My New Honda City in White - The Albus

I would suggest that whenever u buy from Aliexpress.com dont choose shipping by China Post. I have not received the products since last 3-4 months.
I have received most of my parcels. It takes about 20-25 days with Hong Kong Post. China Post takes between 50-70 days.

I had ordered the Shark fin Antenna, License Plate Bulbs, Uncut 2 Button Flip Remote KEY Shell Case for Honda Crv Accord Fit Civic Free Shipping-in Alarm Systems & Security from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group, Pre-Flickering Stop Lights, Door Lock Protectors and Door Check Arm Covers.

Ordered Yesterday :
Luminous Key Ring Cover and Non slip Door Pocket Pads

Next on the List :
LED Turn Indicators, LED Reverse Projector Lights and H11 Fog Lights.

----

I was also Looking for some replacement headlights for my Mulberry.
I found some listings which use between 1-3 Cree LED Chips and provide over 3000 Lumens of Light.

The H4 fittings come with both Hi and Low beams. Please see the links below

Newest 3600LM H4 Hi/Lo

2x Latest Suitable for All Cars High Lumen

Any comments.

Attachments

Hello,

Updates about my 11/11 Aliexpress purchase but once again I'm disappointed.

Today I have received the door lock covers after 70 days of wait. However, they couldn't fit properly to the buckle. The design of the covers look correct but either they won't affix or if force pressed, they pop out after a while. I guess the problem is with the notches of the covers that is made to fit into buckle. May be I should sand-out those notches and use 3m double-sided tape to affix the covers.

As of quality, I feel they are counterfeits because they are not like those bought by Dr. MUDHAN. No logo or brand name, no sealed packet, edge finishing is not perfect and looks flimsy. Thickness of plastic is good though. So not recommended to buy these.

I have sent message to the seller regarding this issue and looking for refund.

Attaching snapshots for reference.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello all,

Updates about my 11/11 Aliexpress purchase, the cigar-lighter based mobile holder with USB charger. Fortunately most of my purchases reached me now, except two which are not related to vehicle.

Review: First of all, I like the built quality and finishing of the product. It cannot be better then this, especially being a unbranded product. It has two USB ports of 3.1A each but I have not tested it yet. It has an LED which turns ON when powered so I believe the product is working. However, I had trouble fixing it comfortably, I mean it obstructs the gear lever/knob, especially when putting to 5th gear but I managed it somehow and still trying better ways to fit it. Please check the snapshots below.

The reason I choice this product is because it holds the mobile using cigar-lighter socket and such mobile holders are rare to find. There are lots of mobile holders with suction cups and I even bought those before but they never satisfied me. The suction cup couldn't hold properly or fall off eventually either due to vehicle vibration.

Cost: US $9.49

Link: 360 Mini Universal Car Moblie Phone holder Mount mobile car Cell phone&GPS stand holder phone holders Free Shipping Wholesale -in Holders & Stands from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Snapshots:

Cigar_Mobile_Holder_05.JPG
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_06.JPG
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_07.JPG
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_08.JPG Cigar_Mobile_Holder_09.JPG
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_00.jpg

Cigar_Mobile_Holder_01.jpg
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_02.jpg
Cigar_Mobile_Holder_03.jpg Cigar_Mobile_Holder_04.JPG
*Gear lever is put to 5th position

Updates on door lock buckle covers: The seller made partial refund of 1.25$ out of 2.55$. However, I could fit the covers properly by slightly sanding the buckle hook holes.

Door_Lock_Buckle_Cover_01.JPG

Thats it for now.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
CRACING, the cigar-lighter socket phone holder is indeed a novel idea. I only wish that it came with a longer goose-neck so that it cleared the gear shift knob and the a/c controls by a good margin. Also, while on the move, looking down at the phone when a call comes in takes your eye off the road horizontal plane - not altogether a good thing. It may be a good idea to see if you can find a longer goose-neck that can be modified to fit this unit.

Sorry to hear about your door latch covers. The ones I got, which happens to be from the same vendor as Dr. Mudhan's, has a 'click-to-fit' perfection about it, almost OEM.

Last edited:
Hello,

CRACING, the cigar-lighter socket phone holder is indeed a novel idea. I only wish that it came with a longer goose-neck so that it cleared the gear shift knob and the a/c controls by a good margin.
Yes you wished it right. If look over seller listing in Aliexpress, he has attached a snapshot of one mobile holder which has longer goose-neck but the angle is different then the one I bought.

Also, while on the move, looking down at the phone when a call comes in takes your eye off the road horizontal plane - not altogether a good thing.
Good finding. [clap]

Even the GPS navigation may interrupt road concentration but I think suction cup based mobile holders will only solve such issues as they will fix right into windshield.

It may be a good idea to see if you can find a longer goose-neck that can be modified to fit this unit.
Nope, the goose-neck is sealed. :redface:

Sorry to hear about your door latch covers. The ones I got, which happens to be from the same vendor as Dr. Mudhan's, has a 'click-to-fit' perfection about it, almost OEM.
It was the finishing fault and not perfecting designed nor tested. i.e Some mobile covers which won't fit properly because they are not designed accurately.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thank you Dr. Mudhan for starting this wonderful & informative thread. I am shocked how could be I unaware of this wonderful forum. This is my first post on this forum. I have read your entire thread and I really appreciate your effort and your passion about your car. I am also passionate about cars and driving (safely).

Something about me: I am a software professional working at Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra with reputed software company. I stay at Thane, Maharashtra. Currently I have Honda City 1.5 S MT 2011 model. I have also done some modifications not as great as you but as per my likings which are listed below. I also maintain my car myself. I have enough detailing materials which I use to keep my car clean & shining.

Modifications done till date:
- I have fitted the Lovato sequential CNG kit in my car. I am happy with it. One can hardly tell that car is running on CNG.
- I have inserted "Coil spring adjuster" in rear suspension to improve GC (little bit, not significantly) but mainly to improve the ride with 3 people sitting at rear seat. Previously ride was very bumpy at higher speed (> 60 KMPH) if car is fully loaded. After fitting this adjuster, ride is pretty much smooth. I am happy with this modification. It is 100% reversible so no risk.
- I have changed the bulb of head light to Philips Xtreme Vision with same rating as OEM bulbs. I do long drives and mostly I prefer night driving so I am satisfied with this change.

Modifications on list (after going through this thread):
- I would like chrome plated handle cover & chrome plated front grill.
- I want fog lamps too if budget permits.
- I want OVRM cover with indicators.

I am little bit skeptical to order stuff from Chinese websites because there is no guarantee about the quality of the item and longer shipping time. Let's see If I can get my pending things from Indian website or local dealer.

Dr. Mudhan,
I hope you don't mind I am posting in your thread without your permission. But your thread really became an encyclopedia for ANHC (All New Honda City) so I think it would be good to have information in one place rather than scattered at several places.

Mods:
I have forgot to mention one mod that I already have done is that I have upgraded the tyres on my car. Currently I have Michelin XM2 195/60/R15 on my car. I clocked ~10K Kms on these tyres. I am really satisfied with this modification. XM2 is far far better than my stock Good Year. Good Year was very noisy on highways with >80 KMPH. XM2 is really silent and comfortable too. I am not happy with the ANHC's suspension system, at low speed passenger will feel each & every pot holes & bumps on the road. With XM2 it was greatly reduced and now ride became pretty much smooth. It performed really well in rainy season too. There is little bit body roll while cornering but I am ok with that.

Horn/LED light for cabin:
Recently I have upgraded horn. My car came with single (poor) horn. It was really smaller than what now a days comes in bikes (see in image). Stock one was from Hella. I have upgraded to Minda Trumpet (Skoda type) dual horn. I got it and fitted it from local auto accessories store. For horn, relay & labour, I paid 750 INR. I have also fitted LED in cabin dome light too from the same shop and paid 150 INR for that. I am very much satisfied with the performance of horn and LED light in the cabin. I went for single PCB of LEDs in the cabin, as of now I am satisfied with the bright white light. It is very much brighter than the stock yellow bulb. Sound of horn is really sweet. Usually I avoid to honk unless it is really necessary and safety concern.

Chrome plated handle cover:
I have tried to find it from the Indian online store and local shop but I didn't find it so I have ordered it from aliexpress and seller had already shipped it so its on the way.[clap]

Still ORVM cover with indicator and chrome plated grill are pending. I have enquired the local shop and he said he can order the chrome plated grill and quoted the price of 4K. If I don't get anywhere else then I will ask him to source it for me.

Sound Dampening:
Has anybody yet did sound dampening in their ANHC? If yes then please share the experience. If you know the DIY information then it would be good. I am also consedering sound dampening for my ANHC as DIY. Is it really make the difference? I want it to reduce the outside noise and not specifically for any music system.

Attachments

Mods:
Horn/LED light for cabin:
Recently I have upgraded horn. My car came with single (poor) horn. It was really smaller than what now a days comes in bikes (see in image). Stock one was from Hella. I have upgraded to Minda Trumpet (Skoda type) dual horn. I got it and fitted it from local auto accessories store. For horn, relay & labour, I paid 750 INR. I have also fitted LED in cabin dome light too from the same shop and paid 150 INR for that. I am very much satisfied with the performance of horn and LED light in the cabin. I went for single PCB of LEDs in the cabin, as of now I am satisfied with the bright white light. It is very much brighter than the stock yellow bulb. Sound of horn is really sweet. Usually I avoid to honk unless it is really necessary and safety concern.
Hello bhaveshce,

It good that have you have upgraded the horn in your car. Its the most essential upgrade in our ANHC. Due to heavy traffic sound pollution, stock horns are not enough.

