Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
Funny that a 65 bucks bulb costs 120 bucks labor charge. Way to go Tata!
This is common with all ASCs. Hence I change bulbs myself. Or get really high quality LEDs and be done once and for all.
what my delaer had in stock (right):
Thats pathetic. It will spoil the threads on Air inflator if you have one. Look at the shabby Threading!

Thread Starter #723
Hi Prabhagar,
Its that time of the year for insurance renewal.[:)]
Any idea on the IDV for 4th year.
Last years IDV was around 3,60,500 in my case.
Hi Mukesh,
Yea and I've started poking around insurers' websites for quotes. My IDV was also 3.6 last year and I think 3.3 to 3.5 will be a safe bet this time around. I'll share some more details on my quotes shortly. Most of them hover around 9.5 to 10.5K range for zero dep coverage (expiring policy has 25% NCB and renewal will get 35% on basic premium).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Urgent. Does anyone know is there a limit to change wear and tear items in the p2p package? Can we change things only one time or 2/3 times under p2p scheme.

Hi Mukesh,
Yea and I've started poking around insurers' websites for quotes. My IDV was also 3.6 last year and I think 3.3 to 3.5 will be a safe bet this time around. I'll share some more details on my quotes shortly. Most of them hover around 9.5 to 10.5K range for zero dep coverage (expiring policy has 25% NCB and renewal will get 35% on basic premium).
Hey Prabhagar,
I got a quote from National Insurance.
IDV for this year is 3,19,595 for zero dep.
Will try to match the IDV once your quote comes.

Premium is around 13,868₹.
And NCB is 0 for me, as there was a claim this year too.
Also Tiago clocked 40k kms last week and currently doing around 40,400 kms.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #731
Thrice, from a fellow owner in TN group.
@allhyundaicars, Happened to visit TASC today for a warranty claim and asked your question to my SA. He replied there's no limit in # of claims as long as it is genuine. Tata mandates dealers to photograph the defective product along with car's VIN stamping in order to track such failures.

Premium is around 13,868₹.
And NCB is 0 for me, as there was a claim this year too.
Ok sure, I will share my compiled quotes in a day.

Also Tiago clocked 40k kms last week and currently doing around 40,400 kms.
Very cool. I suppose we both have similar ODOs since the beginning. Mine is now 43K :-)

On a side note, Tata seems to be working on online payments for AMC, services etc along with document downloads on their service website. Check out below link for details.
AMC Login

Last edited:
Re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review: Third Service Update

Yo guys,
Got myself an armrest last week and its a special one [glasses]. It's a DIY setup created by TAIger Gurubhai bypassing almost all negative points of generic / after market arm rests.
  • Fully usable center console bottle holder (the only one in Tiago which can hold a tall and wide bottle.
  • No drilling or screwing required. Fits snuggly between front seats. Chances of being thrown around in a crash are slim.
  • Can use handbrake without lifting the arm piece upward.
  • Install and remove in seconds, no fiddling with alignments.
  • Foam padded, soft fabric for comfort.
  • Costs only Rs 500 :biggrin:

View attachment 228281

Custom made, specially for Tiago:
View attachment 228282

Fully usable center console bottle holder:
View attachment 228283

Gear shifts are a bliss now:
View attachment 228284

Can use handbrake even without lifting the arm up:
View attachment 228285

Blends well with the interiors.
View attachment 228286
Sir I've just got a Tiago XZ for myself and as you know it better that in this car there's only one option to keep 1ltr bottle in the front and when I went to various shops looking for an armrest, all of the shopkeepers have the similar ones which covers bottle holder. Can you help me get this one?

Thread Starter #733
Sir I've just got a Tiago XZ for myself and as you know it better that in this car there's only one option to keep 1ltr bottle in the front and when I went to various shops looking for an armrest, all of the shopkeepers have the similar ones which covers bottle holder. Can you help me get this one?
I apologize for late reply, was caught up with work lately. The one I have was out of a hobby which the maker isn't pursuing now. Have you checked out few other options which were posted in Facebook Atom group?

