Tata Nexon Creative Plus MT or Skoda Kushaq Ambition 1.0 TSI MT? Please Guide

Thread Starter #1
Hi Team,

I am planning to buy a new car. I am currently confused with the recently launched Nexon Creative Plus variant and the Skoda Kushaq Ambition 1.0 TSI MT.
Nexon on-road will cost me around 14-15L* and Kushaq around 16-17L* (Without considering any discounts for now). I will be doing a down payment of around 8-10L as well for either of the model and remaining would be EMI.
My monthly salary is around 1.6L. I don't have any ongoing EMI and can allocate 30-40% of my salary towards the EMI.

For me, the priority list in descending order is - Safety, Performance and then features. Safety stands at the top.

My plan will be to keep the vehicle for a longer period. This will be the first car in the family and I need your inputs what would be the best option for me to purchase in terms of the:
1. Priority list (Safety, Performance, features)
2. Budget (If I should consider any other vehicle with lower budget based on the income)
3. Maintenance etc.

Request you to provide your inputs.

Thanks.

350Z

Core Team
My plan will be to keep the vehicle for a longer period. This will be the first car in the family and I need your inputs what would be the best option for me to purchase in terms of the:
Hi. Welcome aboard! If you’re looking in the region of ₹17 Lakh, I’d strongly advice to consider the Honda Elevate. It’s a well-equipped, much more spacious and a reliable package that also promises a decent resale value.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi, if we consider the options provided by you, I will personally prefer Skoda Kushaq over Nexon due to the following reasons:-

1. As your first priority is Safety, there will be no problems regarding the same with Kushaq as the car has scored 5 star rting in Global NCAP, which is the same as scored by Nexon.
2. When the criteria is Performance, obviously VAG cars have much better drivability and fun factor associated with the cars, making them true drivers' car.
3. When compared with aspect of features, Nexon would be having new and better features than Kushaq, as it is recently facelifted.

Remember, the servicing of both the brands is a hit and miss, specifically Skoda, because even after so many years of this brand in India, the dealerships do not have proper knowledge of dealing with the issues in the cars and are often found ill-treating the car. Further, high maintenance costs can be also a issue with Skodas, and the solution is to opt for Servicing AMCs and Extended Warranty.

Since, its your first car, you surely like to have a flawless experience, it is better to take a look at Brezza or Grand Vitara as they are the no-nonsense cars, capable of munching miles without breaking a sweat. Brezza has a satisfactory safety rating of 4 star, but the Grand Vitara is still not sent for tests. On the performance front, these cars are not performance oriented, but they are engines are well refined and as per your budget, you can get decent features as well. The servicing and maintencing is also no issue with these cars.

Happy Motoring !

Top Bottom