My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Sorry for late reply bro, I was little busy you know. :sorry:

Already mentioned by Dr. Sahab.
Never let a single point of tire in contact with the ground for a long time.
OK, Got it.

No need to be scared.
Still, can you post a pic or two of your car tires or the pic of the worst looking tire?
Here you go:

DSC_0006_resize.JPG
DSC_0014_resize.JPG

How I pay for fuel? I guess dad pays!!
Despite being unemployed I am getting a Volvo XC 60 D5 within a fortnight as the dealership has confirmed that the car will be with them in 2-3 days. Well, it's their unique way of saying "We have the car and you be ready with the money"!
Thats awesome. Congrats on getting a new vehicle. [cheers]

I guess those will suit you better. For the cars which are lesser driven, it is always good to have a harder rubber compound tires.
I see

Hello all,

Today I had some free time, energy and good health to detail my car. Clay + Polish + Wax = Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft + Mothers Pure Polish + Meguiar's Black Wax. Its the first time I'm claying my car as well as its my first time experience with clay bar. Its third time I have used Pure Polish (interval of 6 months each) and Black Wax second time (interval of 2 month each).

Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft:
Excellent quality and inexpensive. Its a pack of 200g and I took 50g off it. Again I have divided that 50g into two (25g) incase one drops off, I can use the other. But fortunately I didn't dropped the clay and my car so clean that I didn't require to use another 25g piece. I felt it was enough. Folded often and used plenty of Proklear RAW Xtream as clay lube (10ml : 500ml).

@Dr MUDHAN, Sir you suggested me correctly. If I would have gone with medium or regular clay bar, they would be hard and not necessary. Soft clay is also slight hard to some degrees but is a best choice.

Mothers Pure Polish:
Good but I don't like it much. Reason, its difficult to buff and if not buffed perfectly, white powder and dots leaves behind. May be its how polish is but next time I will buy different brand. Same issue was with Mothers Syn Wax so I bought Black Wax which has no such issues.

Meguiar's Black Wax:

My favorite wax, unfortunately its bit expensive (approx 1.5k for 200g) but I will never go for other product. It suits my car better and even fills minor scratches. Applying and buffing is also very easy.

It wasn't stressful this time and I could finish the job soon. Have started at 7 AM and finished at 2 PM. No machine, all by hand and foam/MF pads

Now its show time. Please click here to view. First five photos are today's. Hope you guys like it. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #843

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: LXIII

JOPASU DUSTER IS DEBILITATING & DISAPPOINTING !

Jopasu is the only name that comes to the mind of an Indian car enthusiastic when he thinks of a duster which is safe, do a good job of wiping away the fine dust and car friendly. Jopasu's specially baked, wax-treated cotton strands are very efficient, saves water and eco friendly too.

It stands apart as value for money FROM the cheap unsafe (the stem tip has a dangerous point covered by a plastic cap) fancy multi colored nylon / plastic dusters which you can buy at any traffic lights and one of those expensive ‘California Dusters’.

I purchased the first one two years before and recommended in my various threads as a Must Have!

But unfortunately the new one recently purchased made me to think that the quality is debilitated, rather deteriorating.

Both the purchase are directly from the manufacture through SNAPDEAL / EBAY respectively.

The one I received earlier came with protective bag, carry pouch and a demo CD. It was heavy and with more layers of threads and made almost nil the chance of its plastic sheet where in which the threads are embedded touching the car paint surface.
But unfortunately, the present ones are light (may be good to handle), but threads are much less, exposing the plastic sheet which may not 100% safe while wiping if we press more on a car paint surface.

Cost cutting is clearly visible - despite increase in price but it should never be at the cost of creditability !

Jopasu, why did you do this, when we trust you more? [frustration]

jopasu1.jpg

jopasu2.jpg

jopasu3.jpg

jopasu 4.jpg

jopasu 5.jpg

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN

Yes sir, you are 100% right about Jopasu Duster. I had bought it two months ago and it was different then what was in product reviews online. Like you have mentioned, no demo cd, no carry pouch, white threads instead of gray and less threads. I'ed assume it as counterfeit if not bought from Jopasu seller.

