My First Diesel Hatch: Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi (Used) Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
Last edited:
Altocumulus,
I had a detailed comparo on my xuv thunderbolt thread. couldn't find it. xuv is easier to drive. modern Suzuki cars, esp swift and ritz are more difficult to drive
Would you please narrate the points of difficulties. I have Ritz,so I can plan to tackle them. I have no experience of Swift.[confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
found it on my old threads-

About the Blind spots, an Incident came to my
Mind.
In Bhopal, I drove my Uncle's Ritz. I had my own
XUV500 parked up, But as i was visiting traffic
ares, I thought, why not take this "Small car"
compared to SUV... WRONG! Ritz is horrible to drive
in Traffic due to Big Dash (Which is sort of baloon
shaped and blocks close view). I did sweat more in
Ritz than i would have in my XUV. Wrong decision
that day.
The Pillars are so thick that Kids/ Motor cycles can
just dissapear in that area and you drive by pure
luck. Same with Rear view (fish like rear bumper)
and CO-driver side view. Swift is Just as worse.
Very poor design by Suzuki!
In those years, I had suggested Hyundai Getz to my
Uncle over Ritz.
For the Diesel, I feel Turbo Diesels have more Grunt
and are more fun to drive if you love shifting gears!

10 psi is a lot. Get the valves checked if there is no puncture. Otherwise swap the wheels with the right one and check if similar issues occur.
I'll check any puncture or cut coming weekend & report, but this symptom is the from Day 1 when I took delivery of the Car - The First Day when we out for the Puja which is 2 Weeks after the Day of Delivery and the Car lean towards Left itself, Thought then problem in left suspension but later we found the low Front Left Tyre Pressure...During the time I don't even know how to drive so completely depends on the Temp. Driver.

And if the 10 Psi is lot, my front right Tyre reads 20 - 21 psi during checkup and the rest of others shows roughly same or less which I believe normal.

My Query - If I feel up Nitrogen then if this situation improved ?

It is true the front tyres lose pressure a bit faster than rears. However now a days whenever I feel tank check the tyre pressure. I think if you check it a bit frequently you can get rid of the problem. I first checked the tyre pressure after 6 months from purchase. Then very low pressure was observed. Actually at that time I had to rely on hired drivers. They did not complain about tyre pressure. I learnt it from this site. Further they [drivers] told me tubeless tyres do not need much attention regarding pressure.[anger]
I check Tyre pressure in 3 and half Weeks interval when need feel up the tank which is 1.2km away from my home, I know the car need to travel that distance to check air when manual instruct to check in cold tyre - but this mentioned distance Car can only achieve 10-15 km/h max to reach there with plenty of stoppage (Signal / Railway Crossing) and road congestion. Else I got Analog Gauge to measure at home. If the car not out for 3 weeks - Left Front Tyre (Only) start showing the bulge.

Don't believe a single word from those driver - mine stated as 'Mileage Car's Tyre must behave this way so that it gives mileage' [confused]

found it on my old threads-

About the Blind spots, an Incident came to my
Mind.
In Bhopal, I drove my Uncle's Ritz. I had my own
XUV500 parked up, But as i was visiting traffic
ares, I thought, why not take this "Small car"
compared to SUV... WRONG! Ritz is horrible to drive
in Traffic due to Big Dash (Which is sort of baloon
shaped and blocks close view). I did sweat more in
Ritz than i would have in my XUV. Wrong decision
that day.
The Pillars are so thick that Kids/ Motor cycles can
just dissapear in that area and you drive by pure
luck. Same with Rear view (fish like rear bumper)
and CO-driver side view. Swift is Just as worse.
Very poor design by Suzuki!
In those years, I had suggested Hyundai Getz to my
Uncle over Ritz.
For the Diesel, I feel Turbo Diesels have more Grunt
and are more fun to drive if you love shifting gears!
I'm not sure about other pointers but thick A-Pillar is Worst - 4 Times I get away with complete blind spot but 5 th time met a small accident with Rickshaw - No Body Injured & Luckily no Damage in the Car body as I'm going extremely slow pace - Only Front Left Wheel cover got a deep scratch.

Thread Starter #53
Hi,
Just returned from 1150 KM road trip, My Ritz returned 21.5 KMPL, and quite happy with my new MIchelin tires performance.

Pankaj

Hi,
I want to know which oil makes DDiS Engine Smooth Synthetic or Mineral?
Hi Pankaj,

Your thread with right psi for 185/70R14 and tire placard is nice. I have recently upgraded to continentals with same size for my swift vdi.
ofcourse pls go for Shell 5w40 synthetic for DDiS. you will see the car is more silent and robust. It enhances FE also.
-- Car_on

Top Bottom