Buying a Good New Bike For Rs.95,000. Suggestions?

did you consider the new karizma r? the bike looked better in flesh i saw one. i was in my safari this evening. the bike looked awesome. i guess it was a test drive bike in yellow colour. the guy who rode was ripping it like anything.

did you consider the new karizma r? the bike looked better in flesh i saw one. i was in my safari this evening. the bike looked awesome. i guess it was a test drive bike in yellow colour. the guy who rode was ripping it like anything.
Yes, I agree with you that Karizma is a good bike. But the back seat is a bit high for a lady to sit on it with saari.

So yeah, it is a good bike which can lso be taken into consideration.

-PaddleShifter

Thread Starter #18
To compare seat height, took my CBZ xtreme and my brother with Pulsar 150 old to the Yamaha showroom. Guess What, CBZ was quite tall then then other two. Where FZ16 was lower in height due to 2 reason, lower profile tyre, the 17" wheel.

Also new FZ comes with a little wider seat.

So the decision was final to book FZ16.
Will get delivered in next week.

@PaddleShifter
Fazer is a good bike to have. One little disadvantage of having big face bike, is in the public parking area, where people park there vehicle is tight space such that the handle bar, brake lever scratches the face of the other bike parked adjacent. FZ 16 and Fazer is almost the same except the front cowl.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Are you booking the new 2.0 FI version ?.

I have booked FZ16 [non-FI]. The facelift shown at Auto Expo earlier this year was not that attractive. Also the FI is only available in FZ-S and not in FZ16. I think Yamaha wish to distinguish between the two models; the graphics, dual tone etc. in current model may not be sufficient for attracting customers.

I have booked FZ16 [non-FI].
Very Good decision!
The FI Version is good too but their prices are rocketed and the gurus at Yamaha are trying to compete with Honda's Unicorn in regards of power[anger] and mileage[clap][NO Offence to both Yamaha and Honda (bike)owners].
Even the carb-ed Unicorn returns impressive mileage and acceptable power.
But the carb-ed FZ returns less mileage around 40.
1/4th of my friends are so lucky that their FZs returns 45+ kmpl that too constantly.
Other friends are getting around 35-40 kmpl[frustration]
My GIFT for you(See The Link): How to Maintain Best Fuel Economy?
Fazer is a good bike to have. One little disadvantage of having big face bike, is in the public parking area, where people park there vehicle is tight space such that the handle bar, brake lever scratches the face of the other bike parked adjacent. FZ 16 and Fazer is almost the same except the front cowl.
It has one Major(may be little for you) Advantage. That is the Front Semi-fairing that you have mentioned as a disadvantage. Yes, it is a disadvantage but the fairing has passed the wind tunnel test so we can say that Fazer has good aerodynamics. Maybe your 60 Kms of city commute is full of Bumper-to-Bumper traffics :-P
My best wishes for you and your ride!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
Regarding Fazer, even if its bumper to bumper traffic I am ok with it, but the issue is with the public parking where people park there vehicle very carelessly. Handle crudely scratches fairing of other vehicle.

Handling FZ is much better than Unicorn due to its wider tyres and rider seating position. But in FE Unicorn steals away the advantage from FZ.

I wish FZ would have ABS + Lean sensor in it as a standard or optional equipment for safety.

Top Bottom