It is not a washable thing either, to be efficient and durable product. Mine got worst in 2 months. Looks like earlier one (with gray threads) was much durable. And I doubt your new duster will last longer.

Thread Starter #846

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: LXIV

MY ALBUS GETS DOOR LOCK BUCKLE COVERS

new honda city 4 .jpg

new honda city 3.jpg

I really wonder the way Chinese explore in auto marketing products !

LEDs, Logos, Enhancing OE replacement fittings, Dashboard Accessories… OMG when I am going to stop my purchases for my ALBUS!

This time , I was attracted by a simple one that would make the car look different when we open the doors!

Yes, Door lock buckle covers! A simple and convenient way to hide the screws & make your car look unique !

I ordered from Aliexpress & got it. Just pushed it over the buckle after cleaning the area with WD40!

It is available for all cars and hope, you like it!

If you like this - I purchased from this seller (1) but better order from this seller (2) from where CRACING ordered as it’s cheaper than mine. ( CRACING, kindly confirm the quality , whether the brand name engraved like mine ? Thanks.)

(1)
Door lock buckle cover fit for Honda CRV CR V Accord Jade City Crosstour Cimi -in Nuts & Bolts from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

(2)
4pcs kit Car door lock cover for Mazda 2 Mazda 3 FIT CITY Crosstour CRV CIMI Camry 2012 Vios 2008 BT01-in Auto Fastener & Clip from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

new honda city 1.jpg
new honda city 2.jpg
new honda city .jpg

CRACING, kindly confirm the quality , whether the brand name engraved like mine ? Thanks.
Well, I'm still waiting for the products to reach me. Out of 12 orders, I have received only two and those are mobile parts (Digitizer and Battery). These two are sent from HK and SG. Others are all from CN, thats why its delayed I believe.

May be I will receive next week and hope they won't misplace.

Door lock covers are looking wonderful on your Albus, especially because of white colour car.

Last edited:
Hi Dr. Mudhan. few more additions. got 3M 70% visibility sunfilm fixed. bought and fixed DRLs.[:D] [Rs.1300/- for a pair]and two parking light leds [Rs.100/- ] one car charger with three outputs. Rs.350/- [not so attractive, but the only piece available at GP road :( ] all items bought at GP Rd. received blinking braking light from china post with an additional customs charges of Rs.860/- [frustration]. time permitting, may be next week, fixing of the same alongwith AVH-X8690BT and reverse cam will be undertaken. posting some snaps. BTW, the Kobe clear acrylic laquer spray is not known to any shop in GP road. i even took a printout of your posting and the guys at many shops talked to many people but finally said they don't know. next week i will try with hardware or paint shops. Thanks for your encouragement.

Hi All,
I specifically joined TAI forum to thank one person, Dr. Mudhan, for his extensive advice on detailing and looking after a Honda City. The Albus is a great story. So, thank you Dr. Mudhan.

Reading his threads, it is a very reminiscing reminder of my younger days (here's my short story) and my love affair with a certain German-made car that was custom built for me, something that I used every single day for over 15 years and in rather hostile climatic environment. The 'custom-built' part came about because a certain other German car manufacturer's sales person told me (when I was in the showroom to buy a car), quite bluntly right in my face, that 'these cars are for rich people, you should find something that is more practical" and pointed me in the direction of a certain Japanese carmaker's showroom. That despite the fact that I saved up for months and physically had the money in my pocket to buy the car I cavorted, outright and on the spot. At the end of 15 years, it was the technical director of the dealership that sold my car to me who bought the car, still with its factory paint and at a very reasonable price too - even though it had gone twice around the odo, it was maintained in mint condition through those fifteen-odd years. So, some may feel that Dr. Mudan's stories may go a bit overboard at times, but I jell here quite well. If he says, cleaning the car is therapeutic, I couldn't agree more.

I am 64 now, retired, and live in Chennai. A month ago (Nov'14), purchased a used 2011 Honda City S-MT with 16,553 kms under the belt (still with new-car smell) to replace my aging 1995 Maruti Esteem (white, by the way). This alabaster silver City was a weekend car for an IT pro who had to move out of the country - yes, it was a good deal.

Even before stumbled upon the doctor's White Albus, the following after-market surgeries has been planned and done to my Silver City.