Trumpet horns very good because they are not so loud and harsh as red grills. However, I don't think you needed a relay for these types of horns because they are rated same as stock horns. Installing a relay is not a easy task either, needs more wiring and wire stripping.

On the other hand, Are you sure there is only single horn in your car? I doubt it because our ANHC has two horns, one in the center and one in the side, behind fog light which requires front bumper to be removed for new horn installation.

For more info about my car horn installation, please check the following posts:

Discussion
#267, #270, #281 & #282

Pictures
* Second picture shows the position where the side stock horn was fitted previously.
* I have moved the center horn to the right side, as shown in first picture.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thanks CRACING for the response. I have not installed horn myself. The person who had installed the horn had removed one horn from the center without removing the bumper and installed the new one. So he gave me only one old stock fitted horn. As you said the other one is at the corner of the bumper so I believe they might have just disconnected because I am not hearing the sound of that horn. They might have done this way to just avoid to remove the bumper.[frustration]

But anyway thanks for the information. I will get it removed if I happen to remove the bumper for any other purpose.

As you said the other one is at the corner of the bumper so I believe they might have just disconnected because I am not hearing the sound of that horn. They might have done this way to just avoid to remove the bumper.[frustration]
Its not a good thing if the mechanic has cut the wire, instead of disconnecting from the horn. One has to remove the bumper or the wheel cover/mudguard (Like I have shown in the pictures for fog light installation) to access side horn.

Also its not a good idea to hook two horns to single wire supply because the wires have limited current capacity and thats why there are two separate lines for each horns, which take current from battery. We also believe there is a stock relay for these horns but its not found yet.

However, its ok for your setup because your mechanic has used another relay which takes supply directly from battery so it shouldn't give load to single wire supply.

*Single wire supply mean positive and negative wires.

I will get it removed if I happen to remove the bumper for any other purpose.
If you would like to do this, hook both the horns on left and right sides and connect stock wirings to each horns. You'll need to remove the newly installed relay though.

By doing this, the horns will be safe from water splash, sound effect will be better and I guess little battery power will be saved by removing the relay.

Kind note; The mechanic should be good and must not break things while removing the bumper.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot CRACING for your help. I am not good at electrical wiring and its jargons. You are correct, the guy who had fitted the horn had taken new connection directly from battery using relay. I will never allow guys at the accessory store to open my car again unless I know how things works. [cry] People who are staying in Thane, MH; I have get it fitted from one of the accessory store near by "Teen Petrol Pump, Hari Niwas", if in case you are happen to get anything done from there. Please be extra cautious.

I am totally dependent on Honda Authorized service center as of now. If anybody from Thane can recommend any good mechanic or independent service center then it would be good. My experience with HASS regarding this type of aftermaket fittment is not so good. Always there are reluctant to do any type of mod.

Hello bhaveshce,
Sound Dampening:
Has anybody yet did sound dampening in their ANHC?
Yes, I have but only for all four doors. There is a noticeable improvement in cabin quietness, (I have to add the 195/15 Pirelli P1 had already contributed here - that is in comparison to the stock 175/15 MRFs). For some reason now there is an illusion that the engine is louder than before (which, I know cannot be true if I measure it with an SPL meter). The music has a much clearer output and at lower volume settings. I used a Chinese made thermal/acoustic 2mm thick sheets with self-adhesive backing. I know this is not 3M but the adhesive backing seems quite effective. Essential for any adhesion: surface preparation was done by using a de-greaser before the sheets were cut and mounted (vinegar/water mix should be just fine). I have not experienced the effectiveness of thermal insulation yet because it is still cool out there.

Two sheets are requried to cover four doors:
Universal Car Damping Heat and Sound Insulation Sheet For Under Hood And Door. | Auto Trends

Last edited:
Thanks Essarr for the valuable information. Have you upgraded the tyres & done sound dampening at the same time? I am asking this to just verify how much difference you have felt by doing sound dampening only? I believe you have done it yourself. Have you taken any pictures while doing it? Have you made DIY steps? I know I am asking too much but it would be really appreciated if I get more information on that. Mainly I am seeking answer for the question is it really worth for ANHC?

Hi I am looking to install Blaupunkt GTB 8200A active subwoofer in my Honda city. Since the stock HU does not have sub output the local accessories guy is recommending on splicing the stock HU harness and use line converter for the setup. However splicing the cable will void my Honda warranty. Is there any way to install sub on stock HU without any wire cutting, splicing?

Also how would the subwoofer be controlled using the stock HU? Since it only has Bass option.

Top Bottom