Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 VTVT SX (O) Coral White Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Wow congrants dbarma on your new baby [:D] and Do post a other of pictures. We are going to pester you about the projectors so please forgive us [lol] . Okay so my first question is that does tell project bear Verna name on it like the rexton & post close up pictures of the projectors?
yes it has verna name on it
VERNA ---- LOGO ---- 1.6 SX

Thread Starter #17
Today i got the vehicle no. and plate. Then took her for bath, then all 4 wheels filled with N2 @ 35psi then i asked by 35psi when the mfg recommendation is 32psi? then he replid saying - extra 3psi is wasted in the hoses... After N2 filled up i feel like vehicle is more smoother or is it psychological [roll] ?
I was thinking to apply wax but those guys told me that i dont need now cause the vehicle just came out of the showroom. Dear TAI, do i need to wax?

Bellow are some more images of my baby...

Attachments

Oh! i love this feature but unfortunately didnt see in realtime cause i couldnt manage to drive at evening (5-6pm) coz of my duty schedules. lanechanger ?? i am sure this idea might have crossed their (Korean engs.) mind. They are subtracting something from the car to add something.
:
Hehe don't worry you will experience it soon.
I meant the Lane changer indicator stalk. You have to just give a little tap on the stalk and the side indicator [whichever you touched left/right] flashes for about 3 or 5 times and switches off after that. Our i20 has it and when I drive verna I so miss it as I am so used to it now.
Hmm waxing is a debatable topic. If you really care about the shine,swirls,wet look of a car in the long run then you can go for it or simply send your car once in a year to a car detailer for waxing/polishing. I am planning to do it on my own as I like to get my hands dirty.[;)]
Btw :kewlpics:
Another request please share pictures of the light throw at night.

Your SX have the speed sensing auto door lock feature? AFAIK its only optional in SX(O), could it be activated in SX model by the way you said through G scan Please let me know.
Well old models did have this in SX [which only needed to be activated via their software]but as per recent reports the module [hardware] has been removed, I will speak with ASS during 1st service and will try it through their system as it is configurable.
Most manufactures keep all the hardware intact in top/middle variants as cost savings won't be that much but they keep the features deactivated. Germans manufacturers are famous for this practice.
Lets just hope Hyundai hasn't really removed the actual hardware module from new models.
AFAIK if I remember correctly this module is available at their accessories after the new model launch which costs around 5k.[frustration] [I forgot the price.]

Regards
Midknight

Last edited:
Whoa your baby looks cool and the projectors are astounding except for the fact that it is halogen lighting . About waxing, your car is new and right away from Showroom so let things be as it is . Let the baby play and anyway you''ll have your service in a month or two ; then let your car be polished/cleaned to showroom condition. Do wash and wax some months after the service .
P.s: daily dusting and cleaning is essential , I just meant that leave it to the service to get the gloss look back and waxing can be done later on.

Congrats on your new Turbo machine [evil]

The aftermarket light's look bloody awesome. Why don't you change the tail light's too ? That would've matched in a better way.[:)]

anyway do post more pics of the car , and wishing you many safe mile's ahead [:)]

Well old models did have this in SX [which only needed to be activated via their software]but as per recent reports the module [hardware] has been removed, I will speak with ASS during 1st service and will try it through their system as it is configurable.
Most manufactures keep all the hardware intact in top/middle variants as cost savings won't be that much but they keep the features deactivated. Germans manufacturers are famous for this practice.
Lets just hope Hyundai hasn't really removed the actual hardware module from new models.
AFAIK if I remember correctly this module is available at their accessories after the new model launch which costs around 5k.[frustration] [I forgot the price.]

Regards
Midknight
Wo! That would be really great if the hardware exist and it could be activated by the software. Please check with the ASS regarding this. Even I have my 1st servicing, probably will take next week and I will check this same.

Today i got the vehicle no. and plate. Then took her for bath, then all 4 wheels filled with N2 @ 35psi then i asked by 35psi when the mfg recommendation is 32psi? then he replid saying - extra 3psi is wasted in the hoses... After N2 filled up i feel like vehicle is more smoother or is it psychological [roll] ?
I was thinking to apply wax but those guys told me that i dont need now cause the vehicle just came out of the showroom. Dear TAI, do i need to wax?
What is the N2? and how its helps as a replacement of air?

Regarding the wax, accordant to my truly experience, I’m not sure you will get a true wax product in market but wax or polishing compounds really helps, if you love your car you should do it.

Like the service guy said as it’s a new car you don’t need it for shining, but definitely you will need it for protection. Even I didn’t used polish in my car so far but I had a minor scratch and I was polished that area with a regular inexpensive polishing compound and last Saturday went for a ride during night and the highway was under construction and awful dusty. When I back to home I clearly see the difference of the polished area, it let the dust seat less than other area. Also as it creates a layer so it will protects from road chemicals.