@mukeshus I owe you an apology on the insurance thing as well. I had to make a claim for a small accident (more on that on a separate post) and hence my premium shot up by around 1.5K. I ended up buying from RoyalSundaram website for 11.2K with zero dep and 3.8L IDV. From prior experience of Chennai Tiago owners, they are pretty good at settling claims and only have 1000 bucks mandatory deductible. Salvage amount not charged on us.

1559295944934.png

I apologize for late reply, was caught up with work lately. The one I have was out of a hobby which the maker isn't pursuing now. Have you checked out few other options which were posted in Facebook Atom group?

@mukeshus I owe you an apology on the insurance thing as well. I had to make a claim for a small accident (more on that on a separate post) and hence my premium shot up by around 1.5K. I ended up buying from RoyalSundaram website for 11.2K with zero dep and 3.8L IDV. From prior experience of Chennai Tiago owners, they are pretty good at settling claims and only have 1000 bucks mandatory deductible. Salvage amount not charged on us.

View attachment 260314
Hey Prabhagar,
Thank you for this info.
I got a maximum IDV of 3,30,000, and renewed my premium with zero dep cover for 14,188/-
And its again National Insurance with no additional add-on cover available.
Vehicle almost nearing 41,000 kms and planning to go for the engine oil change in the next week.
As this is the first time i have retained this engine oil for so long.
During the 30,000 kms service the last Gold AMC service (that happened with 28,850 kms on ODO).
Good years are doing fine, have already got a set of Michelins XM2 that i am planning to get it installed in a month or two.

Thread Starter #735
7th Scheduled Service (3 years / 45K KM)

This was done on 23rd April when my car was 2 years and 10 months old and 42K on odo (but had done 15K since previous oil change). Here's the list of items I handed over along with job card.

Service_Items.jpg

Scheduled items were done by ASC folks without a fuss. My original intent was to try out Liqui Moly Molygen 5W30 but then my car needed ACEA A5/B5 spec which wasn't available in their Molygen range. After some more digging online & with friends, I chose Tata Motors' recommended Castrol oil can for now. Also, the regular oil used by all TASCs (in barrels) is the same as this Castrol, but I still went with can because its sealed. Also, I poured in Liqui Moly oil additive because the can was only 3.2L vs 3.5 required as per manual.

Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W30 (ACEA A5/B5):
1559491550161.jpeg
1559491562802.jpeg

Problem items were not resolved to my complete satisfaction. Again some of it was due to my limited time available that day, combined with the low severity of them.
  1. Tensioner pulley was found kaput and would cost around 2K for a new one. Initially they claimed it isn't part of extended warranty and asked me to wait for a couple of days to confirm. Later it was replaced after about a month, claimed under extended warranty.
  2. Entire rod was replaced instead of the broken plastic. I don't crib for this one.
  3. Steering was slightly tilted to right side and they claimed to have done calibration which apparently won't solve this.
  4. Nothing was done here .
  5. They didn't even understand my problem and I too didn't have the time to address this in detail.
  6. Noticed a small stain of oil when under belly was washed at a car wash place sometime back. Again, they neither checked nor updated me about this.
  7. Door trim opened and fixed.
  8. Rubber strips were stuck on the resting sides of parcel tray for a snug fit. Jugaad but not a bad one.
  9. Claimed to have been checked but I am not sure.

Parcel Tray Jugaad:
1559491892033.jpeg

Dirty Air Filter:
1559492003577.png

Faulty Auto Tensioner Pulley: Replaced after about a month, under extended warranty.
1559492176076.jpeg

Invoice: This is after a 10% discount offer during my visit (for casting my vote [lol])
Tiago 7th Service Bill.png

PS: Today (2nd June) is the 3rd anniversary of my Tiago since D day [:D]. Stay tuned for next update with the small accident and my insurance claim experience. Until then, buckle up and drive safe!

1559493562848.jpeg

Top Bottom