Right Time To Sell Ritz Petrol With Less Depreciation?

kkn13

Suspended
Yes, am planning to buy a petrol SUV (Creta or VB or Duster) Am pretty much happy with the Ritz petrol performance and its very fuel efficient in high way.

So in a confused state, whether to sell this off now or continue to use it for a year. Just wanted to make sure that it wont depreciate much as the model has been stopped.
From my understanding, it wont depreciate much further
probably itll be worth 2L even 3 years down the line
Marutis have good resale as such thanks to parts even years after getting discontinued
My 2005 Swift was bought for 5L, sold for 2.7L in late 2011, just to give another example
Ritz is pretty popular in cabbie market too

^^ My personal views, final call is of course yours

PS- How much is the valuation for your car so far?

Thread Starter #17
From my understanding, it wont depreciate much further
probably itll be worth 2L even 3 years down the line
Marutis have good resale as such thanks to parts even years after getting discontinued
My 2005 Swift was bought for 5L, sold for 2.7L in late 2011, just to give another example
Ritz is pretty popular in cabbie market too

^^ My personal views, final call is of course yours

PS- How much is the valuation for your car so far?
2 L in next 3 years is too much depreciation. If i sell now, i would be getting somewhere around 4.2 L

kkn13

Suspended
2 L in next 3 years is too much depreciation. If i sell now, i would be getting somewhere around 4.2 L
2L = price of car in worst case scenario, not depreciation amount in case you misunderstood

Only one thing remains -
Do you need the car

In my opinion, its a good car and a bit early to sell off
Parts, resale etc wont be affected much at all at a later time too
Only keep it if you have a use for it etc
If you want , keep it for 6-8 months more and see if you require etc
No harm in that
Rushing and taking a decision like this could lead to regret such as in my case where we are unable to take a stand on what cars we want to replace the 2 cars we sold off
Every car we seem to be checking out, lack some shockingly major basics even the more expensive cars

I know in your case, youll be happy with the Creta and all but I feel its best to keep the Ritz for a while and see if you need to keep or sell after a while
Both options are equally confusing :D

Top Bottom