Punto Vibrates After Applying Brakes

Thread Starter #16
I have come across brake pads getting worne out pre maturely in few cases due to various reasons. But break disks, no way. @9.8 k kms is way too less for this. Dont buy the service centre argument. Push for warranty replacement. Contact Mr.Suresh (Service GM at KHT) or if need be Mr Adit (KHT head). They will help you out.
Including Extended warranty, it should be 4 years. So, please dont agree to pay from you pocket for break disks. Push for the claim.
I called the service guys now, they told that break pad will cost around 3500 and will not cover warranty. However, after breakpad they will check the break disc, if that is also need to be replaced, they will replace it under warranty. The criteria they told me is that vehicle must be less than 2 years old or less than 15K KM. So, mine will be covered under this.

Thanks Carfreak and Dharmesh for your response

@sooz

You thing will get covered under warranty without any doubt, ask them to replace the things free of cost or you contact Fiat local branch. It is ridiculous that within 10k km break pads worn out is that a old model bicycle or what[:)]

^^ Good to know that your query was addressed by the service centre folks. Btw, have you opted for Extended Warranty from FIAT?

Thread Starter #19
^^ Good to know that your query was addressed by the service centre folks. Btw, have you opted for Extended Warranty from FIAT?
I think at the time of buying Punto, they have mentioned this and I have the extended warrenty, But still I have to check. I can check with my documents right?

I called the service guys now, they told that break pad will cost around 3500 and will not cover warranty. However, after breakpad they will check the break disc, if that is also need to be replaced, they will replace it under warranty. The criteria they told me is that vehicle must be less than 2 years old or less than 15K KM. So, mine will be covered under this.

Thanks Carfreak and Dharmesh for your response
Brake pads should also be covered under warranty, don't hesitate and shoot the mails to fiat.
One of my friend Rohit got both of these things replaced under warranty. The issue needs rotors to be replaced.

Thread Starter #22
Brake pads should also be covered under warranty, don't hesitate and shoot the mails to fiat.
One of my friend Rohit got both of these things replaced under warranty. The issue needs rotors to be replaced.
@ Vivek, did your friend got from FIAT only? If yes, definitely I will drop a mail to fiat.

Actually first rotors were changed and then the pads, saying that pads will damage the rotors and they were charged by FASS(Exclusive).

He told me about it and we(me and some fellow fiatians) directed him to shoot some mails, which resulted in the refund of pads amount.

If these parts are not covered on warranty then i would suggest to find a local reputed workshop and check out what they can do for you.
Normally some brake pads will get hard if the car is not used frequently,resulting in this type of vibrations while braking.
But i do not think it will affect the rotor if the brake pad gets hard.
If it had scratched the rotor then it can be faced/polished so there is no need of a rotor replacement.
The dealer would recommend a replacement as they do not have the facility to face/polish at their place.
Even the brake pad if there is enough pad left can be used by soaking it in brake fluid for ten minutes(this may soften the pad) then scraping a layer out with a sand paper.
These process is successfully done for years.
This process would not affect the further warranty as we are using the original brake pads.

But still i feel that you can claim it from fiat as it is the manufacturing defect.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
Hi TAIans,

Today I visited the KHT motors and they told that they will check with Mr. Ramesh who is the FIAT Technical dept. head and will let me know tomorrow. When I asked about the warranty, they checked about my car buying year and then could not speak much. The mechanic came and the engineer asked him to take the vehicle and check. But the mechanic guy told he already took the test drive and this is not a new issue so definitely the parts have to be changed.Finally it is decided that, they will call me tomorrow eve about the warranty and i have to go on Monday to get it replaced. Mostly what i predicted that they will do it with Warranty as the odo did not touch 10K yet. Update you guys soon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
Hi TAIans,
Just now called the KHT SA Bharat to know my status. He told that the technical person from Fiat refused to give the break pad under warranty, however the break discs will be replaced under warranty. He told me to conatct Shivram from KHT who can give me a clear picture. I spoke with him too but the result is same. He told if it is 3000 or 5000 KM, they would have replaced it with warranty. Now including labor charge it will cost me 3750 rupees (3300+450). Immediately i called the FIAT mumbai number and got the mail id to escalate this issue. I dropped a mail to mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com asking the same as per the instruction. Let's see what they say. Is it worth to spend this money now from my pocket or I should force fiat to do it under warranty?

Thread Starter #27
Got a response from Mangesh too saying the same that wear and tear items will not cover under warranty. However, they will be get back to me as soon as possible. He has also CCed KHT GM suresh and Ramesh Gandhi and few other mails in the response. Do not know how to deal with it. Any suggestions?

Have the discs gone kaput too? If yes then you can very well shoot a mail to explain the reason how the dics wear that fast. I cannot digest the fact which has been stated to you. I have seen many cars which are not used on daily basis and they are still running on their OE discs!

^^ Akash, as far as I understand, he is getting discs replaced under warranty as its a manufacturing hitch. Dilemma exists for break pads as to whether covered or not.

@ SOOZ_PUNTO, good you mailed Mangesh of Fiat Pune. He is quite pro-active and have seen him getting personally involved in resolving customer issues.

Got a response from Mangesh too saying the same that wear and tear items will not cover under warranty. However, they will be get back to me as soon as possible. He has also CCed KHT GM suresh and Ramesh Gandhi and few other mails in the response. Do not know how to deal with it. Any suggestions?
If you need reference of my friend's case to be used then you are welcome, BTW his was 12K on odo and got the refund after shooting some mails.

Top Bottom