Hi From Ravi: Chennai

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Ravi here from Chennai. Work in Accounts & Systems (IT / HW / SW) and also a perfume / attar addict. Like to cook many dishes.
Have driven and owned many bikes but going to purchase my first car, tata tiago xta, have paid 5K as booking amt but the car showroom yet to place order with TML and show proof of plant order. Meanwhile they are not fixed on payment terms as it is self financed one, i am confused. When do we have to make payments for new car, if there is no stock? are there any stages of payment?

Awaiting your help

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Hi from Ravi- Chennai

Hi Friends,

Ravi here from Chennai. Work in Accounts & Systems (IT / HW / SW) and also a perfume / attar addict. Like to cook many dishes.
Have driven and owned many bikes but going to purchase my first car, tata tiago xta, have paid 5K as booking amt but the car showroom yet to place order with TML and show proof of plant order. Meanwhile they are not fixed on payment terms as it is self financed one, i am confused. When do we have to make payments for new car, if there is no stock? are there any stages of payment?

Awaiting your help
Ravi, Welcome to TAI & congratulations on your new car booking[clap]

You have paid booking amount. Now, you wait for the dealer to confirm that the vehicle is ready / invoiced by Tata. Ask for the VIN of the Car (so that you can check which month the car is built). Pay the Balance amount only after getting the VIN and you have seen the car/checked there are no visible damages etc..

In the meantime, you can keep the finance sanctioned, but tell them not to release funds to the dealer without your authorisation.

Hello Ravi, welcome to TAI, Nair Sahab has perfectly detailed the buying and payment procedure, for a new car.

Do carry out a through PDI, with the TAI list before releasing the payment, which colour have you chosen?

Regards
Vinod

Hi Friends,

Welcome to TAI[clap]

Dont Worry, all is going smooth as per the process of booking a new car.
Generally, we pay the booking amount which is very nominal and book the car.
The Dealer then submits the order with the manufacturer and waits for the availability of the variant & colour.
Once the the car is in the stock, it will be dispatched from the plant and the details(Engine no,Chasis no) will be shared with the dealer.
And then the dealer will share it with you.
Every car has a unique VIN number, which will be shared with you by the representative,and you can cross check the manufacturing Month & Year of your 1st car.
Chill and enjoy the process, read as many articles/reviews/forums regarding your Car.
and..
Congratulations for your 1st car.

Thread Starter #5
Dear All,

Many many thanks for the warm welcome :) really lucky to be a part of this forum, and sure will share many interesting experiences with you all.

Hi Ravi,

as Vinodji mentioned do a detailed PDI - pre delivery inspection of your car. It will help you identify any flaws in the car and get them addressed from service center before you buy the car or pay any significant amount. once you pay money and find any flaws, you will not be in a position to change the car. So before the car is registered do your pdi.

Attached the pdi checklist from tai. Take a print and have 2 hours allotted for this activity, do PDI in full sunlight and do at your pace. don't let anyone rush you.

Insist to the dealer that you WANT to do PDI yourself.

View attachment 184996d1447768156-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide-new_car_pre-delivery_inspecti.pdf

Top Bottom