My Tata Tiago Diesel XZ - Blue Dolphin

Fingers crossed, hoping your issue will be fixed properly. Please keep us posted.

Entire dashboard was rattling for me (kinda like a paper rattle) when engine was on load. TASS guys rectified it with my complaint in TMSC app. Later I found this foam damping when I opened this panel to access OBD port:

View attachment 206826
Hi could you explain what is OBD ?
Also is your rattling issue solved ?

Hi
I have got my car yesterday, as per the kht motors they have changed some parameters in ecu. It seems this is done with Tata motors help. They have tested cold starts n it's working fine now.
I checked it today morning , the idling after cold starts is fine. However I need to test it more and also check in hillstation cold start which is the actual problem.
Gokul
Good to hear that. Hope this is a minor issue. Pls keep us updated in this issue.

Thread Starter #33
Good to hear that. Hope this is a minor issue. Pls keep us updated in this issue.
Yes the idling is changed now and the way it starts is also different now with less smoke.
I will need to observe the same keeping the car for idle for 2-3 days and see how it is behaving.
However, Im satisfied with the diagnosis and problem being solved. Let me also try to reproduce the same in hilly area may be next month.

One observation is the car is lot smoother now during the cold start.

Regards,
Gokul

Yes the idling is changed now and the way it starts is also different now with less smoke.
I will need to observe the same keeping the car for idle for 2-3 days and see how it is behaving.
However, Im satisfied with the diagnosis and problem being solved. Let me also try to reproduce the same in hilly area may be next month.

One observation is the car is lot smoother now during the cold start.

Regards,
Gokul
Good to hear that. Keep us posted with the updates.

So finally Tata is hearing and trying to get the issues resolved.

Way to go Tata[clap]

Thread Starter #35
Update:

The issue is not seen now after the ECU update almost covered 500+ kms after the update.

Bluetooth connectivity stopped working recently, need to check with TASS - anyone is facing this issue?

BR,
Gokul

Thread Starter #36
Clocked 7500 kms on the odo:

completed the second free service yesterday, below were the issues reported:

> mud in fuel tank
SA after service : Told they have done some tilting of the lid, still mud is getting accumulated.

> pulling left
SA after service : they swapped the front 2 tyres.

> Bluetooth not working
SA after service : This is working now.

> Noise from right hand side steering column when going on lose gravel/small potholes
SA after service : This is common across all the tiagos , checked in other tiagos.

Overall the washing & cleaning was satisfactory.

One issue I forgot to highlight is the gear lever vibration in my diesel tiago, this is causing sometimes the slotting issue to 1 & 2 gears. It sometimes gives a kick-backs from gear lever very peculiarly.

Costed me 300 for the service - some washer, blah,blah,blah...

The car is performing well in highways and returns a mileage of 19-20 km/ltr in city (MID), tank full should be around 17.

Im planning for a trip this weekend of 2000 kms. Will update the highway mileage post trip.

In the past have seen it giving good mileage if maintained consistent speeds of 80-100 kmph.

Regards,
Gokul

> mud in fuel tank
SA after service : Told they have done some tilting of the lid, still mud is getting accumulated.
They should have applied a sealant (preferably transparent) for this issue.

> Bluetooth not working
SA after service : This is working now.
Harman software update? If I'm not wrong, 1.4 is the latest version.

> Noise from right hand side steering column when going on lose gravel/small potholes
SA after service : This is common across all the tiagos , checked in other tiagos.
I too get this sporadically on my petrol Tiago. More so towards the right AC vent.

Overall the washing & cleaning was satisfactory.
That's a surprise to me [evil].

Costed me 300 for the service - some washer, blah,blah,blah...
As usual, dealer looting.

Thread Starter #38
Hi TAI'ians,

Its been quite sometime since I updated the post, In the meantime I have completed the 7.5k kms service.

2nd service:
Issue reported was fog lamp cover fallen
Cost:200 rs. for some consumables..

Now the vehicle is @9000 kms and performing well.

Im getting some whistle noise from rear wheels. Doubting if the brakes are getting jammed against the wheel hubs - need to visit the TASS..

In the meatime have done 2 trips..

1> Chennai - Bangalore round trip ---
Onward journey started @8pm and reached around 2 pm in chennai with a small break in saravana bhavan @kolar. Maintained constant speeds the DTE was showing 30 kmpl overall for 330 kms.

Return journey started @3pm in chennai reached bangalore @7.15, was driving @120+ kmph and some places reached 150. Return journey was around 20 kmpl.

Car performs well at high speeds, the only downside was the engine not powers full for this car.

