Advice a New Hatchback - Rs.6 Lakh Budget

Over confident,irresponsible sales executive i would say who not only got into an accident while giving test drive of the vehicle but also put many lives in danger while doing so, yes many SE in many brand cars does this to prove the realibility of the features and car poses but not on such roads where they have traffic,Dont get scared my friend, we dont drive like this on our day to day routines.Would suggest you to try another showroom another car, or even same car at another showroom.Not every fruit is ripped one sukesh.

Thread Starter #32
Ya i will try other cars.. but i liked punto d very much.. only one showroom in our city for fiat..that's the main problem now..
I am reading about diesel cars getting banned , diesel getting deregulated etc... For max of 1200 kms per month which one is better? diesel or petrol ? i am planning to keep the car for minimum of 5 years... so which one is better???

I am not actually advising but if your heart really beats for punto then go for it eyes closed, its gonna give you what no other car can give. I can say this as i am using Punto 90hp.

And now why i said that "i am not advising" is because you'll definitely gonna face some problems dealing with TASS guys. Anyways FIAT exclusive are opening up, may be the indian fiat scenario would change soon.

One more point. After having all those problems, whenever you would drive a fiat you'll definitely forget everything, at lest this is what happens to me, always.

Thread Starter #34
I don think i will go for fiat now...The rear seats are cramped...I am so confused ... i have shortlisted the following... i don mind whether its petrol or diesel but i need average of 15kmpl FE
1) Honda Jazz X
2) Hyundai i20 asta petrol
3) Mahindra quanto base model
4) VW polo highline diesel
5) Skoda fabia

any suggestions in the above ones?

I don think i will go for fiat now...The rear seats are cramped...I am so confused ... i have shortlisted the following... i don mind whether its petrol or diesel but i need average of 15kmpl FE
1) Honda Jazz X
5) Skoda fabia

any suggestions in the above ones?
If you find the Punto's rear cramped,strike off VW Polo also from your list. It has even less or maybe similar leg room in the rear as in Punto. Although i would advise you to go and test drive each and every vehicle with your family and see which one suits your requirements the best. I think space wise no one beats the Honda Jazz but then its a petrol[roll].
Regarding FE, i've been driving the Polo for close to 10 months now. Getting about 17-18kmpl on average with mix of city and highway driving.

1) Honda Jazz X
5) Skoda fabia
All the above cars are good in some departments and all of them have their own shortcomings.

Jazz - If you want most spacious car than go for Honda Jazz but its a petrol and looks like you are more interested in diesel car right now. Another issue is availability and low sales numbers, later you may face issue of unavailability of spares and service.

i20 - If you are too much fancy about lot of gizmos and features, this is the car to choose. Very good feel inside, top class safety features, Hyundai's service record (personally I don't accept that those are cheaper to maintain), hot car in the market clocking decent sales numbers every month etc.

Quanto - Avoid. Its not a car but a shortened truck chassis and a body fitted over the chassis. Unsafe, uncomfortable, poor handler.

Polo, Fabia-
i am planning to keep the car for minimum of 5 years... so which one is better???
You have a Affordable German brand to choose which makes build to last cars. Superb build quality all around inside-out, no panel gaps, okayish after sales service, great handling, superb high speed stability and braking performance, you can keep doing fatigue free long journey without needing much breaks compared to other cars in this segment.

Choose either Polo or go for it's cousin Fabia if you want more plush feel inside.

Right now these are best driver's car available in the market with tank like build quality if that is your preference.

One important suggestion is that do have extensive test drives of all the above cars before making any decision. We can only advice you but what matters to you is what do you feel about the car when you are driving it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom