Hyundai Verna or Renault Duster?

Thread Starter #16
Even i am highly convinced on the 85 ps duster now. Verna is slightly more polished. But having an i20 already with me. I can go and try a crossover suv now. Will be a change. And people till now have been pretty satisfied with the duster till now. Wouldnt create any problems i guess.

Thread Starter #19
@incarnation. Yes brother. Sure.
@allhyundaicars i will be buying next month or jan.
@mr.boss no brother i cant stretch more. So 85 is the way to go.
@dhoom9 no more stretch. Already stretched.
@akash1866 thanks for the link brother. Highly helpful
Sorry for late replies.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Guys no one touched resale value for both of these. After like 3-4 years and a lakh km on the odo.
Shravan, after 3 to 4 years and a lakh of kilometers the value of the Verna would be around 4 Lakhs as per IDV so if you sell it via Hyundai's H-promise program then you'll get around 3.5 to 3.75 lakhs. But if you sell it outside then it would be around 3.25 to 3.5 Lakhs since outside buyer shall negotiate based on kilometers run as on date of selling and the car's condition at that time.

Duster's value after 3-4 years will be roughly around 5 or 5.5 Lakhs and with 1 lakh kilometers it may fetch you around 4.5 lakhs in open market if in good condition.

Please remember that as soon as the car leaves from showroom, about 50,000 to 1 lakh rupees goes down in its price. In the 1st year of purchase the depreciation is quite high.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #25
Guys did a long test drive of honda city diesel.
Just one thing i am highly disappointed with what honda has to offer.
Extremely high NVH. I have a tractor which is more silent. No offence to anyone. This what i felt in first three gears. Even manza is so silent even after 1.3 laks on odo.
Rattling noise is too much from the dash area.
The vehicle had just 17000 km done n had a service done recently.
The premium charged by honda is too high till they have such a crude engine NVH.
Going for verna 1.4 now. Took a back to back drive of city, duster and verna.

verna diesel even though highly powerful in segment,has short life expectancy,can lead to woes,renault diesel is a quite proven engine
i am quite an ardent ford fan,if you love riding,then check out with fiesta-14 or ecosport too.

Guys did a long test drive of honda city diesel.
Just one thing i am highly disappointed with what honda has to offer.
Extremely high NVH. I have a tractor which is more silent. No offence to anyone. This what i felt in first three gears. Even manza is so silent even after 1.3 laks on odo.
Rattling noise is too much from the dash area.
The vehicle had just 17000 km done n had a service done recently.
The premium charged by honda is too high till they have such a crude engine NVH.
Test Drive vehicles are noisier compared to the production versions. That might be the same case here, you could have asked the dealer to show the new car and check the difference in noise levels of both the cars. Initial cars had noisy engine, but newer cars are lot refined. If you have not liked City apart from NVH, you can reject it. But in other departments it is easily the best car in its segment.

Duster is good car but it doesn't have that "Wow" factor in it. Interiors look & feel cheap, ergonomics are not good, it isn't safe at all (3 Star Rating). The only things going for it are Performance, Ground clearance.

Test Drive vehicles are noisier compared to the production versions. That might be the same case here, you could have asked the dealer to show the new car and check the difference in noise levels of both the cars. Initial cars had noisy engine, but newer cars are lot refined. If you have not liked City apart from NVH, you can reject it. But in other departments it is easily the best car in its segment.

Duster is good car but it doesn't have that "Wow" factor in it. Interiors look & feel cheap, ergonomics are not good, it isn't safe at all (3 Star Rating). The only things going for it are Performance, Ground clearance.
if you can tolerate nvh of idtec city ,then its a great ride.hope you know that the features like push button start is only available in higher end variant,if you wish to reconsider try out the new fiesta,it comes next to city in almost all reviews.

Top Bottom