The Grey Skid – Chevy Beat TCDi LS (December 2012)

Thread Starter #61

deville_56

Honoured Member
I guess, you should try fitting a center arm rest also as DIY. I have been trying this by approaching various accessory shops here, but none is ready. If you could do it, please guide me as I require one very badly.
Personally I don't prefer an armrest, so no chance of fitting it. There are many available online, which are pretty easier to install.

Thread Starter #64

deville_56

Honoured Member
That's great Mr.Deville.How's she doing ? Mileage ? Maintainence costs ? About Chevy A.S.S ?
No issues so far other than a loose battery terminal.

Mileage not checked in some time. Still 15+ in city with 100% AC.

Maintenance cost comes between 4-5k ever 6 months or 7500 km. Oil change only at 15000 km. Service due now.

Chevy ASS is always crowded, sole dealer for whole Trivandrum and sizable number of MPVs with taxiwala and Police. But work is well executed, so far no issues with them.

Thread Starter #65

deville_56

Honoured Member
30k Service

Insurance renewed. Now bumper-to-bumper from HDFC ERGO. Premium paid - 10118

30k service
Car was overdue for service and was not happy with the developments at Deedi Chevolet, so was in search of better 3rd party service center. Our usual Bosch Car Care also lost its charm. Wanted to try this guy, Continental Automotive. Review was mixed. Some said too good. Some said waste. Decided to try and outcome was good. Neat job. This guy is a race engineer from Kari Speedway, most of the exotics are serviced there and they are too good in full rebuilds. Some formula race cars were there too.

2015-01-29 10-12-08.jpg

Bill was more than Chevy, but reasonable provided they used fully synthetic oil.

Bill:
Parts:
Shell FS Oil 5W30 x 4 liters - 2400
Oil Filter - 450
Air Filter - 650
Rear Wheel Cylinder Assembly x2 - 1250

Labor:
Oil/Filters Changing - 450
Brake Work - 650
Full Checkup - 450
Wash + Interior Cleaning - 500

Total - 6800

Some interesting cars spotted there.

2015-01-29 10-10-29.jpg

Frameless blades were worn out and none was available offline, so bought Bosch regular blades. 300 bucks.

2015-01-02 14-40-32.JPG

5th mirror assembly. Duplicate ones comes off when folding. Even this one broke in 2 days. Original one next time. Issue with original is the cap falls of with slight impact and wont get that in spare. 1300 for duplicate.

2015-01-02 14-41-00.JPG

Rotation and alignment. These guys used to to rotation for free, now charging 100 for it. Alignment comes at 300.

2015-01-29 10-42-36_2.jpg

I'm correcting what I said above. Another cousin's Beat was screwed up by them. Routinely serviced there and had no issues at all and they gave bill for engine overhaul at 40k km. After fighting out, they reduced the bill amount to 5k from 20k. Still did not accept the car. Uncle waiting to screw them up. I smelt something fishy when they changed brake pad at 20k.

Hi Devil, Fog lamps installation is neat and perfect as always [:)]. How does park light connected to fog lamp, using relay?. My fog lamp is not connected park light, Please explain it a bit.

Thread Starter #67

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi Devil, Fog lamps installation is neat and perfect as always [:)]. How does park light connected to fog lamp, using relay?. My fog lamp is not connected park light, Please explain it a bit.
Thank you thank you.

Idea is simple. Use a small relay that turns on with park light. Route the fog lamp relay turn on signal or ground via that relay such that fog lamp relay will turn on only when park light is on. Most OEM fogs work only with park light or low beam and won't be lit during day time if you forgot to turn fog lamp switch off. Will post illustrated circuit drawing if you desire when I get access to a desktop.

Thank you thank you.

Idea is simple. Use a small relay that turns on with park light. Route the fog lamp relay turn on signal or ground via that relay such that fog lamp relay will turn on only when park light is on. Most OEM fogs work only with park light or low beam and won't be lit during day time if you forgot to turn fog lamp switch off. Will post illustrated circuit drawing if you desire when I get access to a desktop.
Yes Indeed. Please do so[clap]

Thread Starter #69

deville_56

Honoured Member
Yesterday brake failed, luckily it not on move. Cousin came home saying no pulling and smoke coming from car. I checked and it was jammed brake. Took the car to go to workshop and OMG the brake was not working at all. Pedal going down fully, but not even slightest bite. Took it to our old Bosch Car Care with help of a friend. Car is there now being worked. Won't go to Continental again.

Yes Indeed. Please do so[clap]
No internet for a week, some more time please [frustration]

Thread Starter #71

deville_56

Honoured Member
Changed mirror assembly again. I believe the 6th one [frustration]. This time a VW Polo knocked it down. Last 3 were duplicates as Chevy was not selling OE spares outside and don't want to go up to Chevy dealer. This time changed at Chevy. Entry-Work-Bill-Exit happened in less than 30 min and total bill was just slightly more than the duplicate mirror.

Bill:
Mirror - 1317
Installation - 75+T
Total - 1400

2015-03-12 12-01-41.jpg

Thread Starter #72

deville_56

Honoured Member
Some serious issues with brakes. Overhauled twice 2 workshops in last 2 months/2k km. Earlier the brake used to jam and then no brakes. Now brake getting jammed and have to pump hard to release it. Gotta check with a 3rd workshop, other 2 were not able to diagnose the cause, all they did is removed and refitted and first guy replacing the brake cylinders, from where the problem began.

Some serious issues with brakes. Overhauled twice 2 workshops in last 2 months/2k km. Earlier the brake used to jam and then no brakes. Now brake getting jammed and have to pump hard to release it. Gotta check with a 3rd workshop, other 2 were not able to diagnose the cause, all they did is removed and refitted and first guy replacing the brake cylinders, from where the problem began.
Sad to see beat facing such issues, please get the brakes issue fixed on spot to avoid confrontations.

If needed, it's time you escalate this with the senior management of Chevy and see if this can be done under warranty.

Thread Starter #74

deville_56

Honoured Member
Sad to see beat facing such issues, please get the brakes issue fixed on spot to avoid confrontations.

If needed, it's time you escalate this with the senior management of Chevy and see if this can be done under warranty.
Not done in Chevy. It would have been even worse.

Thread Starter #75

deville_56

Honoured Member
Brake continuing to be a big problem. Taken back to Bosch and they overhauled again for free, but problem still persists. Took to another garage (Johnson's Garage) when stuck roadside and they did even more intense workup, still problem persist slightly. They asked to bring back car, will go back this weekend.

Parts:
Brake Rotor x2 ₹ 3,130.00
Rear Wheel Cylinder Assembly x2 ₹ 994.00
Brake Pad Kit ₹ 1,124.00
Brake Fluid ₹ 114.00

Labor:
Brake Overhaul 600.00
Rear Brake Cylinder Changing 400.00
Front Brake Rotor Changing 800.00
Front Brake Pad Changing 300.00
Washing and Cleaning 350.00

Total Bill- 7.8k

Total - 12.5k spent on brake alone in less than 1 year.

Top Bottom