All-New Honda Civic Launched in India

Re: Honda NOT To Re-Launch New Civic Sedan in India!?

If this is true, I'll be in line to wait and book it. Today I am about to book City Diesel and this news has surprised me. Waiting for more information

Octavia is the better car than Jetta. While Octavia is based on the latest MQB platform Jetta is older PQ35 platform.
I would like to understand more on this platform thing. My understanding on platform sharing is to have commonality resulting in reduced development and production costs.

Just because the Octavia is placed on the MQB how can we call it a better car and in which parameters?

Honda is no fool to bring in Civic here.Where do you place it?Above 15 lakh territory?The sales in D segment is very less and with A3 and CLA ready to launch from 20 lakhs,Honda has no real chance against the snob value of the German trio.
I agree. With the new love for SUV and luxury cars like A3 coming in at 22- 25L bracket the demand for executive cars have gone down dramatically. Honda had to discontinue Civic and the Accord for same reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Civic will likely get VGT. Honda can't put that same engine on every car. They must retune or remap or add Turbo. I think Honda will add VGT as there is no problem of Civic being priced competitively.

You mean a second Turbo? [confused] Current i-Dtec has an turbo charger already. I agree on the VGT part, there was some news floating in internet during i-Dtec launch the current engine is designed to house a VGT aswell for higher power output.

PS: Couldn't understand Why not the 1.6L i-Dtec? (apart from the tax saving point of view?)

Last edited:

Excise duty varies with engine size (it isn't Tax)
Yes. It isnt tax, I just borrowed your words to answer :stupid:

Cars under 4 m + 1.2 L petrol / 1.5 L diesel are considered small cars and have a lower duty. If the car is over 4 m, this rule does not apply. However, there is another rule to identify UVs, based on ground clearance etc. which I am not entirely sure of :sorry:

Cars under 4 m + 1.2 L petrol / 1.5 L diesel are considered small cars and have a lower duty. If the car is over 4 m, this rule does not apply.
>4m <=1.5L and >4m >1.5L has different excise duty (the same is applicable for Insurance premium calculation as well)

Re: Honda Might Re-Launch New Civic in India in 2015

With no official confirmation from Honda or other Auto Websites like Autocar, Overdrive, Zigwheels etc. This speculation will be forever. Only pictures of Proto Production will confirm the reality.

Honda Civic had its production version revealed in leaked patent images this week. The new model, which appeared both in sedan body as the coupe, will bring a much more aggressive look, with striking lines, while maintaining the visual identity of the Japanese automaker.

honda-civic-2016-patente-1.jpg
honda-civic-2016-patente-4.jpg
honda-civic-coupe-2016-patente-4.jpg

The new Civic will also have a larger wheelbase and will be lower and wider than the model currently sold. In the range of engines, there will be a four-cylinder 1.5 liter turbo and other direct injection, with manual transmission or six-speed a new generation CVT.

Launch in 2017.

Google Translate

Honda Civic 2015 reaches India. Now at Honda's Rajasthan facility.
No plans of India Launch yet.

honda-civic-2015-front.jpg
honda-civic-2015-side.jpg
honda-civic-2015-interior.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Top Bottom