would like to ask you true opinion on Airbags, ABS

[:D]
Airbags: Airbags will not assure survival in case of an accident. But it definitely minimizes the injuries to the accident victims. This is the very true purpose. And thus airbags can be & will be soul savers.

ABS: It is not true that ABS will come in only at 100+KM. ABS will come into action even at low speeds like 30KM i.e. in case where there are gravels in the road, slippery road [due to oil, grease, water] ABS will come into action here and will make sure that your car is in the right track.

Another usage can be when you come across a curvy road all of a sudden, your car's ABS will keep the car move in the right curvy path.

At speeds more than 100+ ABS will make your car come to a stop without the driver loosing steering control or car moving in right/left directions.

One useful info about ABS: If you are a newbie to ABS, then while applying the brake if ABS comes to action there will be a slight vibration in the brake pedal. Do not panic and keep applying the brakes & do not remove your foot from the brake. Your car will move ahead in the right direction. This is because ABS applies and releases brake in a sequential manner for about 10 times per second.

If you engage a driver on your car (with ABS) for a long drive, pass on this very useful tip to the driver.

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) will only work when the brakes get the wheels locked, thereby avoiding a skid....be it 1kmph or 100kmph. With wheels free and ABS in action, driver is able to steer the car and prevent collision(s).

Thread Starter #36
What you are saying is right but people buy car with keeping their family first in mind not freinds and relatives as such occurrence is very very rare .

Jaaz even the base model has abs, airbags, music system ,steering mounted controls and beautifully managed space and extremely airy and comfertable cabin.
Again people on our forum are getting 13:5 mileage in bumber to bumber traffic with ac on .
Maruti engine is great but it can't match the refinement of Hondas ivtec.

Since the OP has kids taking safety part into consideration he has to opt for zxi model only vxi,lxi have no safety options, music system where as all this important stuff comes already in base model of jaaz.

To the OP- what is the age of your kids ? If they are 10-15 plus they will grow then the ertiga is the better option but if they are still small my suggestion would be to go for the jaaz
Have two kids one 2 and another 6, already posted in my post still for your reply, jazz seems to fit the bill perfectly with all the features needed,for a family of 3 adults and two kids of these age it does with its butter smooth engine honda gives,yet everyday family gets confused when buying car discussion is on, taking i20 diesel to ergita, lets hope we get to a common conclusion and choice by this month end.

Have two kids one 2 and another 6, already posted in my post still for your reply, jazz seems to fit the bill perfectly with all the features needed,for a family of 3 adults and two kids of these age it does with its butter smooth engine honda gives,yet everyday family gets confused when buying car discussion is on, taking i20 diesel to ergita, lets hope we get to a common conclusion and choice by this month end.
If you want petrol car my suggestion will be jaaz .
Now if it's diesel then the jaaz is out in i20 and ertiga I will personally pick ertiga because it will be much cheaper to maintain then i20, and if iam not mistaken the base models of ertiga also comes with abs .
Take your time deciding if petrol or deisel makes sense to you . Then plan one day when the whole family is free and try and take back to back test drives of cars you have selected incase of confussion take more test drives see then which you like your family likes in which car you all felt the most comfertable ask in detail servicing costs , labour cost , parts cost of each car , see which service station of selected brands are closer to you or manageable to you .and taking all the points into consideration pick one which you feel is right .

taking i20 diesel to ergita, lets hope we get to a common conclusion and choice by this month end.
If you can wait for Ertiga (waiting periods) then I would suggest you to go for the same. As you are craving for space, Ertiga will fit the bill perfectly more than i20 diesel (IMO)

Thread Starter #40
What Color? White / Silver (Low-End Trim) OR Black (High-End Trim)?

need to finalise the deal by today evening and with december end deals happening with every dealers and new price list in effect of 31.10.12, old price list with discount is available, need to confirm the colour and variant, lower trim is available in white and silver with A/c,heater,pwr steering,front power windows,black door handle and mirror, where black is available in one up model with every basic needs of all four power windows,body coloured doors handles and mirror,parcel tray,wheel caps,
How worst/bad or good is black shade to maintain compared to white,silver lighter shades,shall i go for black or not, its a hatchback to be brought,petrol.Thats all i can share as of now[;)]
Help out guys, its urgent.

Re: White/silver in lower trim and black in one higher?

Well, Vijay its really harsh of you to put us in darkness about your new purchase. However, if i were you would have gone for white color, whether its a lower, middle or top variant.
Reason: White IMO is one of the most mod friendly color.
However, if you have the Cabby feeling associated with white color, then i would say go for metallic red. If my gut feeling is true, the Fiat red/wine red is a great color to have for the ride.

Coming to maintenance of black color, i would say, if you have a daily cleaner or driver for your car, then go ahead else imo stay away because the color requires a lot of maintainence, be it cleaning or avoiding swirl marks.

Wish you all the best for your new car[smile].

Black color looks good in cars, buy if you wash it on daily basis, and one more thing is every little scratch will be visible. Need to wax it for better shine as opposed to the white.
A/C will be ineffective in Hot summers because black attracts too much of heat.

Now it's your decision to make.[:)]

Thread Starter #43

Akash, yeah mate i knw those are my first choice as well white and silver looks elegant neat and environment friendly too lighter shades are easy to maintain and looks better at ageing as well, black somehow i have seen older ones and they look terrible so raised my question,
Vishwas thankyou for your feedback, yes i though have a daily cleaner but then visuals of swirl and scratches are topmost in black which puts me away, maybe a variant lower but white or silver it would be or even engine different but lets see by today eve what goes to finalise.

Vishwas thankyou for your feedback, yes i though have a daily cleaner but then visuals of swirl and scratches are topmost in black which puts me away, maybe a variant lower but white or silver it would be or even engine different but lets see by today eve what goes to finalise.
Are you by chance going for the Vista?
If you have a daily cleaner of your car, then its well and good you can go with the model.

Thread Starter #45

I was going to as we did talked about it on vista90 thread,but high command demanded different vehicle and brand and looks and everything from the indica we have since 8 yrs so no tata this time mate.
Okay lemme get into this help as well from u all, into deciding for i10 irde or kappa,magna variant in both, which one do u think is a better option to go for irde2 or kappa2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom