Confused Between Polo GT TSi and Nissan Micra XV CVT

Thread Starter #16
If it's a CVT, it has to be either Honda or Maruti Suzuki.
In other words, either Jazz or Baleno or maybe Amaze, no other CVT is good or tractable enough as these two. Especially the one in Honda; very responsive and is actually close to slushboxes when it comes to responsiveness.
I am in Gulf now and here Nissan is doing better than Honda and Suzuki. If you see the sales Nissan market share is double than Honda and out of that 90% is CVT sales. Worldwide Nissan CVT is doing better in sales than Suzuki. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am in Gulf now and here Nissan is doing better than Honda and Suzuki. If you see the sales Nissan market share is double than Honda and out of that 90% is CVT sales. Worldwide Nissan CVT is doing better in sales than Suzuki. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thats absolutely right. But, we Indians are monopoly stricken in our thoughts and we believe it's just one or two manufacturers are worthy of making a car.

We tend to believe that cars made by companies displayed during IPL or other popular events are worthy considerations and superior. Makers sell cars based on hype and less on substance.

Last edited:
Thats absolutely right. But, we Indians are monopoly stricken in our thoughts and we believe it's just one or two manufacturers are worthy of making a car.

We tend to believe that cars made by companies displayed during IPL or other popular events are worthy considerations and superior. Makers sell cars based on hype and less on substance.
Vow, beautifully put! Monopoly stricken- I like the term. Yeah, now, even I am contemplating if I have to 'upgrade' from the Micra, what would it have to be ?
The GT TSI is very tempting, but I dread the thought of having my parents entering and alighting the car.
The Figo looks good on paper with 110BHP et al, but somehow still feels slightly on the lower side even compared to Micra in terms of cabin quality.
The Baleno petrol manual feels sprightly and the cabin is extra -generous , but that would be just a new car for the sake of it, compared to Micra. Same goes for the CVT Jazz.
The Abarth Punto is a beast, but not sure what to do with it during the regular commute chaos.

Top Bottom