A La CARte Under 12 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
So I am Aakash from Hyderabad.I live with my parents and grandparents here.
We are going to take a car now.The Budget is Under 12 Lakhs.

Since My Father will be using the car for 3500-4500 kms per Month it had to be a diesel and we will be using it for 2 years only.

So the prime factors are :-
1)Performance
2)Feature Rich
3)Comfort
4)Resale Value

I got confirmed that it should be a sedan or a SUV/MUV by the usage.

Please Comment on which car should we buy and which variant of it?
The Points to be noted :
-Car will be driven by my Dad (50 Yrs)
-It will be used on State Highways(2 Lane Metalled) and Some Potty Roads in Andhra Pradesh near Vijayawada.
-Mostly the car will have 1/2 persons on board for 70% time and 3-5 for the rest.
-I have keen Interest in cars and been in and around it for 5 years now.I Track and Check out every launch.
-Will take the car in a Month. Needed Urgently!

We have a Honda City 2005 and Alto 2005, 2 Scorpios (2006 & 09),Fusion (Don't Remember year) so have a diversified experience.

Cannot extend the budget since There are other investments going on.

Cars Viewed :-

VENTO :- Trendline too basic , Highline too pricy for Features. Enquired the dealer he says Comfortline has been launched and deliveries will begin in March itself. It has got Electric ORVMS,Old Vento Music System,Rear Arm Rest,Central Locking etc. Pricier than the TL by 40k. OTR is 10.61 + 20 K for Accessories, Total - 10.81 L

Fiat Linea Emotion :- Fully Loaded and Nice, 10.99L OTR - 30K Disc.

Mahindra Xylo :- E8 ABS Airbag, VFM MUV,Feature Rich 10.75 OTR + 40 K Accessories.

These three are the final contenders as per now as I have ruled all others out due to reasons.U can still convince me On other models also as I have no Offense against any car.

Please Reply....[confused]

Waiting need to finalize before 15th March.[cry]

Aakash

If your looking at a Sedan, Also checkout Tata Manzda. it also fits in your requirements very well. MUV- Xylo should be a best pick.

lxi.

Suspended
Go for a sedan as the MUV Xylo will be difficult for your dad (50+ Yrs) to drive becasue its too big!
Check out the Fiat Linea Emotion as it will be the most better sedan among the lot.
Fiat ASS has also improved now.
What about the Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX Crdi?
A nice diesel car with Good Resale value (Better than Linea IMO).

Thread Starter #5
Lxi we will be taking the car In a Months time but the Verna has Waiting period of 4 months and cant wait that long since dad will use the car in other place and even him doesnt like to go for it due to its Low GC and High Speed Handling and Ride.

Hello Akash, welcome to TAI.

Vento TDI comfortline seems to be a good option because it has decent engine, decent performance, features at PAR, Better drivability for your dad considering the age criteria where he feels comfy.
Find reviews on the dealers, its A.S.S Backup of VW in your city, if its good then no worries.

Skoda Rapid as Krish_go says is also good.

Welcome to TAI Aakash.

Since you want a car in a month i would say verna is a good option but since it has a waiting period, it goes of from your list. I would suggest vento and skoda rapid are good options for you.

Manza is a nice car too but i guess that is out of your list already .

I would say go for the Vento CL eyes closed. This would be the best for the requirements you have listed down.

Skoda rapid is good and being liked by many in her short tenure in the market, but I do not think they (skoda) can improve there ASS as rapidly[:)]

Did you consider the New Fiesta titanium? It fits your budget It has lots of features, looks & performance will be subjective though (I personally feel it is underdone at the rear end, it looks very disproportionate).

Yesterday I test ride the new feista and it's just wow wow you can get a great discount on that too it does not give the rich feel inside like the verna but it really is great car test drive it and iam sure you will love it abs, airbags are standard in all variants . I have not driven the verna so won't comment . Rapid too is a great option it looks hot in red and super classy in beige and black .

My first question,have you kept the used car option too open?I mean like if you get a used car with very low mileage like 5-10k kms for an asking price.

Well,considering all your requirements and it will be driven by your father,who is 50 years old,as per your requirements after considering the budget:-
1)Performance:Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 TCDi,Hyundai Verna CRDi(if you are okay with terrifying high speed drive),VW vento TDI,Skoda Rapid TDI.
2)Feature Rich:Hyundai Verna CRDi,Fiat Linea Multijet,Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi.
3)Comfort:Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDi,VW Vento/Skoda Rapid TDI.
4)Resale Value:Hyundai Verna CRDi,MS SX4 ZDi,May be Skoda Rapid TDI.

Now its upon you what car you want and what suits you best.

My suggestions:
Strike out Fiat Linea Multijet if your Dad is 6". He will hit his head while entering and getting out. Any small hump, roof will surely touch the head.
Strike out Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0. Its Little Old fashion design. (i would not say obsolete)
Strike out VW Vento. No ASS.
Strike our Fiesta titanium. Very cheap looking interiors. Not worth 10+ lakhs.
Your options now should be.
1. Hyundai Verna CRDi
2. Skoda Rapid TDI
3. Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi
You and your Dad will luv either of this. Always Try a TD .

My first question,have you kept the used car option too open?I mean like if you get a used car with very low mileage like 5-10k kms for an asking price.

Well,considering all your requirements and it will be driven by your father,who is 50 years old,as per your requirements after considering the budget:-
1)Performance:Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 TCDi,Hyundai Verna CRDi(if you are okay with terrifying high speed drive),VW vento TDI,Skoda Rapid TDI.
2)Feature Rich:Hyundai Verna CRDi,Fiat Linea Multijet,Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi.
3)Comfort:Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDi,VW Vento/Skoda Rapid TDI.
4)Resale Value:Hyundai Verna CRDi,MS SX4 ZDi,May be Skoda Rapid TDI.

Now its upon you what car you want and what suits you best.
My suggestions:
1. Hyundai Verna CRDi
2. Skoda Rapid TDI
3. Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi
He has mentioned:
Will take the car in a Month. Needed Urgently!
So a BIG NO to Verna.Optra feels too much dated and moreover he mentioned that he's going to keep the car only for 2 years so the car with higher resale value must be selected , else its a big hole in the pocket.

This is subjective, anyway let him have a try.

Last edited:
My suggestions:
Strike out Fiat Linea Multijet if your Dad is 6". He will hit his head while entering and getting out. Any small hump, roof will surely touch the head.
Strike out Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0. Its Little Old fashion design. (i would not say obsolete)
1. Hyundai Verna CRDi
2. Skoda Rapid TDI
3. Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi

Top Bottom