Compact Urban Commuter Needed (OTR Max 12L)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #17
Indian,

Go for Petrol Car.In this Budget,you have Honda City and other Automatic Vehicles.
My favorite Jaaz is discontinued as per the news, till they introduce diesel around mid 2014[frustration], very sad one of my backup options gone...

So right now still my backups are

Honda City
Verna (Diesel)
Fiesta (Diesel)

Ecosport is about to be launched so waiting till that happens.

not an obvious choice, but I quite enjoy city driving on Thar. I've been in very congested roads of Agra, Delhi, Pune. It is not a comfortable, but easy to drive in traffic, everybody give you a way. For remaining money you can buy nice comfortable American leather reclaimer and enjoy comfort at home. In Pune people have a habit to start making U turns just in from of your car. He will stop, they think. Nobody making U turns when they see bumpers of my Thar approaching. First they think - He will stop, then - Who knows. If you want a car which can give you less stressful and relaxed driving in city traffic consider Thar.

Thread Starter #19
not an obvious choice, but I quite enjoy city driving on Thar. I've been in very congested roads of Agra, Delhi, Pune. It is not a comfortable, but easy to drive in traffic, everybody give you a way. For remaining money you can buy nice comfortable American leather reclaimer and enjoy comfort at home. In Pune people have a habit to start making U turns just in from of your car. He will stop, they think. Nobody making U turns when they see bumpers of my Thar approaching. First they think - He will stop, then - Who knows. If you want a car which can give you less stressful and relaxed driving in city traffic consider Thar.
hmmm...where is the 'Ignore People' button ? [confused]

I would pick Skoda Rapid if i wanted diesel, Honda City it Petrol. If not sedan i would have waited for Ecosport.

On February 20th i brought a Skoda Rapid Elegance(Ownership review will be out soon) and the car is the best of the Lot. And would like to say that is it the best Diesel Sedan under 12 lakhs. Truly Brilliant car.[:D][clap]

I would pick Skoda Rapid if i wanted diesel, Honda City it Petrol. If not sedan i would have waited for Ecosport.

On February 20th i brought a Skoda Rapid Elegance(Ownership review will be out soon) and the car is the best of the Lot. And would like to say that is it the best Diesel Sedan under 12 lakhs. Truly Brilliant car.[:D][clap]
I just paid for same Rapid TDI, getting it next Friday. I planing to replace stock tyres direct from showroom, so I can get trade in opportunity. As of size I will go for 195/60/R15 as I going to drive on rural roads too, low profile 205 not a good choise. What tyres do you recommend. I going to remap rapid after 1000km to 130bhp and need tyres with good speed rating like V or H at least. Looking for Yoko ES100 or Pirelli P7.

Duster can be a good choice in this segment too. Some quite good brakes on Duster.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
sorry, I didn ot read you r first post about ABS and EBD, hope you will find a good car which you will enjoy driving.
That's fine, for a moment I thought you are pulling my leg, no hard feelings buddy. [;)], Yep I am looking for more refined, feature rich vehicle.
Edit: Congratulations for you new car!

Hi Indian

I can list down 3 cars:

Verna

City

ES
Thanks Ankx, that is pretty much my list as of now, But ES in the top of the list then Verna, City is good but probably it will see a facelift very soon so not very sure.

Skoda no doubt great vehicle so is Vento, but for some reason they don't appeal to me(sorry not intending to hurt anyone, just my liking that's all)
Edit: Congratulations on your new car, will wait for your reveiw

Last edited:
Skoda no doubt great vehicle so is Vento, but for some reason they don't appeal to me(sorry not intending to hurt anyone, just my liking that's all)
Edit: Congratulations on your new car, will wait for your reveiw

Thank you very much Indian. Review will be out soon. I suggest you wait for EcoSport. Will suit your requirements.[:)]

Indian,go for Vento Diesel.It has excellent torque and power.We own one recently and that is an pre-worshipped one.It is 2012 version,which had done 13K Km in 10 months.Color is Terra Beige.

Thread Starter #27
@Music_Swift, Yes I know Vento is highly rated car from enthusiasts. But the look of car did not appeal to me at all. I know its very subjective [glasses]. Also generally people talk negative on its customer support and network.

BTW, I just test drove Verna Diesel Sx yesterday. They did not have the petrol Sx. But overall I liked the car. Noted its very difficult to control the initial thrust of the engine at 1st Gear. Don't know how people are managing at bumper to bumper traffic. But overall nice package. Verna has everything you need interms of features and gadgets. Rear space is not bad for 2 people. Even after adjusting the front seat in a leisurely setup, in the back I still had about 2 1/2 to 3 inch space between my knee and the front seat(that's how I test the back seat space [evil]). Rear seats kind of low and visibility for the rear passengers not that good. My daughter complained that she is getting a giddiness in the back seat during TD on curvy roads. Next TD I will sit in the back seat and test it out. The suspensions felt ok for my liking. It navigates through any pot holes with out any fuss. 'Thud' is heard but I think that is a 'healthy Thud'. Rear visibility is somewhat limited but for reversing there is a camera. The representative told me that verna has green tinted glass, 70% and 50% visibility(according to Indian law) Not sure if it has the tint, It looked almost plane.
Still waiting for Ecosport, but Verna still looks good alternative if I dont choose the Ecosport. Then definitely the question would come if I should choose 'Petrol' or 'Diesel', but that discussion will start later.

Thread Starter #28
Just a quick update here.
I have booked Ecosport 1.0 L Titanium(o)
Technicals looks very good and price is very attractive. Still not TD the vehicle as vehicle is not available at dealership. Once that's over nothing stopping.
Still open on Diesel, 1.0 Ecoboost, or 1.5 AT

Thread Starter #29
Well, just want to update my thread which started about a year back [frustration]
Cancelled Ecosport booking after seeing all the fiasco and miss managed stuff at Ford. It really took away my enthusiasm to be part of Ford. Liked the car in the showroom and TD was not bad but then on road it looked just bit taller than my current swift(no offense to Ecosport owners guys). When I was reassessing my options the tipping point came across, Ford increased the price by 45K for my variant when they hadn't been even delivered 20 cars in my city! Promptly cancelled my booking.

Then waited for Nissan Terano, hoping that It might be either priced less than Duster or with class leading features to justify the price range offered. But then again not satisfied as its priced about 70K more than Duster which is ridiculous IMO.

Now: New City 2014, is going to be launched this month. If not launch I am hoping that there will be concrete information available. So paid the priority advance booking for the City. Just waiting for couple of days to confirm or cancel again [;)]

Thread Starter #30
Just a quick update on the my one and half year old thread.

Booked Honda City 2014 iVtec VX-MT White, and vehicle has arrived in dealership. Just heading there this evening to finalize couple of accessories and probably take possession on Monday.

[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom