Ecosport or Safari Storme : Dilemma

Yes I have driven both the vehicles. No doubt Ecosport was smooth and solid but some how didn't feel like a SUV. I was feeling that I am driving any other A,B,C vehicle.

Driving Storme was an altogether different experience and it had lots of space. Al round Visibility was great, had very good power and torque. Brakes were good and no body roll was there although I drove it for 2-3 kms and took it to 80km/hour

If i talk of driving experience then Storme is a clear winner.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will surely check the vehicle manufacturing year.

Regards
I will not suggest you which car to buy . Rather its better that we discuss here about the pros and cons of both the cars and then you yourself decide which fits your requirements the most . May I suggest something , how about the xuv or Scorpio and duster too ?

Did you consider them ? Xuv will be more expensive I agree .

Last edited:
@ wind , why are you so much bothered about the delay in delivery date of ES.? Your santro can serve you till then. As it is monsoon , it doesn't take too much time for the new car to start looking dirty and old , nullifying the new car honeymoon.:tongue:

And for four adults ES is more than adequate.
Storme is a better buy if five adults plus one or two kids are going to be on board., however if you are intrested in ride and comfort better than ES , then storme is justified if you are ready to face inconsistencies in TASS performance.

If yoy go for storme , then detailed research regarding performance of TASS in your city is important before booking it .

@ Raja , xuv is not yet declared free of niggles .

If you can afford the Storme, then its a no brainer. The Storme is better than the Ecosport in almost every aspect.
What about ASS ? In the past , only problem with ford ASS was costly spares , but now with localization of spares ES ASS would be better than TASS.

Today I saw a white ES followed by white Figo I see only as a cosmetic change of Figo as ES.
Care to explain.

. daily use my Honda City is serving me well. I have taken this to almost all the hills Stations in north India but low ground clearance is a problem.
My daily driving is around 80 kms.
pp
For this running , ideally diesel is justified if you are doing it with single car.
But if some running is with honda city , and some running is with santro /new car then new car should be a petrol car. Petrol car not only justifies the shared distance but also the initial cost.

BTW , a person who is used to goods of hyundai ASS and Honda ASS is less likely to be happy with inconsistently improving TASS , unless the buyer is ready to offer some soft corner just because they indigenous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K!NkY
Today I saw a white ES followed by white Figo I see only as a cosmetic change of Figo as ES.
Care to explain.

As I said it was my view. Today on my way to office saw 2 ES on my front. I was admiring the hyped ES saw white ES on my same route so was on its behind. Then came a Figo white who was staring at ES and was in parallel lane with ES. Then I saw both ES and Figo on parallel lane man both where looking alike. Now I felt ES like a small hatch with muscle added and tyre at her back. I was not able to take a picture. Again guys no offens. This is what I felt when I saw both together. In Chennai now ES is found as regular cars in roads lot of ES rolling in city n

Last edited:
Iam ready to buy this concept or line of thinking that ES is just a hatch with SUV styling . But iam not able to figure out how can a figo and ES look same from the rear in parallel . [surprise]

Attachments

I would suggest you to go for a Storme since you already have a City for use in City!

Safari Storme is a full fledged SUV (compared to ES) and will definitely prove more comfortable on highway runs. Moreover, you get additional space to dump your luggage if you plan for some trips.

@ Raja , xuv is not yet declared free of niggles .
Except the one off cases, the newer batches of XUV are fairly niggle free. If you want a perfect vehicle which will go to the A.S.S. only for its scheduled services, Toyota and maybe Honda is the only option!

What about ASS ? In the past , only problem with ford ASS was costly spares , but now with localization of spares ES ASS would be better than TASS
I have seen Raja posting a lot about TATA improving it's A.S.S. in the Horizon Next strategy. Meanwhile, even Ford is not said to have a very good A.S.S.

So it all depends on the service centre you go to.

