Adding K&N Filter To Maruti Zen MPFi

zengetz

Suspended
heheh...I used to have it in my M800 - the m800 button to activate boost - (Like in the BMW M3) haha

A stock replacement filter doesn't aid in anything apart from reducing the need to replace the filter as K&N lasts really loooong. If you are looking for lower end torque then a CAI + FFE is what would help you. [thumbsup]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #22
Why Stock Replacement Filter, and not CAI??
1. A universal/FFE/CAI adds performance and 'induction roar'. I don't want induction roar.
2. Also due to this fitment amount of fine dust that can get into the engine is more than stock filter.So requires regular cleaning.
3. There is danger of sucking in water if by mistake water goes inside bonnet.

Good explanation Surfer , serves well as a DIY. But i am surprised to see you mentioning you are finding an improvement in performance! I find many people saying that the stock filter really doesn't provide any performance boost.

Thread Starter #24
Yes even I heard that before adding it, but I feel the difference personally.Although later when we bought the filter for my friends fabia there is hardly any significant performance improvement.

Will you please inform me Model or Item Number of the K & N Air Filter (Stock) for Maruti Zen MPFI Year Of Mfg. 2005. I am really interested in buying one for myself. It would be great if I get the best price for the same, if I get to know such recommanded Dealer for Pune, Mumbai or Ahmedabad.

But i am surprised to see you mentioning you are finding an improvement in performance! I find many people saying that the stock filter really doesn't provide any performance boost.
This is my experience too. Currently am using K&N Stock filter for my Alto. Have used it for more than 10k kms now. Only thing is engine breathes easier. No significant improvement in performance. In fact I have also used K&N Performance filter as well (the conical one). Here there will be an increase in noise and marginal improvement in performance. As per my knowledge, to get significant boost to performance and improve low end torque, Performance filter has to be supported by FFE.

Good that Surfer is able to feel the difference [clap]

Thread Starter #28
As per my knowledge, to get significant boost to performance and improve low end torque, Performance filter has to be supported by FFE.
Quite true.
IMO the old maruti cars (before K series engine) having <=1000cc engine shows significant performance difference without FFE.

Before adding K&N I really felt that pickup is low and also car requires frequent gear shifts. Now after adding K&N I fell the difference.The cars picksup nicely even in 3rd or 4th gear from low speed. (Although I don't know exact rpms as Zen doesn't have Tachometer )

Dear All

After reading the reviews, I have added K & N Stock filter to my Zen Vxi of 2005, which I got converted to CNG about 3 months back with Tomasatte Kit. I bought this air filter from Ahmedabad - Pramukh Automobiles Mr Viral Gandhi - Mob. 9016490049.

The results are really encouraging and I recommand use of the same. Now thinking of replacing air filter for Accent soon. Thanks

Top Bottom