Tata Zest vs Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent vs Ford Figo Sedan

Which is the Best Compact Sedan in India

• Total voters
re: Mega Comparo – Tata Zest vs Maruti Swift Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent vs For

I would like to reiterate once again that this too early to comment friends, something like talking about a 7th month delivered baby, so please reserve your comments till you see those new cars on road

re: Mega Comparo – Tata Zest vs Maruti Swift Dzire vs Honda Amaze vs Hyundai Xcent vs For

I would like to reiterate once again that this too early to comment friends, something like talking about a 7th month delivered baby, so please reserve your comments till you see those new cars on road
from recent line up by TATA, cars behaved exactly what TATA claimed, example STORMEs handling and sumo gold improved drive-ability in city, ARIA in-spite of BOF vehicle behave exactly like how cross over should behave.

as per quality, dont go beyond Vista-manza to evaluate TATA, they have changed a lot, new cars like Vist, manza, Aria, storme, Gold are proved to be good no major issues with them.

would like to reiterate once again that this too early to comment friends, something like talking about a 7th month delivered baby, so please reserve your comments till you see those new cars on road
from recent line up by TATA, cars behaved exactly what TATA claimed, example STORMEs handling and sumo gold improved drive-ability in city, ARIA in-spite of BOF vehicle behave exactly like how cross over should behave.

as per quality, dont go beyond Vista-manza to evaluate TATA, they have changed a lot, new cars like Vist, manza, Aria, storme, Gold are proved to be good no major issues with them.
Well I am inclined to accept what Ranger says, Interiors, fit and finish I am sure will be What is you see is what you get. I am now confident about TATA. However only point of contention is that how the Revotron behaves. What mileage it gives? How is the driving dynamics? How the F-tronic behaves.

Again perception is going to play an important role. We have already started comparing Bolt with Celerio which is flawed. Celerio is in league with Altos, Eons, Santros and i10s, where as Bolt is in i10Grand(maybe), Swift, i20 segment. So the pricing will definitely be higher and no way in comparision to celerio. Just because of presence of AMT in both these vehicles donot make them come in same segment.

So I guess all these points would be crucial in success of Bolt and Zest.

what i have seen is TATA cars wins most of the polls etc but these polls do not result in sales. hardly anyone wants to buy a TATA :p

Thread Starter #35

If REVOTRON engine proves its best in class refinement,reliability and performance means TATA ZEST will be best in class quality and performanced car campare to its competitors and personally i feel that TATA ZEST looks and feels much more premium car ex-specially in that RED Color its looks absolutely fantastic, fabulous Premium looks just like Mercedes Benz A Class in terms of paint quality [clap]

Well I am inclined to accept what Ranger says, Interiors, fit and finish I am sure will be What is you see is what you get. I am now confident about TATA. However only point of contention is that how the Revotron behaves. What mileage it gives? How is the driving dynamics? How the F-tronic behaves.

Again perception is going to play an important role. We have already started comparing Bolt with Celerio which is flawed. Celerio is in league with Altos, Eons, Santros and i10s, where as Bolt is in i10Grand(maybe), Swift, i20 segment. So the pricing will definitely be higher and no way in comparision to celerio. Just because of presence of AMT in both these vehicles donot make them come in same segment.

So I guess all these points would be crucial in success of Bolt and Zest.
TATA are not new in engine RnD and production, remember legendary engine which powers 407,
I feel TATA has sourced more technology from many of its counter parts like fiat, JLRs in development of its petrol engine, lets wait and see.

what i have seen is TATA cars wins most of the polls etc but these polls do not result in sales. hardly anyone wants to buy a TATA :p
from long lets say from around 6 to 7 years I never seen such response to any tata cars, even media got nothing to criticize tata, so lets wait and watch how the vehicle will be positioned and marketed by TATA.

If REVOTRON engine proves its best in class refinement,reliability and performance means TATA ZEST will be best in class quality and performanced car campare to its competitors and personally i feel that TATA ZEST looks and feels much more premium car ex-specially in that RED Color its looks absolutely fantastic, fabulous Premium looks just like Mercedes Benz A Class in terms of paint quality [clap]
Yes this car is more premium looking than its competition, If im in the market to buy swift or any CS ill go for ZEST just because of its design and feature since the reliability is already proven by Manza.

If REVOTRON engine proves its best in class refinement,reliability and performance means TATA ZEST will be best in class
Majority of buyers don't buy Petrol Tata Cars. Fiat's Fire Petrol engine powering various Tata Cars don't sell as much as their diesel counterparts. Honda's 1.2 iVTEC engine can easily be termed as Best In Class followed by Suzuki K12 Engine. Tata needs to match the performance and efficiency combination to interest buyers of both Bolt and Zest Petrol versions.

Thread Starter #38

Majority of buyers don't buy Petrol Tata Cars. Fiat's Fire Petrol engine powering various Tata Cars don't sell as much as their diesel counterparts. Honda's 1.2 iVTEC engine can easily be termed as Best In Class followed by Suzuki K12 Engine. Tata needs to match the performance and efficiency combination to interest buyers of both Bolt and Zest Petrol versions.
but I think this time TATA betting big on petrol powered cars [clap] If REVOTRON engine suprised [surprise] interms of fuel efficiency and performance delievered from this means TATA BOLT and TATA ZEST will give good competition to their revivals [evil]

@nishant,

A few days back autocar had a comparison of 1.2lts engine presently available in INDIA. On paper atleast TATA has a very good engine on its hands. The figures were bettered by only VW and Ford. Surprise, not Honda or Suzuki.

Has anyone sampled the diesel engines of Toyota. They are crude. People still buy Etios and Liva.

Recently I bought a Indica 2007. I was shocked to realize how crude it was. I wouldnt have felt that if I hadnt owned a newer TATA. TATAs have improved by leaps. If only people can let go of their perception.

Thread Starter #40

Just campare paint quality between Benz A class and TATA ZEST [clap]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just campare paint quality between Benz A class and TATA ZEST [clap]
Absolutely. [clap]
This is what I had observed about the Red paint put on Zest and Bolt. Its direct comparision is with Merc and not even VW polo. The feel in pics for Bolt is as if the Paint is wet, and I feel as if its a tasty jam wherein I can just dip in my finger and lick it.
Waiting to see this color in real.

@nishant,

A few days back autocar had a comparison of 1.2lts engine presently available in INDIA. On paper atleast TATA has a very good engine on its hands. The figures were bettered by only VW and Ford. Surprise, not Honda or Suzuki.

Has anyone sampled the diesel engines of Toyota. They are crude. People still buy Etios and Liva.

Recently I bought a Indica 2007. I was shocked to realize how crude it was. I wouldnt have felt that if I hadnt owned a newer TATA. TATAs have improved by leaps. If only people can let go of their perception.

Can you share links for the comparison since Autocar have rated Honda and Suzuki engines higher then any other 1.2L Petrol Engines. I am a bit surprised that VW and Ford have bettered. I have driven friends Polo Petrol and we have a Petrol Figo in our family and thier engines are way behind in terms of refinement, performance compared to Swift, Brio. I am still thinking how VW and Ford were rated higher then Suzuki and Honda

We are talking performance and power of the 1.2l petrols, not refinement. The power and torque figures of Ecoboost and VW's TSI are way higher than any other 1.2l engine.

Last edited:

I can see majority is liking the tata bolt and zest. Pics are really good and technical specification of both bolt & zest is certainly above the competition in the respective segments. My respect towards TATA is simply growing.

Now, the most important part is how to convince the general customers to buy these cars. I think this will be tough. Please note I am not talking about the people like us who has at least some basic knowledge about the technicality of cars / bikes. After the launch of Bolt & Zest i was really excited seeing the pics and spec. I talked about these two cars in my friends circle. But their response is not positive.

I can quote some response---

Friend 1: "Oh bolt is similar to indica vista & Zest looks like indigo CS"
Friend2: " I still do not beleive that these are from TATA" (at least he is indirectly agreeing that products are good)
Friend3: "Looks good. Interior seems to be good. But, still TATA [thinking]"

So, IMO this time TATA has got two nice cars. Now, it is up to their sales & advertisement department whether to make it a hit or miss.

Top Bottom