Toyota Etios Airbags Not Deployed in Accident

Guys have gone through various forums. And its very clear to me that most of them don't know how the airbag system works i feel before handing the key to the owners of the car the showroom sales executive or support staff should give a brief training about the safety features of the car. This would help people to understand their car better. though RTO has been saying wearing seat belt in mandatory most of us don't. and regarding the question what if the passenger isnt wearing seat belt and the drivers wearing one would it stop the driver airbag to deflate the answer is a BIG NO the driver airbag will deflate. So guys those who drive cars with airbag please ensure you guys are wearing seatbelt all the times. Having said that it doesnt mean that people without airbag system are not supposed to wear it everyone regardless of what car what make is supposed to wear seatbelt if you intend not to die soon.
Here's a little info you may want to know
http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/lbu_vs_fs_airbags.pdf
http://cpsboard.org/cps/wp-content/...anuals-Passenger-Air-Bag-Automatic-On-Off.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
what if the passenger isnt wearing seat belt and the drivers wearing one would it stop the driver airbag to deflate the ans is a BIG NO the driver airbag will deflate.
Passenger seat belt indication display only when a passenger is seated (through weight sensor inside passenger seat). Advised, not to put complicated passenger seat covers.

Passenger if not there, SRS airbag will not inflate on passenger side in the case of airbag deployment.

Now the vehicle is not damaged, and at least two of the airbag-deployment sensors are not affected, the airbag will not deploy.

Re: Toyota Etios Air Bag Didn't Deployed

Here I got some points to mention:

• Toyota did the settlement but haven't accepted the fault. This settlement is because of the court as one life is lost. They haven't settled on the fact that the vehicle was at fault and resulted in the death. In fact they mentioned the facts about SRS airbags but thanks to our courts and legal system which can never understand the thing as well as the involvement of local politics(mind you, that is a local court; not high court or supreme court), they can never win the case. Still, Toyota has nowhere accepted that the vehicle is at fault and I'd like to read that part of official document along with the source where Toyota has accepted the faulty vehicle.
  • How much has Corolla scored in crash tests? If you called "moreover in NCAP crash test also toyota corolla didnt score much which points that toyota has taken granted of our poor indians life", then I am quite sure that you may be having some valid proof to state your points on.

I am awaiting your response and if you don't have, then I hope you will be happy to take your words back.

So you mean lower court judgements are nothing ...and one more think if somebody accepts any compromise in a problem that means that they silently accept that there is some fault on their part slso...if there was no mistake with company why wouldnt they go for an appeal in higher court..? I dont ve much idea about judiciary..only know very little abot these court and all..so pls make it clear if you dont mind...one more thing I ll make you clear ..I am a fan of toyota vehicles..so I was really surprised to see these sorts of mistakes from my favourite brand..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
Just an update , this is the quote from the owner of the car.

many people had raised the issue of seat belt. I am informed that both the passengers did indeed wear the seat belt because - 1. they were travelling on a highway which is one of the relatively good ones in Kerala, 2. the police in Kochi area is very strict about it
looks like they wore seat belt

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just an update , this is the quote from the owner of the car.

looks like they wore seat belt
This doesn't prove anything. Like some other member mentioned , there's a crack in the windshield on the passenger side. Nobody would have gone that far if he wore a seatbelt.

Its clearly mentioned the accident happened on the highway. I reckon the people must be wearing a seat belt. But the statement "Did not collide properly is bizarre". You don't expect that from somebody like Toyota.

Top Bottom