April 2014 Sales Figures of Cars in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car market in April 14 has been lull courtesy: Election commission of India.
I think because of the election month the sales are comparatively low. There are many restrictions and problems in election month.
If this is really the case, I guess sales till June will not give us the real trends. May also has elections in many parts of the country and results and government forming process will go on probably till end of May. The market will be keen to know the new government's policy towards the automobile industry. And going by this, I guess things will stabilize only post-July.

Hyundai should be really admired for the xcent launch at this price and the features such as rear AC vent, R15 wheels.Hyundai is known for bringing next segment features like in verna. Hyundai has changed the Indian Auto Market a lot. 33xx amaze numbers are really low xcent speaks.

My gut feeling says that brio has lost it sales to amaze and amaze has lost a certain percentage of its share to the city. Go to any Honda showroom and enquire about the top end brio, they will push you into mid/lower variant of amaze. Again go for the enquiry on top end amaze and you will be pushed into entry level city.
IMO a pure automobile enthu will opt for engine and space over "features". You can add the features/accessories in the near future. But the space and engine? Can you add them? And in india we have many people who will probably disagree with me and see the features as a blessing in a car. And thats why Hyundai rules inspite of MS being the ruler[;)]

Even though Hyundai has done a great job in launching Xcent with a competitive price tag, but some how I feel Xcent has cannibalized the sale of i20. People would love to get a sedan than a hatch at same price bracket and similar features. It's true, features are something people get carried away more than engine spec.

350Z

Core Team
SIAM Summary Report For April 2014

SIAM-Summary-Report.png

Production

The industry produced a total 1,861,849 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in April 2014 as against 1,687,243 in April 2013, registering a growth of 10.35 percent over the same month last year. The growth continues to be on account of growth in two wheelers production.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles declined by (-) 9.50 percent in April 2014 over the same month last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars and Vans dropped by (-) 10.15 percent and (-) 27.04 percent respectively, while Utility Vehicles grew marginally by 0.27 percent in April 2014 over the same month last year

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a de-growth of (-) 24.00 percent in April 2014 as compared to same month last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered negative growth at (-) 17.09 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles also dropped by (-) 27.37 percent.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 2.17 percent in April 2014 over the same month last year. Passenger Carriers and Goods Carriers declined by (-) 2.62 percent and (-) 0.46 percent respectively in April 2014 over April 2013.

Two Wheelers sales registered growth of 11.67 percent in April 2014 over April 2013. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 26.08 percent, 8.06 percent and 0.23 percent respectively in April 2014 over April 2013.

Exports

In April 2014, overall automobile exports grew by 12.98 percent. Passenger Vehicles and Three Wheelers registered de-growth at (-) 0.95 percent (-) 22.83 percent respectively while Commercial vehicles and Two wheelers registered growth at 12.66 percent and 24.66 percent respectively in April 2014 over April 2013.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Tata Nano with just a 1000+ pieces sold would surely have made the management worried. A better marketing as well as positioning of the vehicle is required as of now.
I really wonder if Nano would ever reach much higher numbers. We see quite a few Nanos plying around, but, their numbers are far less than any other brand cars. Although it is a VFM first-timers car, still the wrong perceptions seem to be holding it back. People find it hard that the car which was supposed cost Rs. 1 lakh only costs 2+ or 3+ lakhs now.

Nano's low resale value is one biggest drawback that might also be causing low sales in the first place.

Now that Nano, through it awesomeness advts have caught some attention, I feel they need to show more serious aspects of the car - like the power steering, or the CNG engine, higher FE, etc.

Surprising to see that Brio is selling so less (577 units). More so because it is not Amaze (selling just 3355 units) that is eating into Brio sales. Even Liva, Beat and Micra has sold more units than Brio is even more shocking (or is it because of Petrol + Diesel in these models??).

I guess it is high time Honda takes cues from the declining sales of Brio and Amaze and starts concentrating on the interiors of the Brio platform models, especially since Mobilio launch is around the corner.

With this kind of basic interiors and a lot of obvious cost cutting Honda is not going anywhere forward. If Honda continues the trend in Mobilio, I don't think the H-badge or its reliability image is going to save Honda.
Agree with you, both Brio and Amaze interiors need a refresh especially with grand and xcent up ing the game.

If I'm right these numbers are dealer sales, the dip in sale could be because of readjusting production to accommodate Mobilo also. Honda might be building inventories expecting demand for Mobilo. They did the same during city launch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom