Your Experiences Of Greatest Bike There Was in India - The RX100

AMG

Suspended
1) i hate its looks: the flat panels & the skinny tyres dont evoke any interest!

2) i hate its sound: MOST IMPORTANT! i go mad (not in the good sense) when i hear a revving RX100. i simply dislike its ktrrrr trrrr sound. i know its a 2 stroke, but a kinetic honda scooter sounds better. i also know many here love the bike because of its sound, but i dislike it!

3) it is one of the most polluting bike i have seen on indian roads, again compared to 2 stroke bikes only.

4) initial acceleration is good but nothing mind blowing & acceleration after 50kmph is nothing to write about too.

the only thing good about the bike is its resale value!!!

sorry if i have hurt the RX100 loyalists/lovers, these are just my opinion & need not be accepted.

I agree with you 100%[cheers]

I disagree

as aditya said, RX100 lovers are very vicious! but let me take a risk by voicing out my opinion- i completely DISLIKE the RX100!!!

reasons are many-

1) i hate its looks: the flat panels & the skinny tyres dont evoke any interest!

2) i hate its sound: MOST IMPORTANT! i go mad (not in the good sense) when i hear a revving RX100. i simply dislike its ktrrrr trrrr sound. i know its a 2 stroke, but a kinetic honda scooter sounds better. i also know many here love the bike because of its sound, but i dislike it!

3) it is one of the most polluting bike i have seen on indian roads, again compared to 2 stroke bikes only.

4) initial acceleration is good but nothing mind blowing & acceleration after 50kmph is nothing to write about too.

the only thing good about the bike is its resale value!!!

sorry if i have hurt the RX100 loyalists/lovers, these are just my opinion & need not be accepted.

I don't think RX is a polluting bike if maintained properly. I totally disagree.[evil]

I did Emission test on My bike just 2days back & the CO2 levels were less than a 4stroke bike(compared with my friends PULSAR reading).

And forget to mention that this results even after the bike is converted to 150cc & has a calculated muffler fitted in to OEM silencer. [thumbsup] Then think about the results without any mods

I don't think RX is a polluting bike if maintained properly. I totally disagree.[evil]

I did Emission test on My bike just 2days back & the CO2 levels were less than a 4stroke bike(compared with my friends PULSAR reading).

And forget to mention that this results even after the bike is converted to 150cc & has a calculated muffler fitted in to OEM silencer. [thumbsup] Then think about the results without any mods
well maybe... but 90& of the RX100s & 135s i see on the road emit smoke like anything.

i have seen that RX100s are comparatively very less in mumbai than in kerela & bangalore... not that i am complaining!

very well maintained RX135 FIAT yamaha!in one pic it has headlight grill and another doesnt. which is latest picture?

very well maintained RX135 FIAT yamaha!in one pic it has headlight grill and another doesnt. which is latest picture?
Lastest is with grill. got it recently changed. just to look diff from my cousin's RX(he has copies all the mods from my bike. except the indicator)[lol]

Re: Your Experiences on the Greatest Bike there was in India...the RX100

Yamaha Bikes are very nice for pick-up and look. Yamaha RX-100 is fantastic bike. Now days number of good pick-up bikes you will get in the market. But Yamaha RX-100 is quite different and unique from all this bike.

Wow...! This is the thread I was looking for.
Glad to see all RX fans here, add myself to the list.
Here is my RX100 - 1994 model, but sold it[frustration] when I got shifted to chennai, thinking of getting one here, but with least success.
Missing her badly.[cry]

Attachments

This is an awesome thread tribute to the legendary bike on indian tarmac. Will be posting pics of my cherry red rx soon.[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:

great pics guys. nice to see another white RX in team ! [thumbsup] @dr.james waiting for your cherry red too!!

oh. just three months back? so early? why?? [cry]
Got shifted to Chennai from North. Don't want to face the hassles in RTO.
Sold it to one of my close friend.

Top Bottom