I am not saying the A.S.S. is great. Even M&M's service is touted to be poor, but I have mostly had good experiences with them. Fiat is said to be one of the worst when it comes to A.S.S., but I have had GREAT experiences with them, much better than even Maruti and Toyota.

Except the one off cases, the newer batches of XUV are fairly niggle free. If you want a perfect vehicle which will go to the A.S.S. only for its scheduled services, Toyota and maybe Honda is the only option!
But , as of now neighther Honda nor Toyota offer something like ES or Storme .

I have seen Raja posting a lot about TATA improving it's A.S.S. in the Horizon Next strategy. Meanwhile, even Ford is not said to have a very good A.S.S]
Previosly , Fords use to procure the spares from foreign country. The process was time consuming , this coupled with the dilemma about warranty claims use to bring bad experiences for the owner.Now with localization and child part method , it is bound to improve.

Horizon next is certaily a step forward but still inconsistent.For a person who has past experiences of HASS , it will be little problematic to get adjusted with it especially when he had an option to go for ES

I am not saying the A.S.S. is great. Even M&M's service is touted to be poor, but I have mostly had good experiences with them. Fiat is said to be one of the worst when it comes to A.S.S., but I have had GREAT experiences with them, much better than even Maruti and Toyota.
Right you are , reserching the Local ASS is a solution.

Ecosport and Storme are two different worlds. Both can be used in city and highway as well but ES i more suitable for driving on the tarmac. Whereas with Storme like they say -Make your own road and reclaim your dream. You can take it anywhere and the beast will just ask for more.

Now coming to interiors, if you are looking for a fancy interior with loads of features then ES is the right car for you. With Storme you will get all the basic items though. But then you get a good GC, wonderful road view and respect on road for sure from other vehicles[;)] (you know what i mean) and the monstrous looks which are Elegantly sculpted on the beast. And still the monster can be driven around the city.

If at all you like or think of xuv , go for one with ESP and six airbag since your budget is flexible , but do some reserch on brakes and suspension noise with newowners .

Iam ready to buy this concept or line of thinking that ES is just a hatch with SUV styling . But iam not able to figure out how can a figo and ES look same from the rear in parallel . [surprise]
Aaah. I said it was my view and not for an argument uhhh please check visually not a picture of two different angles. I said same colour. If it did not look alike for you that is your individual view and opinnion.

Aaah. I said it was my view and not for an argument uhhh please check visually not a picture of two different angles. I said same colour. If it did not look alike for you that is your individual view and opinnion.
Exactly it is my view hence I posted it the same way you did yours .

Close your eyes and go for STORME if you can adjust your budget. I testdrive the ecosport, i felt its not even having great driving dynamics(comparing with PUNTO).

^^^

Punto is simply superb when it comes to driving dynamics. I wont even compare it to a Micra or Etios, let alone a vehicle with high C.G. like the ES.

I am sure ES has better dynamics than the Storme.

If you like to live the life kingsize(ride , comfort , road presence ) , also the budget is flexible go for storme . Luckily you are from delhi where there a quite few TATA dealerx , search for a dealer who provides better ASS and then book it.

Ecosport is practical solution for your requirements , you won't get comfort ride , suspension related comfort comparable to storme.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Thanks for all you replies. I am very happy to be a part of this community where I am getting such unbiased answers.

From your suggestions 99% members are in favour of Safari so I am moving towards Storme.

Basically I made booking for Ecosport on the basis of looks only and was an impulsive decision. I was not much impressed with the driving dynamics and space inside. Still the base model at 6.27 on road seemed to be VFM. But now at present situation I don't think Ford is providing that model and there seems to be never ending wait.

I am just concerned about the niggles in Safari. ASS won't be a headache as my fathers friend is having a TASS near to my house. Please put some light on the niggles and maintenance part also.

@ Raja I have driven Duster also but was not much impressed with the interior and build quality although the ride was very comfortable.

My wife does not like Scorpio and XUV is somehow out of budget. I went to see it but never had a test drive.

Top Bottom