Today one of my colleague wanted to test drive vitara brezza, I went with him I was shocked to see the quality of plastics and the nvh inside, its really pathetic. The car is not at all of any quality that u feel good about. The engine noise is clearly heard inside very loudly. I didnt like a bit of anything of this car other than the looks.

The space also is not that good..

Regards,
Gokul

Hi TAI'ians,

Its been quite sometime since I updated the post, In the meantime I have completed the 7.5k kms service.

2nd service:
Issue reported was fog lamp cover fallen
Cost:200 rs. for some consumables..

Now the vehicle is @9000 kms and performing well.

Im getting some whistle noise from rear wheels. Doubting if the brakes are getting jammed against the wheel hubs - need to visit the TASS..

Regards,
Gokul
Thanks for the update Gokul. Some quick questions for you:
- Did you align your wheels every 5000 KM ? If so, where did you get it done and for how much?
- Do you hear whistle noise all the time or just when braking? If it sounds all the time, it could be wheel bearing gone kaput.

Thread Starter #40
Thanks for the update Gokul. Some quick questions for you:
- Did you align your wheels every 5000 KM ? If so, where did you get it done and for how much?
- Do you hear whistle noise all the time or just when braking? If it sounds all the time, it could be wheel bearing gone kaput.
There was slight left pull from the time I had bought the car, But didnt bother untill 4.5k kms. Tried doing wheel-alignment and balance from outside. There was slight steering mis-alignment. Again after few days during the second service asked service center to check at that time SA was saying WA & balancing are not needed for new cars atleast for 15 k kms. The steering is now perfect and no pull to left or right..

FYI, the same thing I faced in my ertiga during earlier run-in after it was fixed at 5k kms by the service center (pratham motors, had to visit many times) , I never used to do the WA & balancing until it is really necessary..The tires where really good at 50K kms, should have lasted at least for another 30k kms.

So, dont do WA & Balancing if everything is fine..My alto k10 was never done WA & alignment at 23K kms the tires where absolutely fine and steering was perfect at high speeds..

Whistle noise is very intermittent and observations are that they are heard irrespective of whether I apply brakes, so not sure on the cause.

Regards,
Gokul

@gokul4h you ownership review is very good and unbiased.

"So, dont do WA & Balancing if everything is fine..My alto k10 was never done WA & alignment at 23K kms the tires where absolutely fine and steering was perfect at high speeds.." this the correct statement.

-suryaputhra

@gokul4h, as navnit013 said, still improper assembly of stem oils seals, valve seating and pistons rings possibility is there, if not issuse with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst. How about fuel economy , any engine oil consumption observed?. Coolant reservoir should be checked regularly.

-suryaputhra

Again after few days during the second service asked service center to check at that time SA was saying WA & balancing are not needed for new cars atleast for 15 k kms.
Ironic, they aligned my wheels during first service even without my request. They have also stuck a leaflet in my sun visor for next wheel alignment after 5000 KM. [lol]
On a side note, I still prefer to rotate tires and align wheels every 5K or so.

Thread Starter #44
@gokul4h, as navnit013 said, still improper assembly of stem oils seals, valve seating and pistons rings possibility is there, if not issuse with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst. How about fuel economy , any engine oil consumption observed?. Coolant reservoir should be checked regularly.

-suryaputhra
Hi Suryaputhra,

Could you direct me to navnit013 link, Sorry for my ignorance. Im unable to see the comments from navnit013 is from which post..

This car is for fuel economy, its easily @19 km/ltr in city which translates to 17.5 km/ltr (tank full method) and highway varies on speed from 20 to 30 km/ltr (120-150 kmph to 80-90kmph)..

At the moment collent and engine oil everything is fine.

Regards,
Gokul

Thread Starter #45
Update:

10,000 kms reached in < 5 months and the car is behaving well.

Now the turbo kick is very evident.
Love this car for the mileage,space and convenience it offers.

only issue to be sorted is the whistle noise from rear - yet to take it to TASS.

overall content customer until now.

first time to see the avg/ltr touching 18.5 km/ltr, it has always been above 19 km/ltr.
This time I had filled it from shell normal diesel. Somehow my exp. with shell has not been good, even with my thunderbird 350 its the same I used to get less FE compared to IOC.

steering return feature is awesome and xz makes fall in love with the car with all the convenience it offers.

One thing I dislike about the car is the brakes, it takes some distance too get the bite which is unusual from maruti exp.which immediate bite. Not sure if this good or bad as i have not driven german autos so couldnt compare.

Need help: Can someone let me know If I can edit the title, basically I want to update it with my mileage covered.

Last edited:

Top Bottom