Honda Amaze SMT or Hyundai i20 Asta (Diesel)?

Both cars that you have mentioned have their sets of pros & cons if pitted against each other. I'll highlight the good bits of the two. Might help you to zero down as to what exactly your looking for.

Pros for Hyundai i20

1. Much better looking interiors.
2. Much better overall external looks.
3. Exhaustive list of features. They indeed come handy while driving around.
4. Asta variant in your budget will come with the necessary safety features such as ABS & Dual Airbags.
5. Overall quality of materials used inside the cabin is much better.
6. NVH levels are extremely low for a diesel engine.

Pros for Honda Amaze -

1. A bigger, more powerful engine.
2. Linear power delivery, minimal turbo lag.
3. Boot space surely bigger than i20.
4. Perception of a bigger car although the length of the two cars is almost similar.
5. Better fuel efficiency by the i-Dtech diesel engine from Honda.
6. Maintenance and service will be a tad cheaper as compared to the Hyundai.

Both cars seem fairly reliable and have been doing pretty good in our market, so you won't go wrong if you chose any of the two. Just go for the one which ticks more number of boxes as per your set of requirements.

Regards
GM88

Well I was the same kind of person. I was having a very big crush on i20 and the ergonimcs issue and dynamics of i20 really put me down. And finally settled to an Amaze :cool:
Oh.. Nice to know that you had your eye on i20 before settling with the Amaze.. Am not alone.. [:)]

Can you please throw some light on the ergonomic issues - I feel i20 is atleast better in that segment, it has an arm rest too that might come handy during long drives; Has an electro-chromic rear view mirror which they claim is easy on the eyes at night..

Also, if possible, please expand on the dynamics front too, so I would have my answers to choose Amaze over i20.. Thanks!!

The brakes on i20 felt not enough to keep down the car one's the pedal hits metal. My friend has an i20 and I always end up panic braking.the hute feels very small at the primary stages and all of a sudden feels locks up the tire. This problem is not their on the top models with all four disc brakes.
The steering is very nimble. Keeping it constant in high speeds is hard since it's electronic and you can never throw the car around a corner confidently.
Moreover the most sanest mileage I've ever got on it is 17.xx kmpl on highway. It's not best in that class. But if you're enjoying the turbo spooling,you won't ever matter the mileage:cool:

The ride felt little bit hard even though the suspension set up is soft. The potholes were so much to be felt on the rear seat.

U drove a i20 Magna Optional Model.

Top Bottom