So definitely get it now, do it yourself, don’t do hand rubbing polish, just clean all the car and apply it on the surface with firm pressure and one single circle in a area. Just apply it, don’t polish. Let it dry and buff it off.

For the same protection I’ve used Formula one spray wax on the full car but not getting any effect on that, the inexpensive polish (pidilite motomax) works far better than that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
@soumen.sam
N2 = nitrogen; I have done few researches on its advantages over air and found out the following:
1. N2 help regulate internal temp more constant, hence your tire pressure will remain fixed even in variable condition.
2. No water beading. As the internal temp remains constant there is no chance of H2O accumulation thus preventing corrosion.
3. Tire should perform better as the psi remains constant and study even say that tire also last longer.

TAI member can contribute more points on it.

I have Turtle Wax - bought from ebay (looking original to me) and was thinking to try it. wax is a coating which protects the cars paint so theoretically i should apply wax to protect the paint and shine.

yes soumen.sam i will surely follow your instructions [:)] waiting for a holiday now.

@soumen.sam
N2 = nitrogen; I have done few researches on its advantages over air and found out the following:
1. N2 help regulate internal temp more constant, hence your tire pressure will remain fixed even in variable condition.
2. No water beading. As the internal temp remains constant there is no chance of H2O accumulation thus preventing corrosion.
3. Tire should perform better as the psi remains constant and study even say that tire also last longer.

TAI member can contribute more points on it.

I have Turtle Wax - bought from ebay (looking original to me) and was thinking to try it. wax is a coating which protects the cars paint so theoretically i should apply wax to protect the paint and shine.

yes soumen.sam i will surely follow your instructions [:)] waiting for a holiday now.
Ok that is great about the nitrogen, I heard about it earlier but for racing cars. The myth is the manufacturers knows if the tire temperature increase the air pressure (PSI) increases and accordingly the recommend a scale for tire. If cold temp PSI is 32 and after few km running it will increase. But if psi remains constant that could reduce mileage.

Turtle Wax is great if its original, I never found one.

Congratulations dbarma, on your white angel! [clap]
Lucky you got the new upgraded version in time. The feature they added mouthwatering. Just a question, does SX(O) still has 6 airbags? I read somewhere that face lifted Verna would loose side and curtain airbags, however the website still shows 6, can you please confirm this?
I have prebooked New City, but anything goes wrong Verna is my choice and its going to be same model as you got including the color [evil].
Please add more pics and mileage info when you have time.

Thread Starter #26
Congratulations dbarma, on your white angel! [clap]
Lucky you got the new upgraded version in time. The feature they added mouthwatering. Just a question, does SX(O) still has 6 airbags? I read somewhere that face lifted Verna would loose side and curtain airbags, however the website still shows 6, can you please confirm this?
I have prebooked New City, but anything goes wrong Verna is my choice and its going to be same model as you got including the color [evil].
Please add more pics and mileage info when you have time.
Hi there!! Thank [:D] and you are right about the airbags. All 6 bags intact.

Can anyone shade some lights about upgrading halogen to xenon (HB3/9005 type 60W)? and where to get it (online)?
1. will it be safe?
2. if i need relay?
3. is there any risk to the projectors (lenses) and other surrounding compartments?

Recently i ordered osram night breaker and yet to receive the package. i dont know how the result will be but it wont be as good as xenon.

Regards

Thread Starter #27
@soumen.sam
I will apply the wax in one fine day [:D] and will post photos too until sit tight.

@Indian
today is 9th day, ODO reads 220km only and mileage highest is 13.8 km/l without AC. not getting brake to push my baby hard. but yesterday i hit 110km/h leaving other behind [glasses]
Give me sometime, i will post more photos soon. If you want to know more about the car or have doubts feel free to ask.

Regards

The aftermarket light's look bloody awesome.

[:)]
Hi.
Vishnu those are not aftermarket, they are genuine hyundai.
Soumen my car's service is due by month end, so I will report in 2014 I think,but make sure you check it with your ASS.
As for the nitrogen it is a debatable topic. There might be advantages there might not so it is a personal choice if you should use it on your daily ride or not. But you definitely won't have to recheck the air for a month.
I hope that nitrogen was filled after completely taking out all the air from tire.
My car had 38 psi from factory later I corrected it to 33.
Are you sure about the airbags? I would appreciate if you could post a picture of the side of the seat/roof where a tag should be visible stating airbag. If hyundai indeed has kept all 6 airbags then hats off but I really doubt it.
And the pictures of the light throw at night please.
Are you finding the halogens inadequate for your use? What is the type provided in this new setup by hyundai?

Regards
Midknight

Last edited:
@dbarma yes xenon lights can replace the halogen bulb ,it is simply a bulb in the projectors which can be changed I guess it needs a relay. Try asking local mechanics whether a xenon hid kit can be used on a projector. I dont think there will be any other issues with the lens and heating .

A very warm welcome to TAI and congratulation for your white beast! The projector lamps looks good.

I have one query. Did you change your antenna? It doesn't look like the one we got as stock.

Top Bottom