What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

Model: Nano Twist 2014
1) In case you turn the car off when the headlights are ON, if you turn off in the ACC or LOCK position, now only the Parking Lamps are ON.
2) DTE and AFE function
3) Double crank is not possible
4) Bluetooth connectivity
5) Has theater dimming lamps in the cabin. It will remain on for 25 sec even after you close the doors when key is not put in. But when the key is put the light dims slowly and gets switched off after closing doors. Gives theater effect!
6) Smallest turning radius of 4meters
7) India's only RWD hatch
8) Highest GC in its segment (180 mm)

Last edited:
Re: What “Special” Features Does Your Car Have?

2) DTE and AFE function
3) Double crank is not possible
5) Has theater dimming lamps in the cabin. It will remain on for 25 sec even after you close the doors when key is not put in. But when the key is put the light dims slowly and gets switched off after closing doors. Gives theater effect!
Are you serious!?

(3) and (5) points are much needed in cars of higher seg e.g. Swift (3) and Beat (both because I own one [roll]). Can't believe the value Nano offers for the money (if you're driving within the city). More so with the GenX Nano. It has no longer the "cheapest car" image in my mind *thumbs up

Sorry for the ignorance, what is DTE and AFE?

All doors unlock in Polo if an airbag is deployed. A thoughtful safety feature which is a must have on all cars.
This won't let the passengers to be thrown out of the car in case of an overturn or hard tumble [surprise]?. Or is there a slight time delay for the doors to unlock?.

Last edited:

Again I don't know if other cars have this.

Chevy Beat:
The Power Steering module continues to power the steering after the car is switched off, so that one can engage Steering Lock without much effort!
I have driven the 2010 model Chevy Beat (Petrol) and it does not have this feature. Also, this car had a Hydraulic Power steering, which wont work if engine is switched off. So may be the new Beat comes with EPS, if not this is simple impossible. Can you please mention which model you are referring to?[confused]

I have driven the 2010 model Chevy Beat (Petrol) and it does not have this feature. Also, this car had a Hydraulic Power steering, which wont work if engine is switched off. So may be the new Beat comes with EPS, if not this is simple impossible. Can you please mention which model you are referring to?[confused]
Beat LS Diesel Oct 2012. As far as I remember the sticker on the power steering module read EPS. Will double check.

shrid said:
Again forgive me, my head was malfunctioning yesterday [frustration]

Can't seem to find meaning of AFE though.

:offtopic: Can anyone see a notification when their post is quoted? I can't. [frustration]

Last edited:
This won't let the passengers to be thrown out of the car in case of an overturn or hard tumble ?. Or is there a slight time delay for the doors to unlock?.
This is a safety feature in most of the modern cars. The doors won't open, they would just be unlocked after a major shunt. The passengers can quickly escape in such case if the car catches fire after a crash. There passengers would not have to open the locks first to escape, plus it is easier to open the doors from outside for the rescuers, to save the occupants.

About the delay, I can't say as (by god's grace) I have never (and would never like to either [lol]) experienced anything like that.

Regards,
Nikunj

Last edited:

Are you serious!?

(3) and (5) points are much needed in cars of higher seg e.g. Swift (3) and Beat (both because I own one [roll]). Can't believe the value Nano offers for the money (if you're driving within the city). More so with the GenX Nano. It has no longer the "cheapest car" image in my mind *thumbs up

DTE is Distance to Empty
AFE is Average fuel efficiency

bhvm

Honoured Member
Vehicle-
Mahindra XUV 500 Thunderbolt (1st Gen)
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...v-5oo-detailed-review-audio-led-hid-mods.html

1> Conversation Mirror to keep tab on Nosy Kids. (Recently removed on New Gen W10 making it even rarer. I guess no other vehicle in India has one now!)
2> Speed sensitive Audio volume
3> Double Crank Prevention
4> Pull Ring for engaging reverse gear
5> Longue Lights. Seeing this, I fabricated my Own Longue lights on my Blue Boy i10
6> "Camping Lights" There is a light under the rear boot. You just flip open the boot, turn on this cool light and you can have picnic underneath. While being safe from crow droppings.
7> TPMS. A rare sight in Indian vehicles
8> BLUE SENSE APP. Shows various stats on Phone and also allows one to control Music
9> A FULL fledged music system from factory. Recently the DVD player is removed from W10 model.
10> Top notch safety with A-bag,ABS, TPMS, Stability control and rollover mitigation.
11> Oil change interval is 20k Kms from factory.
12> Lumbar support and height adjustable seat.
13> Indications on LCD display like " BONNET IS OPEN", "SEATBELT NOT WORN", "DOOR IS OPEN", "FRONT BRAKE WORN OUT" etc. Just added after software update.

My vehicle also has 2 underseat subwoofers as a part of DIY-
DIY Dual woofer setup (Hidden and Underseat)

Vehicle-
Hyundai i10 1st gen (Blue Boy)
1> DRL sensor and relay is provided. I just had to connect some LED lamps to it and DRL started working!

2> Both front doors can control Central locking.

3> Sunroof. Its a great addition in such small and cute car! My girl loves it.

One thing i have noticed in my vento dont know if it a special feature or not that the doors can be opened while the car is in motion when the doors are centrally locked via the button on the drivers side.

May be! Are other volkswageners experiencing this type? or is it special in my case?[lol]
Same in Ford Ecosport and as per ford this is a safety feature

"All the doors can still be opened manually from the inside even when the vehicle has been locked, this is a safety feature to enable the passengers in the vehicle to open the doors in an emergency."

In emergeny situation if the central locking system stops working the passengers inside the car can still open the doors manually.

Last edited:

Same in Ford Ecosport and as per ford this is a safety feature. In emergency situation if the central locking system stops working the passengers inside the car can still open the doors manually.
I think this "feature" is available in every car with a central locking. Isn't it?.

Top Bottom