By previous owner:
- 3M under body treatment (at dealership when new).
- 3M Nano-Crystalline RE-70 window film (at dealership).
- AutoFORM leatherette seat covers and floor mats.
- Reverse parking sensors.

After transfer, under my ownership:
- 3M Paint Sealant treatment.
- 3M Interior GermGreen treatment.
- 3M 1080 skins for ORVMs (were scratched) and door beadings (added recently).
- HRS H127 Alloy Wheels 15" x 6.5J (x4) Bright Silver.
- Pirelli P1 Cinturato tyres (x4) 195/60R16 V89 (Michelin Primacy ST3 contemplated, but dropped)
- Theft deterring Allen-key wheel nuts (supplied by wheel supplier)
Note: The drive has improved a lot, much lesser road noise, slightly better cushioned ride than the OEM 175 MRFs.
- Black Honda logo center caps for alloys (thanks to Dr. Mudhan)
- Parking lights changed to LED SMDs. (white front - warm-white rear)
- Replaced OEM Horns (wouldn't move a sleeping dog) with Hella Black Pearl (+ new wiring harness).
- Headlight lamps changed to Osram Night Breaker Plus H4 - 12V- 55/60w 3700 kelvin.
- Race-X tyre pressure gauge (from UK, delivery awaited).
- Toptul 15" lockable toolbox (Taiwan, purchased from Shopclues) + Stanley combination lock.
- Black & Decker 12V Dustbuster vacuum cleaner (full size home Hover unit also available).
- HSRP specs (but not HSRP) 500 x 120 mm licence plates.
- Thermal & Acoustic insulation for four doors (from Mumbai, Chinese made, installation next week).
- A bunch of 3M micro-fiber cleaning cloth for interior and exterior.
- Alloys treated with longterm "Liquid Diamond" (self).
- Tyres and all rubber parts treated with Armourall.
- Micro-fiber dusting brush (brand unknown, works well, but will look for Jopasu now).
- Rust on front shock-mount wells (bad design, needs a cover), wire-brushed, Rustoff treatment and painted.

To be done (and some, under investigation):
- Reverse/brake/indicator bulbs to be replaced with LED SMDs, awaiting delivery (CREE to expensive).
- Door thermal and sound proofing (material on hand).
- Rain-X treatment for rear, side quarter windows, all light lens surfaces and ORVMs.
- Looking for a quality rear-deck roller blind (manual).

- Looking for a GPS tracker that plugs into OBD port (for tracking as well as monitoring car performance )
Note: Drivebot (a product of 5 engineers in Thailand) does a good job of monitoring technical performance of the car. Now, they have gone into a huddle at my suggestion to incorporate a GPS tracking and fencing system into it. We'll see). One day, all cars will come with a 'black-box' of some kind, I hope. I don't drive, so the need for a good GPS tracker.
- Looking into possibilities of using of a flash-drive (pen-drive like Sandisk Cruzer Switch) for MP3/320bit music playback. At present, using a FiiO X3 (126+8 GB, FLAC and MP3) for music needs, something too expensive to leave lying in the car. Any suggestions here, on formatting and use of pen-drives (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS), cluster allocation size, etc., is welcome.

I will post photos, once all work is done and completed. I still have a some amount of reading to do about this fascinating Albus. Thanks again, doctor, I am obliged.

Hi All,
I specifically joined TAI forum to thank one person, Dr. Mudhan, for his extensive advice on detailing and looking after a Honda City. The Albus is a great story. So, thank you Dr. Mudhan.
Welcome sirji.
Dr. Sahab has definitely put the most detailed ownership review here - no doubts.

Reading his threads, it is a very reminiscing reminder of my younger days (here's my short story) and my love affair with a certain German-made car that was custom built for me, something that I used every single day for over 15 years and in rather hostile climatic environment. The 'custom-built' part came about because a certain other German car manufacturer's sales person told me (when I was in the showroom to buy a car), quite bluntly right in my face, that 'these cars are for rich people, you should find something that is more practical" and pointed me in the direction of a certain Japanese carmaker's showroom. That despite the fact that I saved up for months and physically had the money in my pocket to buy the car I cavorted, outright and on the spot. At the end of 15 years, it was the technical director of the dealership that sold my car to me who bought the car, still with its factory paint and at a very reasonable price too - even though it had gone twice around the odo, it was maintained in mint condition through those fifteen-odd years. So, some may feel that Dr. Mudan's stories may go a bit overboard at times, but I jell here quite well. If he says, cleaning the car is therapeutic, I couldn't agree more.
That was a Mercedes Benz for sure. It's great you haven't bought it, they were simply selling crappy and outdated cars in India before the 'proper' arrival of other two. And amazingly, both of them are leading the MB today.

I am 64 now, retired, and live in Chennai. A month ago (Nov'14), purchased a used 2011 Honda City S-MT with 16,553 kms under the belt (still with new-car smell) to replace my aging 1995 Maruti Esteem (white, by the way). This alabaster silver City was a weekend car for an IT pro who had to move out of the country - yes, it was a good deal.
Price?[sleep]

- HRS H127 Alloy Wheels 15" x 6.5J (x4) Bright Silver.
- Pirelli P1 Cinturato tyres (x4) 195/60R16 V89 (Michelin Primacy ST3 contemplated, but dropped)
There is something wrong...[thinking]
Sirji, please do re-check the tyre size. Either your rim size is 15" or your Tyre inner dia is 16".

Hello,

Today I have got some more items that I have ordered on 11/11. 4x5050 T10 Canbus SMD, 18x5630 T20 Strobe SMD and Aluminium case for my HTC One. These took approx 38 days and the reason is China Post I believe. Items sent via Hong kong come very fast, approx 15-20 days.

4x5050-T10-Canbus-SMD-18x5630-T20-Strobe-SMD.jpg

Now there are 7 more items to reach me, that includes Door Lock Cover, Ignition Key Ring, Mobile Holder, AC Knobs, Pry Tools and etc. All are sent via China Post and their tracking has stopped till "Send item abroad". The items I received today were also held in the same states till 10th Dec then sent to customs check. Customs check took 7 days and then forwarded to domestic location.

May be I'll need to extend Aliexpress buyer protection for some of items as they are coming to end next week. Will keep updated here.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Damn, I did a mistake when buying the leds for break lights. Actually strobe leds do continuous flickering when powered ON and pre-flicker leds do flicker for few seconds then stay ON.

I did read Dr.'s post regarding Flashing Break Lights Mod but only at the time of his posting. Later when I bought on 11/11, I misunderstood and thought strobe leds are those that flicker for few seconds and then stay ON. Should have read Dr.'s post again.

Now after instaling strobe leds, they continuously flicker! I feel so stupid of myself. :stupid:

Wish I had bought normal leds instead. Do you guys think its fine to use these strobe leds for break lights? Hope they don't make my car funny. [lol]

Last edited:
Thanks TSIVipul for pointing out my tyres.
There is something wrong... (about tyres)
Yes, they are 195/60R15 not 16 and they are 0.8% bigger than the stock 175/65R15 (permited level for upsizing is 3%)
That was a Mercedes Benz
This was just a brief intro story. But, no that was not a Mercedes Benz (remember, I was driving those days and MBs were considered for those who were chauffeured.
My Honda City S-MT at Rs. 6.2 lacs, priestine, except for one scratch on bumber and one on one of the RVM (which is since been covered by 3M with their 1080 body-skin film that looks like carbon-graphite weave).

And, Dr. Mudhan has prompted me to get those door-latch covers (a cool thing that Honda should have done at the factory, among other things).

Here's a new lead for LED freaks. In Chennai, (most parts of India, for that matter) the streets are badly lit, and we sometime accidentally step into a puddle of water (or muck) when getting out of the car. I have ordered a set of 4 bright LEDs 'bolt lights' from Ozinium in US (with IP68 waterproof certification) that will be connected to the door-light switch with the LEDs mounted under the doors (panels) $40 for a set of 4 including shipping (3 sizes of 6, 11 and 16 mm diameter are available). The unit will create a pool of light on the floor when the door is opened. And I think these Ozinium guys are really cool, and really a refreshing change after dealing with AliExpress and Ebay.
Flush Mount LED Bolt

Hope some will find this link useful. Until next time.

Top Bottom