My New Maruti Ertiga VXi Firebrick Red

Absolutely right.It did happened with me to,they tried to push me with VXi(non ABS) model,when i asked for ABS,Reasons:
1.do u drive daily?no then,why do need it?
2.ABS tend to brake much faster then non abs,which may damage your vehicle.[frustration]
3.If an ABS part fails,you might have to shell out 35k for repairs.
4.Your car delivery can require 2-3 months.

I do think that a guy who is spending 8 lakhs for his car,wont mind spending 10k more ..
I am sure SA was trying to sell you a non-ABS vehicle as they had non ABS version Ertiga with them. One can skip ABS if they drive only in city and that too in congested traffic. ABS comes in handy during sudden braking and stops the wheels from locking. Normally ABS costs 25-35k extra but if it costs only 10k then even if the car is meant to be used for city purpose i shall go with ABS version only.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #33
I had to wait 3 months even for the non abs one.. :( ABS one he once said they stopped manufacturing and all.. buggers!

I had to wait 3 months even for the non abs one.. :( ABS one he once said they stopped manufacturing and all.. buggers!
Do SA lie deliberately or are they forced to lie my their managers who want to sell cars as soon as possible to meet their monthly sales target? I have seen SA lieing regularly for even small things. Decisions regarding ABS and non ABS equipped variants are serious decisions that owner of a car should do. owner shouldn't be forced on to a choice by SA.[anger]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #35
Do SA lie deliberately or are they forced to lie my their managers who want to sell cars as soon as possible to meet their monthly sales target? I have seen SA lieing regularly for even small things. Decisions regarding ABS and non ABS equipped variants are serious decisions that owner of a car should do. owner shouldn't be forced on to a choice by SA.[anger]

Regards,
Sankar
Thing is they force the costumers with there idea's and miss information.. at the end they say it's your wish.. I was only suggesting.. So tomorrow no one can question them.. Cunning people..

All they care about is sales and rating at the end..

Last edited:
Thing is they force the costumers with there idea's and miss information.. at the end they say it's your wish.. I was only suggesting. So tomorrow no one can question them.. Cunning people..

All they care about is sales and rating at the end..
Hmm true some of them speak as though they know any car inside out. For example before i decided on purchasing Dzire LDi i had went to Hyundai's dealer for a look at Verna. I told the SA that i was laso interested in Dzire which is much cost effective option.

SA immediately replied :-

SA-Sir all Dzire now sold are crap as they come with DDis engines. Currently fiat doesn't supply engines to Maruti.

Me - Mr SA Maruti Suzuki doesn't have the know how to produce there own diesel engine. They are using the same Fiat Multijet engine which now s licence produce by Maruti at their plant. Even all parts are same if you compare with Fiat Punto.

SA - No sir, Maruti's cars now come with DDis engine and not Fiat's engine as they have ended their cooperation.

Me - Is it? But i just read in last month's Autocar magazine that Fiat is producing 100000 engines and gearbox for Maruti due to building constraints at Maruti's plant.

SA - Sir all those magazines lie a lot. The truth is if you buy a Maruti Diesel now they you are going to suffer.

Me - Lets talk about Verna and its specs please.

Later i had a tough time explaining to my what the reality was. I had to visit a Tata showroom for broucher on Tata Vista and Fiat Punto to show to my dad that everything including torque figures where identical to Dzire engine and Maruti still uses Fiat's engine technology.

This is my personal experience of an SA lieing just to defame a good product and to try to sell their own product.[anger]

Regards,
Sankar

Hmm SA was a total idiot. As far as my knowledge goes Suzuki doesn't have a self developed small capacity deisel motor right?

Regards,
Sankar
Hahahaha, no Maruti only source their diesel engines from Fiat at present.

But it is not a surprise with Hyundai SA and you will get same experience if you visit a Maruti SA as he will also tell you some unbelievable things[lol] both are same and crap according to me.

Hahahaha, no Maruti only source their diesel engines from Fiat at present.

But it is not a surprise with Hyundai SA and you will get same experience if you visit a Maruti SA as he will also tell you some unbelievable things[lol] both are same and crap according to me.
I suppose it's SA job to do whatever it takes to sell their products and meet sales target. But the methods they use really annoys me.[anger]

Regards,
Sankar

I am sure SA was trying to sell you a non-ABS vehicle as they had non ABS version Ertiga with them. One can skip ABS if they drive only in city and that too in congested traffic. ABS comes in handy during sudden braking and stops the wheels from locking. Normally ABS costs 25-35k extra but if it costs only 10k then even if the car is meant to be used for city purpose i shall go with ABS version only.

Regards,
Sankar
Yes i certainly got away with ABS version.

There was a incident which happened with me year ago.It was Ganpati Festival,an we regularly go to our native place,in Konkan region,place called Kankavli approximately 550kms from mumbai. At that time it was raining so heavily,trains were almost closed due to landslide,and the only way was NH-17.
It was raining like hell, was driving,in Kashedi Ghat, among the dangerous ghat,there was a intense curve and steep slope downward,as soon as i approached the slope ,i started braking from 40kph.
No sooner did i realized,slippery feeling,my car was gliding downward,as like no resistance,and a maruti ECCO about 15 meters away which was full stopped.(Panic situation)
Feeling like grease is applied on the tire.
Somehow,It managed to stop(don`t know how),but luckily managed to escape,bumper to bumper collusion by 2 centimeters(got off the vehicle checked it).
Luckily my vehicle did n `t drifted or Skidded off the road.There did i realized importance of ABS in car.

Mistake:At such situation i should have pumped the brake repeatedly.

Hmm, That looks to be dangerous in such ghats buddy !! yes that works quite well and gives you the same effect of ABS, but most of us forget that because of the panic situation at those times[:)]

There was a incident which happened with me year ago.It was Ganpati Festival,an we regularly go to our native place,in Konkan region,place called Kankavli approximately 550kms from mumbai. At that time it was raining so heavily,trains were almost closed due to landslide,and the only way was NH-17.
It was raining like hell, was driving,in Kashedi Ghat, among the dangerous ghat,there was a intense curve and steep slope downward,as soon as i approached the slope ,i started braking from 40kph.
No sooner did i realized,slippery feeling,my car was gliding downward,as like no resistance,and a maruti ECCO about 15 meters away which was full stopped.(Panic situation)
Feeling like grease is applied on the tire.
Somehow,It managed to stop(don`t know how),but luckily managed to escape,bumper to bumper collusion by 2 centimeters(got off the vehicle checked it).
Luckily my vehicle did n `t drifted or Skidded off the road.There did i realized importance of ABS in car.

Hi Patkar,

That was one hell of a lucky escape. ABS really is an important safety feature. Alas my Dzire Tour LDi doesn't come with one. I am searching through internet if Bosch ABS kits can be fitted into my car.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom